Mt Annan (Sydney) - Getting in before 10

Mountainbiking central

Mt Annan (Sydney) - Getting in before 10

Postby Evetsllub » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:25 pm

Hey guys,

Want to head down to Mt Annan on Saturday, but beat the heat and get down early. I know the opening hours of the place are 10-5, but this was when there was an entry fee. I know there is now no entry fee, does this mean the gates are always left open and i can still get in?

They talk about "Friends of the Garden" having access at any time which seems like some sort of membership. Given i live in the city I'm not really interested in this. I just want to go for a ride before it gets hot.

Will I have any problems? Can I drive in and park, or will i need to park outside and ride in?

FWIW, only allowing mountain biking during the hottest time of the day in summer is just ridiculous!
Evetsllub

by BNA » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:02 pm

BNA

Re: Mt Annan (Sydney) - Getting in before 10

Postby mike95 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:02 pm

gates are locked outside 10am-5pm.

If you are "friends of the garden" you can park outside the grounds & ride in, but no night riding allowed.
If you don't have friends of the garden membership, its not recommended to ride in there outside of the 10-5 opening hours
as the rangers will more than likely stop you & ask to see your proof of membership.

I rarely ride Annan during the summer because of the 10am-5pm rule.

Now that OMV in hornsby is open, it is a better option than Mt Annan for Early morning, late afternoon riding during the summer heat.
Better features & riding (AT) OMV also, just the track is a bit short in its current stage of development, but you just do more laps.
mike95

Return to MTB