Crocodile Trophy

Mountainbiking central

Crocodile Trophy

Postby cricetidae » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:06 pm

After watching edited highlights and reading about this race for the last week a question has arisen concerning the race in the future.

Correct me if I am wrong but with the UIC banning skins in MTB races and advising that padding is now required won't it make this race just unbearable in the heat?

I could be wrong about the changes but the thought is out there that if the changes are forced onto the race what will that do to competitors core temps?

Have I got the rule changes wrong?
Todd

Masi Nouva Strada '06
Scott Scale 50 '08
cricetidae

by BNA » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:36 am

BNA

Postby toolonglegs » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:36 am

UCI updates MTB regulations for 2009

The UCI Management Committee recently approved some new regulations governing next year's off-road racing.

World Cup riders will continue to require 20 UCI points in order to participate, except for those in the junior cross country races. Those same junior riders will compete as part of national teams and be required to wear national team clothing.

The rules clearly dictate details like who must attend the World Cup award ceremonies for each category, start orders and numbering for various disciplines and what kind of clothing gravity riders must wear during training and in competition. Specifically, the UCI has banned the wearing of skin suits for downhill and 4X racing and required a full face helmet to be worn not only in competition, but also in training.

The UCI is also soliciting team registrations, which much be received by February 1, 2009. Complete rosters must be finalized by February 15 for each registered team.

A full listing of 2009 season regulations will be published on the UCI website in December.
toolonglegs

Return to MTB