need help with weight issues

I'm not a doctor but… 
Cycling injury, recovery and health issues.
Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.

Re: need help with weight issues

Postby TimW » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:11 pm

For me, this has worked.
No soft drink
no alcohol(Have not had a drink for 6 years anyway)
Plenty of fruit
plenty of vegetables
2 hours excersize per day(Started with gym now riding 300 k's per week on my bike)
plenty of water.
eat often small portions.

Result 27 Kilogrammes lost since April 2010.
Cholesterol was 8.6 Now 2.9.
current weight 92.6 Kg

Tim
TimW

by BNA » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:43 am

BNA

Postby Myddraal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:43 am

tyred wrote:You can speed up weight loss by cutting bread and alcohol from your diet but I love toast for breakfast and beer too much :mrgreen:
Well there's your problem. Alcohol is one of the worst things you can have while trying to lose weight, especially beer.
Myddraal

Postby tyred » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:47 pm

I don't have a problem Myddraal, I'm losing weight at a rate of 1kg a month which is fine by me. If I have to give up the lifestyle I enjoy I'm not interested. 8)
tyred

Postby casual_cyclist » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:53 pm

tyred wrote:I don't have a problem Myddraal, I'm losing weight at a rate of 1kg a month which is fine by me. If I have to give up the lifestyle I enjoy I'm not interested. 8)

a kilogram a month is a sensible approach. I know someone who dropped ~20kg in 2 years and has kept it off ever since. Gives your body time to adjust.

Others I know who have "crash" dieted and lost it fast always put it back on + interest.
<removed by request>
casual_cyclist

Postby Myddraal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:11 pm

tyred wrote:I don't have a problem Myddraal, I'm losing weight at a rate of 1kg a month which is fine by me. If I have to give up the lifestyle I enjoy I'm not interested. 8)
I'm just saying, alcohol is terribad.
Myddraal

Postby Tim » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:24 pm

Probably should start a new thread for this and will if anyone thinks it's a good idea.
Anyway, TimW, I am very curious to know how you dropped your cholesterol level from 8.6 to 2.9? This is a very substantial decrease. Was it with assistance from medication or just the diet and exercise?
Whilst I don't have a weight problem my cholesterol level was 7.0 and with a determined dietary and exercise schedule I managed to bring it down to 4.6. The doctor was very surprised and thought I'd been taking tablets from elsewhere, he had never seen such a rapid drop within 5-6 months. Could you give us any tips?
Tim

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Tim wrote:Probably should start a new thread for this and will if anyone thinks it's a good idea.
Anyway, TimW, I am very curious to know how you dropped your cholesterol level from 8.6 to 2.9? This is a very substantial decrease. Was it with assistance from medication or just the diet and exercise?
Whilst I don't have a weight problem my cholesterol level was 7.0 and with a determined dietary and exercise schedule I managed to bring it down to 4.6. The doctor was very surprised and thought I'd been taking tablets from elsewhere, he had never seen such a rapid drop within 5-6 months. Could you give us any tips?

Go vegan. No external cholesterol sources. I have "Chinese peasant" levels of cholesterol (in the low 2s). Probably too extreme for most people, but that's what happened for me. Your mileage may vary.

David
bigfriendlyvegan

Previous

Return to Cycling Health