Weight Loss and Hair Growth

I'm not a doctor but… 
Cycling injury, recovery and health issues.
Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.

Re: Weight Loss and Hair Growth

Postby gtfpv cycler » Mon May 30, 2011 4:06 pm

i am very hairy also , when i was young i had very hairy legs , i noticed less hair on my legs , getting older . after 6 weeks of riding , my legs were very hairy again , and i was at a loss to explain why .
gtfpv cycler

by BNA » Mon May 30, 2011 5:21 pm

BNA

Postby Apple » Mon May 30, 2011 5:21 pm

gtfpv cycler wrote:i am very hairy also , when i was young i had very hairy legs , i noticed less hair on my legs , getting older . after 6 weeks of riding , my legs were very hairy again , and i was at a loss to explain why .

Circulation improved, from being a fat ba*&rd to a lean hairy machine :wink:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
Apple

Postby scotto » Tue May 31, 2011 7:18 am

you need sharks with laser beams attached to their foreheads to remove the unwanted hair...

proof it works..

scotto

Postby gtfpv cycler » Tue May 31, 2011 2:57 pm

Apple wrote:
gtfpv cycler wrote:i am very hairy also , when i was young i had very hairy legs , i noticed less hair on my legs , getting older . after 6 weeks of riding , my legs were very hairy again , and i was at a loss to explain why .

Circulation improved, from being a fat ba*&rd to a lean hairy machine :wink:

hehe , you tell it like it is dont you , haha
gtfpv cycler

Postby Apple » Tue May 31, 2011 7:04 pm

gtfpv cycler wrote:hehe , you tell it like it is dont you , haha

Always 8)
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
Apple

Postby Karati » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:18 pm

I think it's the change of seasons.

I'm from the north of Scotland and in winter i get a 'winter coat' as my wife likes to call it.
Karati

Postby Comedian » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:47 am

Look... I don't want to get anyone excited here.. but I think I am actually a little hairier than I was BC. :shock: :shock:
Once you can climb hills on a bike it's all downhill. :mrgreen:

Hopefully I'll know what that's like..... one day. :shock: :lol:

Comedian

Postby greyhoundtom » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:08 am

Increased hair growth due to exercise and weight loss is a natural occurrence due to exercise increasing testosterone levels.

Carrying excess body fat elevates estrogen levels, and that may cause testosterone levels to lower, so loosing weight can also increase testosterone levels.

One side effect of increased testosterone levels is that hair generally becomes courser and thicker, and it also thickens up those fine body hairs not noticed much before, creating a hairier appearance.

Increased testosterone levels also has other benefits which I wont mention on here. :mrgreen:
greyhoundtom

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:48 pm

greyhoundtom wrote:Increased hair growth due to exercise and weight loss is a natural occurrence due to exercise increasing testosterone levels.

One side effect of increased testosterone levels is that hair generally becomes courser and thicker, and it also thickens up those fine body hairs not noticed much before, creating a hairier appearance.

Yeah! So explain why I am 3/4 bald and I started losing hair, when I was racing Aces/Elite, huh??????? Me thinks you speak with forked tongue! :twisted: :(
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Postby Parker » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:57 pm

greyhoundtom wrote:Increased hair growth due to exercise and weight loss is a natural occurrence due to exercise increasing testosterone levels.

Carrying excess body fat elevates estrogen levels, and that may cause testosterone levels to lower, so loosing weight can also increase testosterone levels.

Increased testosterone levels also has other benefits which I wont mention on here. :mrgreen:

I was going to say that if nobody had actually said it
Parker

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:06 pm

foo on patrol wrote:Yeah! So explain why I am 3/4 bald and I started losing hair, when I was racing Aces/Elite, huh??????? Me thinks you speak with forked tongue! :twisted: :(

Solar panel for a lean mean racing machine? No drug testing for vitamin D :wink:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:21 pm

Now that sounds like a reasonable answer. Less man boobs = less estrogen :)

I actually need to shave my head again tomorrow for the second time this month. It used to be once every 6-8 weeks.

Sorry Apple, no second hand testosterone from me, I'm afraid. Mrs. BFV is very possessive.

David
bigfriendlyvegan

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:01 pm

Mulger bill wrote:
foo on patrol wrote:Yeah! So explain why I am 3/4 bald and I started losing hair, when I was racing Aces/Elite, huh??????? Me thinks you speak with forked tongue! :twisted: :(

Solar panel for a lean mean racing machine? No drug testing for vitamin D :wink:

Ok I'll take that! :mrgreen:
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Previous

Return to Cycling Health