I ate McDonalds

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
ldrcycles

Re: I ate McDonalds

Postby ldrcycles » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:12 pm

And you forgot the best bit, it's SOO CHEAP!! :) .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

anttismo

Postby anttismo » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:00 am

ldrcycles wrote:And you forgot the best bit, it's SOO CHEAP!! :) .
You mean oats, right?

The fancy stuff can be $5 or perhaps even $10 per kg. I reckon there *is* some taste difference, but I'm happy enough with the woollies no name stuff, about $1.20 these days for 750g. In other words, I can quite happy fulfil 25% of my huge daily calorie consumption for about 30 or 40c a day! That's ridiculous :lol:

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:57 pm

Yea i was referring to oats, i have the woolies home brand stuff for breakfast on non riding days (weet bix before a ride as i find that sits better), excellent stuff for the budget :) . Home brand weet bix are nearly as good cost wise.
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:38 pm

From a nutritional viewpoint what the difference between Starch and Sugar? When I use to eat cereal I use to eat weatbix or oats cos of the low sugar
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:52 am

mikesbytes wrote:From a nutritional viewpoint what the difference between Starch and Sugar? When I use to eat cereal I use to eat weatbix or oats cos of the low sugar
Sugar is basically 100% carbohydrate and absorbed quite quicky so you could be hungry sooner. Starch takes longer to digest, usually has some fibre and micronutrients. For example, oats have 17g dietary fiber per 156g, 26g of protein and, calcium and iron. There's a list of vitamins and minerals in oats that is too long to type here.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cer ... sta/5708/2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
<removed by request>