new shoes foot pain

I'm not a doctor but… 
Cycling injury, recovery and health issues.
Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.

new shoes foot pain

Postby 13bute » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:52 pm

hi all
i am new to cycling been riding a mountain bike to and from work for about 6 months now , i decided to
step it up and buy a road bike. But before i got my road bike i decided to buy my new shoes first to get used to them
first and clipping in and out of the pedals :) . now the thing is i have had two 40 k rides and my feet have been fine , but
the third ride i had my right foot had aching pain in it after 30 k which made it hard to carry on :cry: .
so i finished the ride home and waited until i had my new bike . now i got my new bike :D trek domane 2.3 :D :D
awesome bike and couldn't wait to take it out today but 25k into the ride and this pain in the foot again outer arch of the foot
i loosened my shoe to see if that was it but still there , is it normal for this with new shoes or do i need inner soul or something .
13bute

by BNA » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:07 pm

BNA

Re: new shoes foot pain

Postby gassyndrome » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Go to the shop you bought your bike from and get them to have a look at the angles and setup you have going. You shouldn't have any pain.
gassyndrome

Return to Cycling Health