Post Your Ride

trickle

Re: Post Your Ride

Postby trickle » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:17 pm

The roadie (and track bike) get me faster for the rare days I ride or race dirt!

I sometimes put a 1 meter long horizontal flag on the road bike for super commuting, I have some great footage from my helmet cameras to post up!

ZepinAtor

Postby ZepinAtor » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:41 pm

trickle wrote:The roadie (and track bike) get me faster for the rare days I ride or race dirt!

I sometimes put a 1 meter long horizontal flag on the road bike for super commuting, I have some great footage from my helmet cameras to post up!
With that roadie machine why did they bother putting spokes in those wheels at all ? Just a little more carbon & you could have a pair of disc wheels :roll:

Gas propulsion.......it's natural don't fight it.

trickle

Postby trickle » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:46 pm

Sounds like carbon envy to me :P

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:06 pm

Sorry, I can't read what's on the side of those rims - is it Rapide or (looks more likely) ... Vapide? :wink:

ZepinAtor

Postby ZepinAtor » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:09 pm

trailgumby wrote:Sorry, I can't read what's on the side of those rims - is it Rapide or (looks more likely) ... Vapide? :wink:
I think it says tool.
Gas propulsion.......it's natural don't fight it.

Wanta-bike

Postby Wanta-bike » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:12 pm

here's me current line up of bikes....

Scott Scale 15:

Scott Spark 10:

Scott Addict R3:

GT Commuter:

Redline 24" Cruiser BMX:

hope u guys like....

cheers

jon :)

tim on skin

Postby tim on skin » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:25 am

Worked out how to post pic's so

My Main Ride
Commencal Skin1 2010
cool 8)
Sub 10KG too
No Pain No Game Man
HTFU

dfc.

Postby dfc. » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:50 pm

My Malvern Star Cobra, 2006 Vintage. It may be pretty basic but it has done a fair bit of MTB and did 700km on paths last year. Really happy with it!
Visit my website https://sites.google.com/site/dfccyclesandautomotive/Owner of:

2006 Malvern Star Cobra (Mountain Bike)

2011 Trek 7.3FX (Flat Bar Road Bike) Just delivered!

jimmy87

Postby jimmy87 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:32 pm

Always wanted a Scott spark might be able to get one one day!!!

drubie

Postby drubie » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:37 am

Norco Mocha - old clearcoat was hazy/flaking and the decals were stuffed. Now finished with a Manitou Axel Super fork in place of the rubbish RST Omni that I ran for a week while the Manitou was getting serviced:

Just about to take it for a ride in the mud!
So we get the leaders we deserve and we elect, we get the companies and the products that we ask for, right? And we have to ask for different things. – Paul Gilding
but really, that's rubbish. We get none of it because the choices are illusory.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:28 pm

8) Looks made for it.

You might wanna level that saddle a tad lest the first loose steep leads to a little alien probing...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

bosvit

Postby bosvit » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Mulger bill wrote:You might wanna level that saddle a tad lest the first loose steep leads to a little alien probing...
Ha ha was thinking exactly the same thing, oh it brings a tear to the eye.

How are those Star wheels Drubie? Thinking of getting some for my povo Trek 4100 I am using as my commuter at the moment. Just cant justify expensive rims on such and old dunga but don't want too good a bike on job sites coz bikes are popular knock offs here in Port Lincoln.

drubie

Postby drubie » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:57 pm

bosvit wrote:
Mulger bill wrote:You might wanna level that saddle a tad lest the first loose steep leads to a little alien probing...
Ha ha was thinking exactly the same thing, oh it brings a tear to the eye.

How are those Star wheels Drubie?.
Hah - it is aimed a little high for comfort. Just as a data point, that's how much higher the Manitou forks are compared to the RST forks. Saddle now levelled peeps.
(and yes Mulger Bill, it looks scarily factory with the silver paint against the polished alloy with the black highlights. That fork really opened my eyes to what a fork should be like compared to the last two experiences of suspension).

The stars wheels...

They are good. No, seriously! I put a heavy, grinding effort into them on Wednesday through some washouts, a few rocks and tree roots, berms, bumps and climbing etc. and for anything that isn't dropping yourself off a cliff they are fine. I'm around 85kg at the moment and despite the lack of spokes they show no signs of moving out of true. I kinda expected a major fail because they are so cheap, but they're no worse than any entry level "name" wheel on a bike shop bike and considerably better in some regards. I'm usually not a fan of wheels where the design dictates rigidity in the rim rather than the spokes/build but they've been a great relief in what was a real gamble given the lack of info on them.

