Lukeyboy

Elite Skekane Rear Mount System

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:43 pm

Name of product
Elite Skekane Rear Mount System

Where bought and price
Wiggle - List Price: $45/Paid $40

How it is used
Triathlons, long distance rides or if you need to carry any other extra items.

Description
Weight: 139g (217gm with all attachments - 3x Elite Custom Race Water bottle holders, screws/washers/nuts, CO2 Canister attachment)
Material: Aluminum
Comes with: Frame mount, screws for mounting the frame to the saddle rails/screws to attach the CO2 cartridge to frame (does not come with screws to attach waterbottle holders to the frame), CO2 cartridge frame (holds 2x CO2 cartridges), 2 straps (strapping tubes/tools/bags to the inside of the frame).
Attaches under the seat and can hold 3 water bottles, 2x CO2 Canisters and ability to strap tubes/tools bag etc to its frame aswell all at the one time. The CO2 Canister attachment is removable so it can be place on the inside of the frame so a water bottle holder can be placed on the outside or flipped around so it would be on the outside of the frame with space for a tool bag/spares bag to be attached on the inside either to the frame of from the seat.
Other similar setups: Xlab make a similar range of setups from alloy and carbon frames > http://www.xlab-usa.com/products/rear-s ... -wing.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3x Elite Custom Race Cages, 2x Elite 750ml Jossanova water bottles, 1x BBB Tools and Spares storage bottles, 1x threaded CO2 cartridges

3x Elite Custom Race Water bottle holders, screws/washers/nuts, CO2 Canister attachment

**Will update thread with separate photos showing close ups of the frame later tonight or on the weekend**

Positives
+ Instillation: Very simple and easy. Just attaches to the saddle rails under your seat
+ Amount of attachments
+ Able to run 5 water bottles (3 on mount/2 on bike frame) + tools

Negatives
- Additional total weight due to full waterbottles/spaces/tools etc
- There aren't any. The only negative thing I could say would be that the CO2 canisters can come lose if not secured properly on rough/poor quality roads

Recommendation
I would recommend it. Others that I've seen and used have a plastic construction and on rough roads the waterbottle might come lose/fallout or the mount might brake/become damaged. The amount of items that its able to carry is another reason why I'd recommend it.

OVERALL SCORES

Quality ImageImageImage
Performance ImageImageImage
Value for money ImageImageImage

Lukeyboy

Re: Elite Skekane Rear Mount System

Postby Lukeyboy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:36 pm

All the separate parts.

Lukeyboy

Re: Elite Skekane Rear Mount System

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:15 pm

Still going good. The C02 cage mount is still stupid so I'd advise not putting C02 canisters in them unless you have a valve on the top. Another issue is the screws attaching the mount to the seat can come lose on longer rides. Chuck some nuts on the inside and it will prevent this from happening. On my training bike with 3 bottles attached on the rear I can develop speed wobbles but that's to be expected with 2.25L of water over the rear wheel on a lightish bike. Apart from that no other issues.