SRAM X01HD groupset

shortleg

SRAM X01HD groupset

Postby shortleg » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:48 pm

Hi all. I have a SRAM X01DH groupset, but I sold the crankset and now I regret selling because I want to put it in my Anthem. Do you guys know what's the other alternative sram crankset model I can use that's compatible with the cassettes and rear derailleur. I was looking at XX1 (not eagle) and hoping it's compatible. Any suggestions.

This is the crankset I need to replace.
https://www.pushys.com.au/sram-x01-gxp8 ... tIQAvD_BwE

Cheers.
Currently riding
Scott Spark 730, Specialized Rock hopper and
Cafe racer

Duck!
Expert

Re: SRAM X01HD groupset

Postby Duck! » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:40 am

Pretty much anything as long as you get the GXP version and not the BB30 option.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

shortleg

Postby shortleg » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:08 pm

Thanks @duck!
I think that's answers my question. However, I just found out that I need to change my hub from 9 speed to 11 speed XD freehub. Now, is this worth doing. I've been reading up and most people says they have to replace the wheel. I'm just wondering if there's a way I can convert the drive from 9 speed to 11 speed XD freehub.

Thanks
Currently riding
Scott Spark 730, Specialized Rock hopper and
Cafe racer

Duck!
Expert

Postby Duck! » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:08 am

Depends if you really need the 10T top gear. SRAM NX and all levels of Shimano MTB 11-sp. cassettes - which as always are interchangeable with SRAM - that have the 11T top gear don't need the freewheel body changed. There are exceptions, but most hubs will have a XD driver option that can be interchanged with the normal freewheel body, so a whole wheel replacement is not always necessary.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.