Cockburn, WA. mtb trails.

Mountainbiking central

Cockburn, WA. mtb trails.

Postby timtam » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:49 pm

So who rides the trails in Manning reserve? Recently discovered some nice single track through the reserve, but it needs some work.
What's the chances of the council allowing some trail improvements? This could be a wonderful community bike park with a bit of work. Has anyone got some advice about how to go about bridging this topic with the council, how to get funding etc...? I should probably ask WAMBA... It would has been great to ride some single track close to home instead of making the trek all the way to Kalamunda/Jarrahdale, but the trails do need to be stabilised and possibly defined a little better. Imagine an official trail network right in our back yard...
timtam

by BNA » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:54 pm

BNA

Re: Cockburn, WA. mtb trails.

Postby AndyyK » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:54 pm

Just picked up a 2nd hand trail bike so need to find some decent trails around cockburn. Let me know when you're next heading that way, wouldn't mind giving Manning reserve a try.

Hopefully heading out to do Carinyah Trail in a week or two. Haven't tried any trails in Perth, venturing out from my usual road/psp rides.
AndyyK

Postby Cav » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:47 pm

Hey timtam, is the manning reserve you are talking about also called manning park (off davilak ave)?

Wouldn't mind heading out there to have a look
Cav

Postby Shifter » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:05 pm

AndyyK wrote:Hopefully heading out to do Carinyah Trail in a week or two.

How's it looking out there atm? Last time I was through there was a section of trail that had been torn up by motor bikes.
2012 Giant Trance X0
2011 GT Zaskar Carbon
2010 Malvern Star Oppy A4
Shifter

Return to MTB