Inguinal Hernia Recovery

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
by76

Inguinal Hernia Recovery

Postby by76 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:28 am

I recently had an inguinal hernia repaired (open surgery, not laproscopic), and am wondering when the best time to get back on the bike is. I have started running again 2 weeks after and apart from general muscle soreness, everything seems to be going ok. Really after opinions from others who have had similar procedure and how long they waited before getting back on the bike, and the problems they faced.
Cheers.

scotto

Re: Inguinal Hernia Recovery

Postby scotto » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:18 am

best to ask the guy who used the knife. he alone knows the extent of what was done inside you !

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:57 pm

scotto wrote:best to ask the guy who used the knife. he alone knows the extent of what was done inside you !
Agreed. Search for my post on inguinal hernias from a few months ago. I was back on the bike in 10 days.

David

scotto

Postby scotto » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:47 am

as a side note, there are many ways to repair hernia's like this. open, keyhole, sewing the hernia back together, or in light of the recent powerband thread somewhere, they can use a mylar mesh to help hold it all in. Now maybe if you get get a hologramed mylar sewn into your groin/abdomen..... the mind boggles.