Knee Pain

I'm not a doctor but… 
Cycling injury, recovery and health issues.
Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.

Knee Pain

Postby esky64 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:51 pm

I've just got back on the bike few weeks now and the other day I did a Carmichael Training Systems, Cycling For Cadence the next day I had a sore Left knee. I have a crappy IBT but I stretch it before and After best I can. today I did a slow recovery ride so tomorrow I can do a resting Heart rate test. now I have a sore left knee maybe from to low a cadence> If I remember last time I did first heart rate ride I also to sore knee's
Hillbrick Custom Build, Shimano Ultegra 6500 Group Dura ace hubs. Velocity A23 rims
New Gillies or Baum Custom on the way
esky64

by BNA » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:26 am

BNA

Re: Knee Pain

Postby Cycotic » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:26 am

You could try changing your cleat position. Even a very small change can make a difference.
Good article here - link.
Cycotic

Re: Knee Pain

Postby coffeeandwine » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Assuming saddle is at appropriate height and bike is set up ok...

My physio gave me the following bits of advice which seemed to help (my problem was with the knee cap, not sure if you have the same issue). I started off with too much enthusiasm and by the time the knee pain developed had to cut the kms back a bit until it resolved and most importantly avoid too many hard hills (particularly being in too high a gear/low cadence). The comment on cleat position is helpful-i found adjusting slightly so my foot was more turned out (ie adjust cleat by turning inwards on sole) certainly helped. good luck with fixing the problem, i hate it when injuries keep me off the bike (latest one has been my foot!).
Merida 903 from the LBS; Diesel engine
coffeeandwine

Return to Cycling Health