Deuter Race EXP Air bladder

Mountainbiking central

Deuter Race EXP Air bladder

Postby swaz » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:24 am

I have a Deuter Race EXP Air backpack and I would like to add a bladder to it rather than buy another backpack. I intend to be an occasional MTBer and I find the Deuter pack to be very comfy. HOWEVER! What bladder can/should I get? Something easy to clean given it might sit for 2-4 weeks without being used.
swaz

by BNA » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:31 pm

BNA

Re: Deuter Race EXP Air bladder

Postby m@ » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:31 pm

I quite like the Source brand bladders; the wide 'zip' style opening is good for cleaning and some models have a quick-release tube that should help with cleaning the tube.

The mouthpieces don't tend to last as long as the Camelback version and are trickier to clean though; not sure if they're interchangeable.

Can't comment on compatibility/size for the Deuter Race pack, though my Camelback bladder only works with the pack it's designed for whereas my 3L Source bladder fits every backpack I've owned that has a sleeve and output for a hydration bladder.

Overall I reckon you're better off avoiding too much cleaning by rinsing and drying immediately after use, then storing in the freezer.
There are four phases of bicycle commuting; first there's fear, then rage, then self-righteousness and finally, fun.
-Yehuda Moon
m@
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby swaz » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:20 pm

Perfect! They are only $30 on torpedo7 at the moment http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/58H ... -blue-2-0l
swaz

Postby alf » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:09 pm

m@ wrote:Can't comment on compatibility/size for the Deuter Race pack

They fit perfectly in it. They are also re-branded and sold by Kathmandu, worth while when they have a sale on.
alf

Postby swaz » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:45 pm

alf wrote:
m@ wrote:Can't comment on compatibility/size for the Deuter Race pack

They fit perfectly in it. They are also re-branded and sold by Kathmandu, worth while when they have a sale on.

Thanks Alf. They actually look very similar to the deuter ones! For $30 they are pretty good value.
swaz

Return to MTB