Brains of wet sand

Ken Ho

Brains of wet sand

Postby Ken Ho » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:19 pm

A nod to Apple.
The camera angle needs some work, but you can see how close the drop-off is at times. It's not much different to the cliff side clip, just has a bunch of trees lining it to make it look safer. It's not really.
RIding is conservative, as I was alone in a remote area with no spares or EPIRB, so safety was a priority. I did have some red cordial and some Mars bars though.
This track is rarely used, but did have a couple of dizen riders over it on the weekend due to a charity event being held there, so it was quite chopped up and verry slippery.
No apologies for the length, I had well over an hours footage to edit down, most of which was descent. Eddie is there to keep you amused though, live from their last gig in Brisbane in 2009.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snjHqSac ... X6Z7MTIl0=[/youtube]
You have officially become your parents.

trailgumby

Re: Brains of wet sand

Postby trailgumby » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:37 pm

Is tbat drop on tbe right as steep as it looks,,or is it the camera angle? :O

Ken Ho

Postby Ken Ho » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:22 am

It's that steep. It's a cliff drop in places, and a triple black diamond pitch pretty much everywhere else.
The trail is probably a metre or so in most places, but slopes down a little, with lots of rocks and roots. Best line is in the middle. If you try to avoid the edge, you wind up getting pitched down again at some point, and that ain't gonna end well.
In a couple of spots , there are large buttress roots that go right to the edge, s you have to ride around on the last inch of trail. I slowed down for those. It's not really smart to go alone, but I wanted to take my own sweet time. I got a lot of nice still shots as well. Had nice re-fresh in a little waterfall about half way up.
The elevation is about 800m, so it's a fair old climb. Got monstered by leeches on the first trip, but better prepared this week, and avoided them.
The total descent took about 40 mins. The clip ends about 2/3 the way down.
You have officially become your parents.

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Great looking track.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:05 pm

great footage Ken. wish i was there