Comm Games MTB...

Marx

Comm Games MTB...

Postby Marx » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:04 am

Can anyone provide a link of the race? I missed it. Even highlights would do.

So yeah, Australia could only field one male & one female rider for the MTB XC races earlier today.
Would I be right in saying MTB XC was the only Comms Games event Australia only fielded one athlete of each gender in?
I suppose MTBing is not a big thing here in Australia...
-----------------------
A bike and a place to ride.

cancan64

Re: Comm Games MTB...

Postby cancan64 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:35 am

I struggled to find the results or information on the race in New Zealand, I guess having the 2 favorites didnt put it ahead of lawn bowls
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

Cardy George

Postby Cardy George » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:40 am

Marx wrote:Can anyone provide a link of the race? I missed it. Even highlights would do.

So yeah, Australia could only field one male & one female rider for the MTB XC races earlier today.
Would I be right in saying MTB XC was the only Comms Games event Australia only fielded one athlete of each gender in?
I suppose MTBing is not a big thing here in Australia...
I can't supply any links to either subject, but I did read in the current Aus MTB mag that MTBA had very little say in who was selected, as the Commonwealth Games committee only recognise one 'official' organisation from each sport for each country, and at the moment that's Cycling Australia who have very strict selection criteria which basically says if you don't have a chance of winning, we won't send you.

Brendo09

Postby Brendo09 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:41 am

Lawn Bowls has been everywhere!

But I also missed the MTB.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:59 am

I watched the race streaming from https://7plus.com.au/live-tv. That rocky section was mental.

There's also an App for the Games which might access highlight footage of past events but I don't have it on my phone
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

mikgit

Postby mikgit » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:10 pm

taped it...well most of the womens due to Seven saying the mtb was on one channel...but was actually on the other (in the EPG), grrr...
saw the end of the womens, which was good...but OMGosh the mens race! Wow that was just plain AMAZING.

I beleive we only had 1 man/women was due to 36 cycling spots and well... track events...cause yeah thats what most people do, ride track, but hey we can win medals so...TRACK!

On the topic of the Comm games, been seeing a lot of teams that have had fund raisers or paying their own way for athletes to get here, then there's us with 50 bazillion dollars of funding so we can win all the medals when none of the big countries compete, just seems kinda weird or hollow (nothing against the athletes, just the whole sort of feel of the games).
Was discussing with one guy how in Canada the Comm games isn't much of a thing, sort of a thing you do if it fit in your schedule but a lower priority than a world cup race.
Fat Chance Yo Eddy 2.2, Intense Sniper XC Pro, Look 675, Cervelo R3, GT Xizang, GT Zaskar, Yeti ARC, DiamondBack Apex

RonK

Postby RonK » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:29 pm

Apparently, the kiwis are not quite as good sportsmen as they would like to have us believe (or like to believe themselves)...

Gold medallist Sam Gaze apologises after accusing teammate Anton Cooper of poor sportsmanship

Kiwi mountainbiker Sam Gaze fined for flipping the bird at team-mate
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:21 pm

Yeah they didn’t look real chummy at the end of the race. Rubbings racing imo, especially when contesting for the single track entry.