Waxing avoid this thread before, after and during meals!

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
Wakatuki

Waxing avoid this thread before, after and during meals!

Postby Wakatuki » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:37 am

Anyone have the experience of waxing the perineum or the 'notcha' as it was known in my youth!
After a 45 k ride in the sweaty heat, the only discomfort I have was I feel caused by hairs rubbing in the perineum area.
Does anyone else suffer this or am I just a hairy a**e? :wink:
Now, other than the warnings of excruciating pain during the waxing, I am a man after all, do you do this or are there other better recommendations?

tangary

Re: Waxing avoid this thread before, after and during meals

Postby tangary » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:46 am

Borrowed from another post:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... ewpoints=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :shock:
TCR Adv 0 2013

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:08 am

Yeah, I already knew the issues of VEET, nice to gently steered away just in case I succumb to temptation. :lol:

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:42 am

Sorry to hijack the thread a little - how about the groin area and shaving / waxing... I've always wondered if there is much discomfort during the early regrowth periods?

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:56 pm

Kenzo wrote:Sorry to hijack the thread a little - how about the groin area and shaving / waxing... I've always wondered if there is much discomfort during the early regrowth periods?
No, hijack away..... It all adds up, leading to the answer for more people than just me.
I have shaved the scrotum before OH GOD the itching..... then the prickles that stab or stick into every item of clothing and snag on the undies.

I have trimmed the notcha before using an electric trimming shaver but, due to the severely poor flexibility results in cramps and lactic build up and the GLW is not game for helping. So all I end up with is nothing more than a hack job. And hopefully no red leaky stuff :shock:

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:19 pm

Wakatuki wrote: I have shaved the scrotum before OH GOD the itching..... then the prickles that stab or stick into every item of clothing and snag on the undies.

+1, i gave it a go once. ONCE.... :shock:
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Someone'd have to hold me down. It taint that hairy...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Parker

Postby Parker » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Guys... here's the deal with waxing.

1. You get used to it.
2. Hair down there... the more frequently it's waxed (don't miss you 4 weekly or 6 weekly appointment), the more likely it is to come back thinner and less of it.
3. Why on earth men think it's okay for them to have hair down there and for a woman not to I don't know, but... eewwww AND yuck!
4. Hurt? Just don't go in the lead up to your period.

Another thing, if you've been brave enough to wax once and then decided it's too much and use veet, it actually makes the hair grow a lot thicker and when you go to have it waxed because you realise that waxing is just so much better... IT HURTS LIKE HELL... you can get through it though.

Moral of the story? Wax because it's cleaner, she'll like it more AND... you'll probably like it more!

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:12 am

ldrcycles wrote:
Wakatuki wrote: I have shaved the scrotum before OH GOD the itching..... then the prickles that stab or stick into every item of clothing and snag on the undies.

+1, i gave it a go once. ONCE.... :shock:
Well, see now, therein lies the problem - doing it once you'll have the hair growing back to critical mass length. After critical mass length the itchies come to the party - if you kept doing it and kept the hair to a decent (very short) length the itchies don't party as hard down under.

What's wrong with trimming (not with a shaver but with scissors)? Hair won't be cut short enough for the itchies but will still satisfy your manliness at the same time as helping tidy everything up. :lol:

AKO

Postby AKO » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:48 pm

Holy crap people. Do yourself a favour and read the reviews for Veet on the amazon link above. I read some out to the misses and we both had tears rolling down our faces. Funny as. BTW, never waxed but have used Nads. Works well with none of the burning the reviewers mentioned in regard to Veet.
Giant TCR Advanced 1 (2014)
Malvern Star XCS 5.0 MTB (2012)
Malvern Star Path Racer 1 (2015)
ProLite Cuneo

brett.hooker

Postby brett.hooker » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:05 pm

Priceless... GLW is rolling in tears while reading... Particularly liked the "gay snowman" analogy...
Loving my Merida's and working towards adding a Pinarello to the stable... Go go go...

Jean

Postby Jean » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:59 pm

Those reviews are absolutely priceless.

bardygrub

Postby bardygrub » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:58 pm

brett.hooker wrote:Priceless... GLW is rolling in tears while reading... Particularly liked the "gay snowman" analogy...
+1 for the snow man. :lol: