Post Your Ride

vortex1018

Re: Post Your Ride

Postby vortex1018 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:09 pm

My bike: Apollo Xpert 29s

poohkies

Postby poohkies » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:21 am

well i've done nearly a 100km's on it since getting it on Saturday Arvo, not really a good bike for commuting but I like ridingit!

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:22 pm

The new race bike:

11 kg :D

antipodean

Postby antipodean » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:03 pm

trailgumby wrote:The new race bike:

The Lefty fork just looks plain wrong.
Great bike no doubt.

Duck!
Expert

Postby Duck! » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:32 pm

My toy:

Very custom spec. 2012 Anthem X1 26er frame, Shimano Deore XT wheelset & M666 SLX IceTech brakes, 2011 Shimano SLX 3x10 crank & derailleurs, 2013 XT I-spec shifters & Rock Shox Reba fork, and a rather assorted finishing kit thanks to another forum.

Ranges between 11.4 & 11.6kg, depending on which tyres are on.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:48 pm

trailgumby wrote:The new race bike:

Don't worry, it'll get lighter soon once things start cracking and falling off :P
Looks pretty sweet.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:30 pm

antipodean wrote:The Lefty fork just looks plain wrong.
Great bike no doubt.
Yeh, been riding Leftys for a few years. I continue to get funny looks and questions.
The all-time best was from a newby riding buddy a couple of years ago, who initially hadn't noticed anything unusual about my equipment.

Then I was a bit slow/late coming through one of the trickier technical trail sections. When I finally turned up, he looked at me closely, and said,
"Duuuuude! What happened to your fork?! :shock: "

:lol:

The new bike goes up hills like it has a motor in the BB. Love how it rides so far. Might see if I can pick up a Reynolds wheelset cheap in a couple of months for racing, and a Carbon seatpost. That should get me into the mid-tens. :mrgreen:

mick_copetti

Postby mick_copetti » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Duck! wrote:My toy:

Very custom spec. 2012 Anthem X1 26er frame, Shimano Deore XT wheelset & M666 SLX IceTech brakes, 2011 Shimano SLX 3x10 crank & derailleurs, 2013 XT I-spec shifters & Rock Shox Reba fork, and a rather assorted finishing kit thanks to another forum.

Duck!
Expert

Postby Duck! » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:46 pm

mick_copetti wrote:
Duck! wrote:My toy:

It's something of a "grandpa's axe" kind of bike :lol: It was originally a 2008 Anthem 2, but various components got upgraded over time. Then I discovered cracks in the frame, resulting a replacement under warranty, hence some parts being older than the frame! I have three different sets of tyres that I use, depending on trail conditions, and there is literally a 100g difference per tyre between them!

PommieYeti

Postby PommieYeti » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:08 pm

Here is my "WAS DAILY RIDE" now basking in the sun daily on the balcony being unloved

I am not sure what year and i think its been repainted at some stage, I have had it about 5/6 years ( paid about $300nz for it and never done or spent a penny on it ...tell a lie i put that big whacking great seat on it as the other one was splitting me in half)and I have never been down a hill on it :oops: i used it in NZ for pedaling the 5ks to work each day and it felt like 50ks on the road with them tractor style tyres on it. them brought it over here and used in on my daily commute until i got my hybrid roady

anyone know what year this would be and maybe what its worth as if i sell it it will go towards the new ish roady

anyway happy riding

PommieYeti
My Wifes blog http://kiristraveltales.wordpress.com/2 ... a-new-car/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Duck!
Expert

Postby Duck! » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:43 am

I'll have a dig through the really old Giant catalogues I've got at work on Monday & see if I can pick it out, but I'd say really roughly that it'd be late '90s vintage for starters. To be honest, it's not going to be worth all that much because bike tech has come such a long way since then. Although if you put feelers out in the right places, you might attract the interest of a retro-nut somewhere who might think it's worth a bit.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:28 pm

That thing is built to survive a nuclear holocaust. :lol: Would be worth a bit then, I'd imagine. ;)

Are the Giant stickers original? Looks like it's in decent condition for usage and age.

