Nuts...

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
toolonglegs

Re: Nuts...

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:24 am

Slight update... :lol: ...I touched the ground with my fingers when doing a hammy stretch for the first time in a year or more :D . 9 months ago I could only touch my knees.
OK I am still having issues and my lower back is still a plank but I am getting there very slowly!.

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Yay! Keep up the good work.
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

toolonglegs

Nuts...

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:28 pm

Big smiles!...now I just need to start racing again!!!.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Ummm, what's that saying? From little things, big things grow! :idea: 8)

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:39 am

Did they ever figure out what was wrong with you?
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:10 am

Great to hear some good news for a chnage - keep it up !!!

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:52 pm

I am so glad i have found this thread, TLLs description of the groin pain in his OP is EXACTLY what i have been having. The differences are, mine is not on every ride (sometimes i can go 3 weeks without it), it seems to be more on rides where i do a lot of out of the saddle climbing. I have also had lower back pain, though thankfully nothing on what poor TLL has been dealing with. I got my first ever massage earlier this year and was told "every muscle from your head to toe is rock solid" and that my hips were twisted. Despite my girlfriend telling me i should go to the doctor about it i have been true to my gender and have put it off. After getting some more pronounced lower back pain in my last race i have been doing some very primitive stretching, and will be using the links and tips in this thread, along with a trip to a chiro or sports masseur, to come up with a more detailed method. Many thanks to all for the information that has been contributed to this.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

toolonglegs

Nuts...

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Yep,every doc I went to tried to find something wrong in their field but in the end I am pretty sure it was just a combination of tight hamstring and strained psoas muscle... But when my gp said to stop riding everything froze up and in turn inflamed my lower back...that is now taking a LONG time to get better.
Crazy that it may have been something so "simple" which has become major!.

toolonglegs

Nuts...

Postby toolonglegs » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:10 pm

Ps...yesterday I did 53km at 32.5 av with 500m climbing!...I spent a lot of time aero and my back was playing up as it so stiff...the engine is easy to rebuild but the chassis will take a long time!

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:02 pm

toolonglegs

Nuts...

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:14 pm

Nope...but they thought I was...in the end I put it 100% on a problem with my psoas muscle.
Everything got 1000% worse for some reason when they told me to stop riding.
And got 1,000,000% worse when my physio got me to do a leg strength comparison on some contraption ripping the crap out of my already poorly muscles.
Everything else was just symptoms of that muscle problem.
I still have the same groin pains but they are greatly reduced now... My inflamed back is very slowly coming right.
Need to do a lot more stretching as my hip flexors locked up totally for so long to protect my back...it is taking a looooong time to get everything moving again.
Only real on bike issue now is poor core and tight hammies which means riding in the drops or aero position can't be held long. Also motor is coming back faster than the chassis can cope ;-) .
Funnily ( :-( ) after all those different doctors visits the only person who said psoas was my physio .... Even when I had huge cramps etc in my psoas during some off the exams!. If only the physio hadn't done that test on me I would be months ahead now!.