On the downside, the general web consensus on the Quando hubs is that they may not be good for the long haul due to spares availability, but for $120 or whatever they are at the moment (and especially considering the flexibility of rim and disk brake options) they seriously rock.
So we get the leaders we deserve and we elect, we get the companies and the products that we ask for, right? And we have to ask for different things. – Paul Gilding

bosvit

Postby bosvit » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:33 am

Thanks Drubie

That makes the decision for me. I wanted the flexibility to use rim brakes until I can afford some povo disks. It's just a work bike and my bike spend is at MMA at the moment so piece by piece purchases are the order of the day!

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:13 am

Just picked up a Trek 6000 from a neighbour's garage cleanout for $10. Almost snagged it with pannier racks and computer, but his missus got in first. :x :lol:

Rear derailleur and hanger were both showing the results of a nasty losing encounter with a big rock, but 90 minutes work washing it down, straightening rear DR cage and hanger, adjusting front derailleur and giving it the once-over with the spoke key and some air, I have a servicable dunger bike to ride to the local shop. Deore shifters and front DR, LX rear DR and - I was pleasantly surprised - 9-speed rear cluster. All I needed to add was Exustar flat pedals that I had lying around.

Deliberately left mucky grease on chain and cluster. The V-brakes remind me why I prefer discs, and the bike is ugly, but that's kinda the purpose - unattractive to thieves, and unlikely to result in them following me home.

drubie

Postby drubie » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:59 pm

trailgumby wrote: Deliberately left mucky grease on chain and cluster. The V-brakes remind me why I prefer discs, and the bike is ugly, but that's kinda the purpose - unattractive to thieves, and unlikely to result in them following me home.
I wouldn't be too sure about that, a Trek MTB around here would be a big target regardless of age. Old roadies on the other hand are invisible to thieves.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:16 pm

Oh. :(

HighFi

Postby HighFi » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:30 pm

drubie wrote:
trailgumby wrote: Deliberately left mucky grease on chain and cluster. The V-brakes remind me why I prefer discs, and the bike is ugly, but that's kinda the purpose - unattractive to thieves, and unlikely to result in them following me home.
I wouldn't be too sure about that, a Trek MTB around here would be a big target regardless of age. Old roadies on the other hand are invisible to thieves.
Speaking of thieves...This is my new ride and at less than 2 months old my garage has been broken into and I lost the seat, seatpost and gear housing. Some seriously odd things to steal considering the replacement value, however finding the screws around meant someone actually had it in mind to steal what they did. they needed an Allen Key as well as a Philips head and cable cutters. Bastards!!!

IMG_0375 by prischl, on Flickr

Gabe

Postby Gabe » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:47 pm

I wouldn't worry too much, you might get an opportunistic thief eyeing it or be at risk if you chain it up in the same place at the same time every day, but no-one's gonna follow you home or stalk you over it. There are plenty of better targets, especially at unis. But it's an awesome buy, I can't belive you got that for $10! I use my old GT for commuting and I think that was about $600 with alivio groupset back in 04. I don't like the pad brakes anymore either, although if you true the wheels well and have good (i.e. not worn) cables they are quite reasonable for commuting, and I can lock up my wheels without that much effort

Vivifyer

Postby Vivifyer » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:05 pm

After just two rides, I managed to lose the front thru axle off the boot of my car :(
new one from LBS just arrived, just over $100 later :S
=======================
Flickr Stream
DArt Gallery

buster

Postby buster » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:14 pm

Awsome looking Anthem. Giant have nailed it with that colour scheme!!

I just put my Blur LTc up in the general discussion bike thread.

http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 21#p583021

Cisco

Postby Cisco » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:52 pm

Here's another Anthem =B)

So far, it's done 200km of mountain trails..

HighFi

Postby HighFi » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:00 pm

HighFi wrote:

Speaking of thieves...This is my new ride and at less than 2 months old my garage has been broken into and I lost the seat, seatpost and gear housing. Some seriously odd things to steal considering the replacement value, however finding the screws around meant someone actually had it in mind to steal what they did. they needed an Allen Key as well as a Philips head and cable cutters. Bastards!!!
I got my bike back after being away for a week. Ended up costing $300 for parts, a new post and saddle. Went out yesterday and today on the bush trail round the corner. Good times! :)

hitchhiker

Postby hitchhiker » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:11 pm

Here is one of mine

Merida Dura Carbon, mid '90s I believe

It's my current commuter, reasonably light, nimble and comfortable

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Cisco wrote:Here's another Anthem =B)

So far, it's done 200km of mountain trails..

Nice bike. I thought nearly every Anthem sold in Australia was at the Mont24hr this weekend. They were everywhere.