The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
- Posts: 81
- Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:46 pm
Just a quick question hoping it relates to a fit issue or something on my bike.
After my last couple of rides over several weeks (maybe 2-3 hours after I finish) I have sharp pain in my groin (only ever in my right leg) which sticks around for maybe a day.
Generally, is there anything to do with fit/position on the bike which could contribue to this. I am a 26yo male who rides a Giant Hybrid bike.
- Posts: 519
- Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:56 pm
- Location: Taylors Hill, Victoria
It sounds like it might be a fit issue but it could be a number of things (or combination of).
- how level is your seat (does it angle up or down at the front or is it pretty much horizontal with the ground)?
- how high do you have your seat set? Do you still have a bend in your knee when the pedal is at the bottom of its downstroke?
- do you feel comfortable on the seat when riding? (does it feel wide enough to support your "sit bones")?
- do you tend to rock side to side on your seat whilst pedaling hard?
- how long have you been riding this bike for?
- have you made any adjustments to the bike already to try and resolve this (if so, what have you done)?
- did you get a bike fit when you purchased the bike (or is it a 2nd hander?)
When making changes to the bike it is a good idea to make one change and then see how it goes for a few rides, then make another if needed, etc. etc.
If you change multiple things at once and it makes it worse (or better), you won't know which change has made the difference.
Otherwise, perhaps it might be money well spent to get a proper bike fit done.
There's nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable on your bike...
- Posts: 5591
- Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:08 pm
- Location: Yagoona, AU
some pain, it might also be the cause.
Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Cell Bikes
- Malvern Star
- Santa Cruz
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Noviss
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.