Perth Five Ten MTB shoes stockist

twowheels

Perth Five Ten MTB shoes stockist

Postby twowheels » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:13 pm

I'm interested in the Five Ten MTB shoes, looking for a store that stocks them in Perth.

gsxrboy

Re: Perth Five Ten MTB shoes stockist

Postby gsxrboy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:55 am

I ended up just taking a chance with an online purchase, but there is a mtb shop up in Kalamunda that stock/sell them I believe. Slim pickings otherwise, from memory.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:11 am

I took a punt on online shopping as well. I didn't really want to pay full Aussie retail and don't think that trying on in store then buying online is the right thing to do either. Order is slow getting there, otherwise I might have some feedback on the fit to offer too.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:46 am

I bought a pair of Five-Ten Kestrel shoes last year online. I read the reviews and it said go a size higher than normal. I did that and they turned out fine. I had them for a week before doing just over 500kms in 5 days and they are great. Almost a year of use now and they are wearing fine. I normally do around 150-200kms a week in them.

twowheels

Postby twowheels » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:02 pm

Thx responses. I am hoping to find retail in Perth & buy from there. Shoes are one item I definitely want to try for size before buying. But don't want to try then buy online.
Kalamunda not convenient, hoping somewhere NoR.

Trevtassie

Postby Trevtassie » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:25 pm

What size do you take? I've got a pair of brand new Cyclones in US 10.5 sitting on a shelf somewhere...

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:56 pm

twowheels wrote:Thx responses. I am hoping to find retail in Perth & buy from there. Shoes are one item I definitely want to try for size before buying. But don't want to try then buy online.
Kalamunda not convenient, hoping somewhere NoR.
I'm the same. Shoes and pants are two things I've never bought online.

If I get to the stage of wanting some I'll just pop into Kalamunda Cycles next time I'm visiting the Camel Farm, I live NoR too but go here once or twice a month for the social rides
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:13 am

The shoes I bought were $285 in shops here and $85 online, I took the chance.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:42 pm

Kalamunda Cycles have more stock, Freerider Pros are $209. Only $20 more than online so I'm happy to shop local, especially for something as personal a fit as shoes.

Several online user reviews say that they ride 2-3 times a week and their shoes died within 9 months. I know flat pedals with metal pins will inevitably be harsh on rubber soles. Can anyone comment on Five Ten durability?

Realistically I’ll only be riding once or twice a month so they should last me a fair while at that rate.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:15 pm

I have done around 3000kms on my Fatbike on flats with Five Ten Maltese Falcons over the past 4 years.

The soles are pretty toast now but are they still super grippy.