Full finger glove recommendations

Mububban

Full finger glove recommendations

Postby Mububban » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:12 pm

So I'm just getting into mountain biking here in WA. What full finger gloves do you recommend? Any specific features I should look for, or avoid?

Or do I just grab something cheap from Bunnings? :)
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

silentbutdeadly

Re: Full finger glove recommendations

Postby silentbutdeadly » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:25 am

Ground Effect High Fives work for me. Failing that...go to your local motorbike shop and try on a few motocross gloves (they are the same thing).

Work gloves rarely have the ventilation AND close fit AND flexibility required for riding gloves...
Ours is not to reason why...merely to point and giggle

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:41 pm

Bunnings gloves are surprisingly good! You just need to make sure they're thin enough for summer use and that they fit your hands properly.

I really, really like Fox Sidewinders. They're very popular amongst my riding buddies as well. They fit my hand shape really well and are light enough that I don't overheat. Grip on the controls is fantastic, even in wet weather. They'll protect your hand well in a crash ... but they're not suitable for lugging big rocks around while gardening (aka trail maintenance) - the mesh ventilation panels that make them so usable in hot weather will tear.

For my road bike I have a pair of Super Cheap Auto gloves. What attracted me to them was the wide strip of white 3M reflective material across the knuckles - just brilliant for making sure you're visible night when making turn or lane change signals. Apart from being bright red, a bit hotter and a bit loose around the wrist, they're almost as as good as the Sidewinders. I just tell my riding buddies SCA stands for something else. ;)

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:42 pm

+1 on FOX sidewinders.

Also run a pair of TLD GP gloves.

just wait till they go on on sale from like Pushys etc

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:35 am

Currently running a set of Royal racing gloves I got for $7. I have pretty much tried everything over the years. Normally get just over a year from a set of gloves no matter how much they cost.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:59 am

Okay, how about you tell me how cold it gets there? I use a pair of Aldi full finer gloves and they are fine to 3c. :wink: They also have the pad that activates the touch screen of ya phone and Garmin. :wink: Cost.............ummm I think they were $7.

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:12 pm

Love my Troy Lee Design XC gloves