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:48 pm

petie

Postby petie » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:31 am

PommieYeti wrote:Here is my "WAS DAILY RIDE" now basking in the sun daily on the balcony being unloved

I am not sure what year and i think its been repainted at some stage, I have had it about 5/6 years ( paid about $300nz for it and never done or spent a penny on it ...tell a lie i put that big whacking great seat on it as the other one was splitting me in half)and I have never been down a hill on it :oops: i used it in NZ for pedaling the 5ks to work each day and it felt like 50ks on the road with them tractor style tyres on it. them brought it over here and used in on my daily commute until i got my hybrid roady

anyone know what year this would be and maybe what its worth as if i sell it it will go towards the new ish roady

anyway happy riding

PommieYeti
Holy smokes batman, that is all kinds of awesome!!! I'll give you a fiver and this rusty paperclip for it?

enigmatic

Postby enigmatic » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:22 pm

Hey all!

I was thinking about buying a drop bar roady, but as I already have a flat bar, I decided to buy a mountain bike to try it out! Here it is :D I am loving it so far, only done 2 trips but soooo much fun! :D

DSC_1382 by enigma--, on Flickr
The destination is but an excuse for the journey!

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Touché. drop bar roadies are too much like business, MTB is for recreation. Enjoy.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

landscapecadmonkey

Postby landscapecadmonkey » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:44 pm

Just picked up a new Anthem 1 today, and took it straight out to Gap Creek. My first experience of single track and still grinning :D
chop wood

silentbutdeadly

Postby silentbutdeadly » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:00 pm

PommieYeti wrote:

It's an ATX or DH Team frame from around 1999/2000 but it's probably been resprayed and that's not got the original fork or wheels and certainly not OE brakes because the fronts look like cable discs!!

It's worth not much more than curiosity value without all the trick bits...but it's still wasted on your balcony. Try the lads at Rotorburn for what you paid for it and see if anyone will bite.
Ours is not to reason why...merely to point and giggle

juggs

Postby juggs » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:09 pm

picked this up today giant xtc 2

PommieYeti

Postby PommieYeti » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:09 pm

silentbutdeadly wrote:
PommieYeti wrote:

It's an ATX or DH Team frame from around 1999/2000 but it's probably been resprayed and that's not got the original fork or wheels and certainly not OE brakes because the fronts look like cable discs!!

It's worth not much more than curiosity value without all the trick bits...but it's still wasted on your balcony. Try the lads at Rotorburn for what you paid for it and see if anyone will bite.
Thanks for that
Like you say its wasted on the balcony, I might just have to get round to seeing if there is any interest in it on that forum?
just googled what you model you said it could be, it looked to be a nice looking bike in its original paint scheme, yeah the brakes are all cable and the front shocks are not like the ones on all the pics someone might be interested in turning it back to original

Cheers

PommieYeti
My Wifes blog http://kiristraveltales.wordpress.com/2 ... a-new-car/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cray-

Postby cray- » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:36 am

That Giant looks badass, wish I had the spare coin & garage space to take it off your hands.

Steve F

Postby Steve F » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:39 am

Lots of cool looking bikes in here, mines a little more retro ('89) and is in the process of a full rebuild, almost done so I thought I'd put a pic in here :)

It's an Australian made Ricardo Bushbike and although it lacks the suspension and things you find on a modern bike at least it's fairily light. No real plans to use it in the bush but more as a shopping and pub bike.

Cheers
Steve

pentlandexile

Postby pentlandexile » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:58 pm

Here's mine in its latest guise. Soon to move to a rigid steel fork amd hopefully XT brakes.

image by benatherton71, on Flickr
Long day's journey into alt-bars

TheBlizzard

Postby TheBlizzard » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:03 pm

Look up "Bikes from the Bunch" on Facebook. You can get a good dose of awesome road bikes every day and sometimes MTB as well.

Arreis

Postby Arreis » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:57 pm

My new ride. I bought it mostly for the commute to work. (there's a few sneaky offroad shortcuts) If i can find the time i might take it to some trails as well :)