Next bike help

James028

Next bike help

Postby James028 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:22 am

Hi All,

I need a bit of help with my next bike. looking at a Trek Fuel 8 or Orbea Occam TR H10. I have about $6000, to spend.Any feedback or suggestions on a bike will be a great help to me. Thanks in advance.

Mububban

Re: Next bike help

Postby Mububban » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:54 pm

James028 wrote:Hi All,

I need a bit of help with my next bike. looking at a Trek Fuel 8 or Orbea Occam TR H10. I have about $6000, to spend.Any feedback or suggestions on a bike will be a great help to me. Thanks in advance.

$6000 is a pretty good budget. Are you after opinions on just those 2 bikes, or anything in your price range?
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

bychosis

Re: Next bike help

Postby bychosis » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:36 pm

What sort of riding? I assume trail biased. There are plenty to choose from. Your budget is very healthy too.

I recently (dec) upgraded my mtb, but with a smaller budget, and looked at several. In the end they were much the same and it came down to which one looked good, felt the right size and fitted my budget, from a brand with LBS support. I ruled out GT due to aesthetics, Giant due to an irrational brand dislike, Cannondale 'just because'. I ended up with close race between Stumpjumper and a Remedy. A previous year model Remedy won out because it stretched the budget the furthest and was almost identical to new year stock anyway.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.