TSB for you to feel healthy on the bike?

I'm not a doctor but… 
Cycling injury, recovery and health issues.
Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.

TSB for you to feel healthy on the bike?

Postby Xplora » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:45 am

Just a random one for the power fans out there. I had a big couple of weeks and then got quite sick with this chest cold everyone in Sydney has. We are talking TSB maybe +100? It has dropped to 0 now. Anyway I am back on with a few rides and I am feeling constantly on the edge with my joints and muscles, it isn't a gosh I trained hard feeling but a watch out or you will be in serious pain and hurt yourself feeling.

Previously I was riding to and from work for a daily TSS of 80, with 200 on saturday. now I do fewer rides averaging 200-250 2-4 times a week. Don't recall this borderline injury feeling before despite a lot more kms.

What do you reckon? Do I need 45 minutes on the trainer every day instead of these bigger rides. I am starting racing in October (God help us all)
Xplora

by BNA » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:48 am

BNA

Re: TSB for you to feel healthy on the bike?

Postby The 2nd Womble » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:48 am

Eating alot of wheat? My joints flare up after going overboard.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves
The 2nd Womble

Postby TimW » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:03 am

Xplora wrote:Just a random one for the power fans out there. I had a big couple of weeks and then got quite sick with this chest cold everyone in Sydney has. We are talking TSB maybe +100? It has dropped to 0 now. Anyway I am back on with a few rides and I am feeling constantly on the edge with my joints and muscles, it isn't a gosh I trained hard feeling but a watch out or you will be in serious pain and hurt yourself feeling.

Previously I was riding to and from work for a daily TSS of 80, with 200 on saturday. now I do fewer rides averaging 200-250 2-4 times a week. Don't recall this borderline injury feeling before despite a lot more kms.

What do you reckon? Do I need 45 minutes on the trainer every day instead of these bigger rides. I am starting racing in October (God help us all)

My suggestion would be seek council from Josh, Ehly or Arty, LISTEN to their advice and TAKE it :) better getting advice from people you know rather than random thoughts by strangers on a forum, Particularly cousin Arty who regularly races and Josh and Ehly race A,B and sometimes C 8) so they must be doing something right, Right?

edit, Womble not casting aspertions on the wheat theory either, just that xplora has a plethora of advice from very good riders and racers.
TimW

Postby Xplora » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:16 am

They would blush to hear your kind words Tim!
Xplora

Postby Xplora » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:19 am

The 2nd Womble wrote:Eating alot of wheat? My joints flare up after going overboard.

I don't have any specific wheat issues but I do feel a bit more zing going paleo. Steak, salad and ristretto; the perfect diet? :shock:
She is a damn expensive way to eat though.
Xplora

Postby The 2nd Womble » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:47 am

Great, now I'm hungry.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves
The 2nd Womble

Return to Cycling Health