Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
- Posts: 2240
- Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:07 pm
- Location: Melbourne
This is a relatively recent phenomenon, I've been commuting this route for 3+ years. The only thing that has changed most recently is a new saddle (Charge Spoon, formerly a soft and spongy OEM Speciaized); it started not immediately but shortly after that (couple of weeks maybe?)
I raised the seat post height a bit given that the height of the saddle (top to rails) was significantly less. The new saddle is however firmer, so won't be compressing enough. I haven't done anything scientific to dial in the angle either, just set it relatively flat, maybe a touch nose down.
Any tips on adjustments that might help?
- Posts: 1793
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:18 pm
- Location: Brisbane
I suggest a process of elimination
- get a decent massage of your hip flexors and adductors, and abductors, and extensors. pay particular attention to the pectineus, rectus femoris and iliopsoas.
- stretch the above muscles for a few weeks, in addition to your lumbar spine.
- strengthen your core with planks and bicycle crunches
- get some manual therapy from a physio or osteopath to loosen your lumbar facet joints.
lower your saddle for a week and see if it makes a diff.
use a saddle cream for a week.
- Posts: 2531
- Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:28 pm
- Location: Flagstaff Hill, Adelaide SA 5159
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users