Loftus Fire Trails

tinhorn

Loftus Fire Trails

Postby tinhorn » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:54 pm

Did the Loftus Oval Fire trail (North West of audley in the RNP) on Monday and i have to say it was fantastic. Just a little over 20km it had 3 creek crossings, two of which were of the same creek just at a different point and the other was 'temptation creek'.

Only a few hundred meters of singletrack there but its nice and tight - defiantly going to make this a regular.

Anybody else done it?

http://img15.imageshack.us/i/dsc00114pkd.jpg/
http://img141.imageshack.us/i/dsc00111dji.jpg/

grw

Re: Loftus Fire Trails

Postby grw » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:28 pm

Yes, I'm there 3 or 4 times a week - a great blast to blow the cobwebs away, especially the climb after Temptation Creek!
Which is the single track you're referring to? I love the stretch up to Farnell Ave after you've crossed the railway line.
g

tinhorn

Postby tinhorn » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:55 pm

I dont know the street names but yes between the rail line and i think its called the "grand ?????" it passes a building with a carpark. Im wondering if you can join the loftus trails and lady carrington drive together? without going onto a road? as id like to make it longer without being on tarmac or doing loops.

grw

Postby grw » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:39 pm

Don't know, I reckon you could cross the Princes Highway to the Mirang Fire Trail the otehr side of Heathcote to make it a fairly good ride towards Woronora Dam - thats a good downhill, followed by a fairly steady long uphill. Unfortunately I guess it'd be a there and back again route. To make it a circular route would be good, although I don't know how you could do that and end up back at Loftus.
g