ShockWiz Anyone?

ValleyForge

ShockWiz Anyone?

Postby ValleyForge » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:07 pm

Given I now have three dualies in the garage across our family, and three people with very different riding styles, I'm thinking about a ShockWiz.

I need another gadget like (n+1), having just bought a compressor, but I do wonder about being a bit more scientific about the "dark art". Anyone familiar with it?
Ha ha ha! Cookies on dowels.

RichB

Re: ShockWiz Anyone?

Postby RichB » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:13 am

Just installed one on the forks yesterday, early days, but it's interesting.

I've made the mistake of looking at the results just scooting around nearby, but really it should only be used on the trail you ride and give feedback on that suspension response, otherwise the suggestions your implement will be garbage.

Also, there's a few tips & tricks in the thread below incl ensuring air pressure is in the ballpark or else the confidence level will never get over 49%

http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspensio ... 25434.html

PS Direct mount have been known to snap off, and Pushys have 10% off now and then which make it affordable.

mikgit

Postby mikgit » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:04 pm

haven't used one, but I know some bikes shops around my area have them for rent...
Fat Chance Yo Eddy 2.2, Intense Sniper XC Pro, Look 675, Cervelo R3, GT Xizang, GT Zaskar, Yeti ARC, DiamondBack Apex

ValleyForge

Postby ValleyForge » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:28 am

Well, bought one from Pushys (needed the Direct Mount) as we now have 4 duallies.

Bloody thing doesn't work. When it boots up, the measured pressure is -770psi and nothing I do will bring it back to 0psi.

Noting I can find on the interwebs about it, so waiting for SRAM support. Yawn.

ValleyForge

Postby ValleyForge » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:10 pm

Still waiting for SRAM support.

Rang Pushy's (the retailer) - amazing work. I could hear him calling around the office going "anyone heard of a ShockWiz doing this...". Offered exchange straight away. I drove to Pushy's and happened to chance upon him in the car park! He went and swapped them for me!

Needless to say this one works perfectly. Riding tomorrow.

ValleyForge

Postby ValleyForge » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:12 pm

RichB wrote:PS Direct mount have been known to snap off...
Yeah - I needed to buy a direct-mount for one of our family bikes. Has all the connectors, but with the RS1 fork there is no other way....