bar hight

lucimate

bar hight

Postby lucimate » Wed May 31, 2017 7:42 pm

Hey all, new here.

i just built a bike and hopping on it i feal like my bars are to low ( about 20mm bellow seat hight) got 30mm riser bars on a 50mm direct stem and 20mm of spacers, will i need to change out stem, bars or both? for higher ones. if so any recomendations, on high bars and stem?

mtb1011

Re: bar hight

Postby mtb1011 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:09 pm

depends on what sort of rider you are. if more All Mountain then you don't want to be too aero on the bike as that aren't ideal for descending. more xc, well you want to be in a more aggressive position and not sitting back on the rear wheel.

overall you need to ride it and see if you're mid bike, position wise, that will give you the best cornering and climbing, (weight is distributed on both wheels evenly), if you're experienced descending is fine, if not then you'd want zero drop.

can you flip stem.? as I said take it for a good ride and do bike fit as your riding.

Duck!
Expert

Postby Duck! » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:59 pm

If you go too high you won't have enough weight over the front wheel, which will affect climbing and cornering; it will tend to want to pop wheelies on the climbs, and generally feel vague & wandery and lack cornering confidence.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:12 pm

The correct spelling is "height".