Help with Enduro focused bike choice

TheReality

Help with Enduro focused bike choice

Postby TheReality » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:46 am

Hi Guys,
I am in the processes of getting new bikes. I am looking at an enduro focused bike now, though it will be used for general trail rides too (mostly with the gf so speed is no an issue). I am happy to sacrifice some up/flat performance for more fun coming down. My plan is to enter some comps next near, after some skills training.
This will be my second FS bike, the last being a 2015 Trek Fuel EX8 (Stolen :( . It was a great bike though I always found myself wanting a bit more out of it, I found myself mostly riding the hills in my area (Mt Joyce,SEQ). We have a house full of Treks, so I have been looking at the Slash and the Remedy but also looking at Canyon Strive CF 8.0 / AL 6.0, the only other one I have looked at is the YT Capra or Jeffsy.

My budget was originally 5k but given this value proposition of the Canyon Strive CF 8.0 I am currently leaning towards this one. My riding style has so far been pretty quick downhill, but rough and messy. My focus will be to improve skill and may even get some coaching, so I don’t want to buy I bike I may out grow in a year.

Things that are on my want list:
1x12 group set
27.5 wheels
Dropper post, pref 150mm

Would appreciate some advice on the mentioned bikes or bikes in should look at.

silentbutdeadly

Re: Help with Enduro focused bike choice

Postby silentbutdeadly » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:04 pm

That'd work but it's not the only one: Commencal Meta AM 4.2 is well worth a look. As are Rocky Mountain Altitude, Intense Spider etc...

Me though? Production Privee Shan No.5 thanks very much
Ours is not to reason why...merely to point and giggle

TheReality

Re: Help with Enduro focused bike choice

Postby TheReality » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:02 pm

Me though? Production Privee Shan No.5 thanks very much

Thanks, that's one nice looking bike. Ill check out the mentioned brands too.

I got my hands on a Trek Slash 9.7 2018 and absolutely loved it. Took it to MT Joyce here in SEQ, was really surprised how well it climbed. Plus it just hammered down hill. Probably the most fun ive had on a MTB.

So i am reassessing my 27.5 opinion, will try the 27.5 remedy next weekend and then the 29r Fuel Ex for good measure.

There is a lot to be said for being able to demo a bike, also reconsidering buying online because of this.