What do you wear under your jersey??

bunnybiker

What do you wear under your jersey??

Postby bunnybiker » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:20 am

I am presently wearing a light crop top with mesh type back under my jerseys, but I seem to get really hot with this fabric double up. Short of going with pasteys(not pasties!), has anyone found something light, cool and comfortable that allows modesty when you open up the zip a bit? I have the mixed blessing of not being well endowed , so support isn't a major factor.

Christine Tham

Re: What do you wear under your jersey??

Postby Christine Tham » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:34 am

bunnybiker wrote:I am presently wearing a light crop top with mesh type back under my jerseys, but I seem to get really hot with this fabric double up. Short of going with pasteys(not pasties!), has anyone found something light, cool and comfortable that allows modesty when you open up the zip a bit? I have the mixed blessing of not being well endowed , so support isn't a major factor.
i'm the exact opposite of well-endowed ...

but I wear a bra and jersey. I tend to zip the jersey up fairly high, not because I'm modest but I like to prevent sunburn. Not too hot, because the jersey material wicks the sweat and cools the body.
Weekdays: "Bliss" (Trek Madone 5.2 2012) | Weekends: "Cadel" (self built) | Casual: "Kitty" (Giant Cypress LDS 2009)

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:39 pm

I normally wear a sports bra... I suppose I'm not too concered about being modest... I have !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! and will use them to the best of my ability :roll:

In winter I may occasionally wear skins underneath, crop tops in autum are okay, I normally wear them over a sports bra for warmth more often than not.

I'd check out Team Estrogen... just google them, they seem to have EVERYTHING that a girl could want for swimming, running and cycling.

bunnybiker

Postby bunnybiker » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:09 pm

Ta Missy - will try looking them up

Max

Postby Max » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:30 pm

Sports bra here. I have the jersey zip undone approx 2-3 inches when it's hot, and that's fine for me. If I ever struggle with heat, the quickest remedy is to pour water through the airholes of my helmet. That cools me down quickly.

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

bunnybiker

Postby bunnybiker » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:39 pm

Max wrote:Sports bra here. I have the jersey zip undone approx 2-3 inches when it's hot, and that's fine for me. If I ever struggle with heat, the quickest remedy is to pour water through the airholes of my helmet. That cools me down quickly.

Max
I'll give that a go but it might seem a little odd in winter! (better check it's not the sports drink first)
I seem to generate a lot of body heat when I exerscise - I am a beetroot after a run , ride or dance I am relatively petite so I know it's not an excess weight issue. I just go hard!!

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:56 pm

I wear a sports crop (nike is the current preferred brand). I find these most comfortable due to the wide band at the bottom and not an underwire as they irritate me when riding for a while.

Sports bra if shortish ride with run following, but the Nike crops are able to be run in (I'm a b-c cup).

bunnybiker

Postby bunnybiker » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:03 am

Ta I'll look out tfor he Nike tops and see if they suit. :)

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:29 pm

I wore skins this morning... too ccccccold!

s-s-a

Postby s-s-a » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:19 pm

I have a couple of Kathmandu crop tops. Buy them on sale, otherwise they are something like $90 each. I bought a size too small so they are tight.

I will only buy Coolmax or similar fabrics not the cotton blend ones you can get at Rebel etc because those fabrics get soooo sweaty.

Steph

fleecedog

Postby fleecedog » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:16 pm

I must be the only one who goes braless! Mind you, I'm not very endowed, but I just feel uncomfy with a bra on especially when I wear those full zip up bib knicks. Throw a jersey over that and you can't see a thing.

Apple

Postby Apple » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:20 am

sports Bra
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

cinnyis

Postby cinnyis » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:47 am

I've always worn just a bra under my jersey, but the past few days have been freezing even with arm & leg warmers. I find that my chest and back are freezing.
Someone told me the Kathmandu thermals (made with Polypropylene) are a must for winter commuting. Have any of you ladies tried this? I would have thought you'd get really hot in these.
Dey see me rollin'
o__ ~~
_>/ _ ~~~
(_)\(_) ~~~~ Dey hatin'

Apple

Postby Apple » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:51 am

in winter I wear http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodCR_193685.html and cycle jersey over it. I find it doesn't get to hot. ( sports bra first, for support)
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

s-s-a

Postby s-s-a » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:35 pm

Winter morning training in sub-zero temps = sports bra+jersey+100 weight fleece+Activent jacket
Really cold winter rides (ie entire ride pre-sunrise with temp around -5) = sports bra+polypro thermal+100 weight fleece+Activent jacket

Wearing this much if the temp was +2 to +3 instead of -2 to -3 is unpleasantly hot. I would go for sports bra+jersey+arm warmers+Activent jacket or a vest with windstopper fleece front

I generally dislike wearing thermals under a jersey because it's a PITA to take them off if the day warms up

Apple

Postby Apple » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:41 pm

s-s-a wrote: I generally dislike wearing thermals under a jersey because it's a PITA to take them off if the day warms up
What is a PITA, I don't think you mean Middle Eastern bread. I have heard it used before, for the life of me I don't get it. Please explain :oops:

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:50 pm

PITA - Pain in the arse

Apple

Postby Apple » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Missy24 wrote:PITA - Pain in the arse
Thank you. :D

bunnybiker

Postby bunnybiker » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:03 pm

Has anyone tried the Ground Effect crop??

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:11 am

bunnybiker wrote:Has anyone tried the Ground Effect crop??
you got me, what is that. :?

Max

Postby Max » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:33 pm

Not a horse-riding accessory or S&M plaything ;) One of the short-sleeved undershirts found here, I think.

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

s-s-a

Postby s-s-a » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:23 am

or S&M plaything
LOL

No I haven't though I was eyeing them off in the catalogue this week, along with the silver and purple LS merino jersey :)

Steph

waynohh

Postby waynohh » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:43 pm

http://www.this link is broken/p/cycle/7/Sport ... 360009424/

I bought my wife one of these then another 3 or 4 in different colours. Now she bloody won't wear anything else.

s-s-a

Postby s-s-a » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:05 pm

The ones above are for A to C cup. There is also another model for larger cup sizes here

Steph

stargazir

Postby stargazir » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:22 pm

s-s-a wrote:The ones above are for A to C cup. There is also another model for larger cup sizes here
I struggle to get a sports bra in my size as I have a small bone-structure but a big cup size. I'm intrigued by this as its designed for larger cup sizes. Has anyone tried it and can comment on the sizing? It seems to be based off your rib cage rather than your bust measurement but i'm not sure how one size can fit from a C to an F cup. I only measure as a size small rib-cage wise but I can't see me squishing myself into a small