Toe and teonail care

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
PiCO

Toe and teonail care

Postby PiCO » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:37 pm

It might sound like a mundane topic but I know that I suffer if I don't care for my toes and toenails.

For example, I know if I've neglected to cut my toenails after finishing a long ride for example (snug size 43 in most bike shoes).

I also know that even minor toe injuries become very evident on bike rides.

Are there any routines you follow for foot care, nail cutting and general foot / toe maintenance?

This may take us into shoe and fitting territory as well

PiCO

sogood

Re: Toe and teonail care

Postby sogood » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:02 pm

Toe nails like these are unsuitable for well fitting cycling shoes. So trim them.

And if you have toe nail problems with toe nailed neatly trimmed like below, then your shoes are too small.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:23 pm

Cut regularly, cut square or very slightly concave.
Your feet will swell noticeably during a ride, maybe upsize your shoes?

I'm pretty sure that Darwin didn't design the human foot to be shod, so spend as much time as practicable barefoot too.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:31 pm

Darwin designed the human foot :shock: ...Sacre bleu!....Mon dieu!!!....(PS I am swearing...not praying :wink: ).

drubie

Postby drubie » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:19 pm

Hey, I saw that episode of Bewitched. Esmerelda sends Darren back in time to the emergence of the mammal for calling her an interfering old biddy, while Aunt Agatha accidently casts spells on one of Larry's clients that Sam is trying to entertain without giving anything away! All while dressed in a Kimono!

And the anthropological descent picture on the wall changes every time Darwin trips over and squashes another rat-like creature, causing the clients to do a hilarious double-take and threaten to close the account! Oh, the hilarity!

"Well Darwin, I hope you learned your lesson", to which Darren does his shaky fisted, pop-eyed fulmination!

(that Elizabeth Montgomery made me feel awful funny in the pant area when I was growing up).
So we get the leaders we deserve and we elect, we get the companies and the products that we ask for, right? And we have to ask for different things. – Paul Gilding
but really, that's rubbish. We get none of it because the choices are illusory.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:48 am

You can treat yourself with a footbath every week - a chance to give yourself a pedicure. Your feet with thank you.
Cycling is in my BNA

rustychisel

Postby rustychisel » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:42 pm

AUbicycles wrote:You can treat yourself with a footbath every week - a chance to give yourself a pedicure. Your feet with thank you.

you big fancy nancy! What sort of jibberish is this??

rustychisel

Postby rustychisel » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:44 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Darwin designed the human foot :shock: ...Sacre bleu!....Mon dieu!!!....(PS I am swearing...not praying :wink: ).

Well it wasn't Baron Cuvier, oh cheese eating froggy bloke. If it had your feet would probably have ended up grafted upon your [other body parts]. It's mysterious, I know, but look up the story of the Megalosaurus in Hyde Park.

carrotspoke

Postby carrotspoke » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:08 pm

rustychisel wrote:
toolonglegs wrote:Darwin designed the human foot :shock: ...Sacre bleu!....Mon dieu!!!....(PS I am swearing...not praying :wink: ).
Well it wasn't Baron Cuvier, oh cheese eating froggy bloke. If it had your feet would probably have ended up grafted upon your [other body parts]. It's mysterious, I know, but look up the story of the Megalosaurus in Hyde Park.
:!: :lol: :lol: