The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
- Posts: 944
- Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:30 pm
- Location: Eltham, Melbourne
I saw a doctor and received betadine, a big bandaid strip thing and a light compression bandage to hold it on.
After 36 hours the bandage and plaster are off and the skin is dry, compressed and taut.
Is there anything I can do to help the skin heal and stay moisturised?
2015 Merida Scultura 5000
- Posts: 885
- Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:43 pm
- Location: Watching the ships on the Southern Ocean
I should add that coconut oil has completely cleared up my chamois rash that I suffered with for decades.
http://www.naturalnews.com/036156_Cocon ... aling.html
- Posts: 161
- Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:15 pm
- Location: Sydney
- Posts: 9421
- Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:08 pm
- Location: Brisbane, Queensland
nezumi wrote:After having my first off while commuting yesterday morning, I managed to get 4 decent puncture wounds in the palm of my hand.
One reason hy I wear cycling mitts - for protection in case of a fall.
- Posts: 10222
- Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:14 pm
- Location: deep in the pain cave
after a while you learn that the skin grows back. unless it doesn't, but that's for another thread.
the best part is that eventually the skin you're tearing off is scarred from previous falls, so it's like breaking even!
- Posts: 380
- Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:37 pm
It just keeps a dry area moist. Which I think the parafin gauze and coconut oil also do, among other things.
Pharmacy, or Woolies/Coles aisle.
- Posts: 714
- Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:26 pm
- Location: Manly, Sydney
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Cell Bikes
- Malvern Star
- Santa Cruz
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.