BNA Mont 24 team

Mountainbiking central

Re: BNA Mont 24 team

Postby m@ » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:40 am

Yeah, reckon the showers are going to get a flogging! :lol:

I'm running a well-used Racing Ralph on the rear... Half tempted to swap the front Nobby Nick to the back and throw a Hans Dampf on the front... but no tiiiiime! :shock:
harmonix1234 wrote:Forecast for Hobart next week is rain, sleet, ice and all kinds of hell.
HTFU harmonix.
m@
Super Mod
Super Mod

by BNA » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:09 pm

BNA

Postby leximack » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:09 pm

im going with the lazy man option and going for the "run what ya brung" option.
ie what is on the bike now is what im using :lol: :lol: :lol:
leximack

Postby m@ » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:37 pm

To keep this thread vaguely on-topic I've split posts about the cancellation/reschedule here.

So, a little over a month out now - how's everyone's preparation going? I've been getting a couple of decent rides a week - shop CX/XC ride along the Yarra singletrack each Tuesday, and a road or trail grind on Saturdays. Commuting on the singlespeed a few times a week. Have the Kowalski Classic this Sunday will be a decent test of my fitness, and good way to get reacquainted with the Kowen trails :D
harmonix1234 wrote:Forecast for Hobart next week is rain, sleet, ice and all kinds of hell.
HTFU harmonix.
m@
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby zero » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:57 pm

m@ wrote:To keep this thread vaguely on-topic I've split posts about the cancellation/reschedule here.

So, a little over a month out now - how's everyone's preparation going? I've been getting a couple of decent rides a week - shop CX/XC ride along the Yarra singletrack each Tuesday, and a road or trail grind on Saturdays. Commuting on the singlespeed a few times a week. Have the Kowalski Classic this Sunday will be a decent test of my fitness, and good way to get reacquainted with the Kowen trails :D

Good for me - 4kgs lost, reasonably quick at the 3 ring circus. Due to the course changes elites took 13 minutes more this year than when I first tried it in 2010, and I took 15 minutes more and finished higher up the standings. ie in relative terms I've actually closed that yawning gap a little.

I also think I was waaaay too conservatively pacing myself as I passed a lot of (too many) riders in the last 10kms, and I was so much quicker at the end that only one of them managed to even grab my wheel and I towed him for 5km and that didn't save him enough energy to even get alongside me at the line - so he was obviously redlined holding my wheel. Also no cramps, enjoyed the single track parts a lot and climbing was more comfortable than past years. Having to ride to, and then jump, over and over again at volleyball training seems to be the root cause of weight loss/strength gain though I'm also riding a tall geared bike around too. Cycling on the other hand, does absolutely nothing for jumping!

I'll get a lot of riding done in the next month since volleyball is mostly done, including some dirt, so I should have a lot of fun at the Mont, and the Mont should see me fully prepared for the Highland fling the weekend after. Quite enthusiastic about those 2 weekends!
zero

Previous

Return to MTB