Hard Rubbish Finds!

mbikeboy

Hard Rubbish Finds!

Postby mbikeboy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:24 pm

I've seen this thread in a few other sections and thought I'd start one in here...who's found some hidden treasures and what are they? :)

mbikeboy

Re: Hard Rubbish Finds!

Postby mbikeboy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:12 pm

I've found a few bikes out in the hard-rubbish collection over the past week and simply couldn't help myself! Not a bad effort considering these were all within a few 5klm from home and I wasn't really trying...I also picked up several sets of wheels, and some bits n bobs along the way. Having moved from the country a few months ago, the city is like a smorgasbord for awesome random finds! :P

There was this Apollo Himalaya frame with Suntour XCM forks which needed a good sand back and repaint (it was badly sprayed all-over in black and have got it back to looking like this and ready for clear-coat). The forks also needed a complete rebuild. Stupidly I didn't take any "before" pics, but this will be a 26'er project for myself to keep:

I stumbled upon this womens GT Aggressor with the correct front wheel in the pile also (not shown)...I'm reconditioning this for my girlfriend atm and it's looking amazing already!

My girlfriend found this Malvern Star pushy and instinctively brought it home the other night "even just for parts" as she put it (points for her awesomeness no?? :P ), so we're going to recondition it together for her best mate to get around on:

I also found this Shogun Trail Breaker while dropping her off to work this morning, so am going to help a family member tidy it up and use for himself. I was pretty chuffed with this find for some reason...it's very cool mid-90's (back when I bought my first awesome bike lol!).

mbikeboy

Postby mbikeboy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:37 am

I've been on a bit of a roll, and in the past two days I've found these as well... yikes!!

A Shogun Metro GS

A Diamondback Wildwood (it had one wheel not shown)

An Aleoca XT frame and back end (someone had cut the cables and taken the front end by the time I found it).

A Diamondback BMX

An old Roadmaster

And a whole heap of random rims and tyres

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:01 pm

Plenty to look at, but probably low-spec stuff. I've become somewhat more discerning lately and only collect the better stuff. While ever scrap prices are down there is plenty to find, unlike a few years ago when anything put out was collected in minutes and scrapped.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.