Benefit of hindsight

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
briztoon

Re: Benefit of hindsight

Postby briztoon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Geebus trailgumby, set backs really mess with you don't they. As much mentally, as the physical problem. I hope everything works out, and the docs have things sorted. As much as you want to get back on the bike, and go on holiday with your son, your health is the number one priority and I'm sure your son is more concerned with you healing properly than heading to NZ for some riding.

Thanks for the well wishes guys. There is a thread in the Info/announcements forum about my accident. Don't want to hijack trailgumbys thread.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:35 pm

Yeah, not so sure about that jules. :? The location on the shin is not a good one, the blood flow is poor.

I've been told to keep it elevated which is difficult at work. Have been using a box to keep it up but it's not high enough.

By afternoon it is sore and red again. Hoping to work from home but might have to take the week off if my remote access security token has been retired.

I did a very gentle pootle around the neighborhood Sunday on the roadie. I don't think it helped. :|

Thanks for the well wishes briz. Hoping your recovery is smooth.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:37 pm

trailgumby wrote:Yeah, not so sure about that jules. :? The location on the shin is not a good one, the blood flow is poor.
in your state, i wouldn't ride. in any case, i would seek proper medical advice. but i got conflicting advice - one GP was very confused and wanted me off the bike for a long time. i gave up on him and went to a new one, who was happy for me to ride. that advice wouldn't apply while you're still fighting the cellulitis though, i'm pretty sure! rest and elevation..

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:08 pm

Don't forget to get yourself some of THESE before your next outing Gumby :D

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:12 am

Massive improvement overnight. The APAC nurse wanted to bring forward the review and possibly make the last IV tomorrow morning. I've pushed back and said Friday but we'll see how things progress today.

An ice pack for 30 minutes before lights out last night might have helped.

I'm feeling a lot more positive today.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:29 am

Chin up Gumby :) Glad you are feeling better about everything today - sounds like the right treatment is happening. I'd push for Friday too - you don't want another flare up and start the Iv again.

Ice is good 8) Heal well.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:54 am

Mulger bill wrote:Don't forget to get yourself some of THESE before your next outing Gumby :D

Shaun
I'm fairly sure this model is more appropriate :D

Hang in there TG
Anything you can do, I can do slower

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:13 pm

find_bruce wrote:
Mulger bill wrote:Don't forget to get yourself some of THESE before your next outing Gumby :D

Shaun

Hang in there TG
Naaah, clashes with his riding style :wink:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:11 pm

Mulger bill wrote:
find_bruce wrote:

Shaun

Hang in there TG
Naaah, clashes with his riding style :wink:
Actually, they look quite promising for the commute! ;)