Wearing knicks... Do you go commando?

Missy24

Wearing knicks... Do you go commando?

Postby Missy24 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:51 pm

So i saw Christine post that she wears panties and this that and everything else under her knicks.

I know when I first started I wasn't sure... Now I go commando.

Anyone who doesn't? Why not?

moosterbounce

Re: Wearing knicks... Do you go commando?

Postby moosterbounce » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:36 pm

I do when I'm riding outside or for longer rides on the trainer. I don't bother with short trainer rides (30-45 minutes) as I'll get 2 wears out of a set. I hate washing, but don't mind sweaty clothes on day 2 as I can shower afterwards. Has worked fine for me.

Christine Tham

Postby Christine Tham » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:18 pm

moosterbounce wrote:I do when I'm riding outside or for longer rides on the trainer. I don't bother with short trainer rides (30-45 minutes) as I'll get 2 wears out of a set. I hate washing, but don't mind sweaty clothes on day 2 as I can shower afterwards. Has worked fine for me.
I must admit, that's one of the reasons I wear panties (and sanitary napkins) - in order to reuse the knicks for another ride.

As we all know, that area can get quite "funky" after a few hours of sweating, which is the reason for the napkin.
Weekdays: "Bliss" (Trek Madone 5.2 2012) | Weekends: "Cadel" (self built) | Casual: "Kitty" (Giant Cypress LDS 2009)

fleecedog

Postby fleecedog » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:41 pm

When I first started riding, the thought of going commando really grossed me out! It just seemed... dirty and unhygienic. But it was just so uncomfortably tight with undies and the pantylines were chafing the wrong parts so I decided to give commando and go and never looked back since.

Washing after every ride is so worth it (I just throw it in the shower, soap it up and stamp on it) but I do need to be aware of having multiple pairs on rotation in case they don't dry or something. A damp chamois is definitely not fun.

cp123

Postby cp123 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:48 am

nup - commando. all the time. (if i'm just going for a tootle to the local shops i don't even change into bike clothes). Then its normal undies and shorts.

bella26

Postby bella26 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:59 pm

commando of course! Wearing undies under your knicks is just asking for trouble!!
2014 Bianchi Infinito CV 2012 Wilier Gran Turismo 2012 Specialized Epic FSR Comp 29er

Max

Postby Max » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:35 pm

I used to ride with regular undies on under nicks, and never had a problem. All this chafing and stuff people carry on about, I've never experienced it.

The only reason I go commando now is that I resented only getting a few hours' wear out of a pair of undies, and having to wash fourteen undies for seven days' worth of wear. So basically it's because I'm lazy and a tightarse. :lol:

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

s-s-a

Postby s-s-a » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:08 pm

I thought my dermatologist was the only person who still used the term panties.

I have always gone commando and washed knicks after every ride. I just chuck them in the washing machine and they come out looking (and smelling, thankfully) like new.

Putting knicks on to ride home from work that were worn for a 60km bunch ride on the way to work and then stashed in a locker all day was not one of my favourite aspects of my years doing serious roadie kms.

These days I ride to and from work in civvies (including shoes) because it's only 5km.

Steph

vinvin

Postby vinvin » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:35 pm

I have learned the way of the commando and am not going back. THUMBS: UP.

vinvin

Postby vinvin » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:39 pm

Okay but I have a serious question. A couple of weeks ago on a fairly quiet semi rural road I drove past a cyclist, I'm pretty sure it was female, judging by tan lines and thigh shape, with pants totally down around the ankles, standing behind a tree but in full view of the road, and bending forward, almost in half. There didn't seem to be anyone else around so it wasn't, er... :|

WHAT ON EARTH WAS THIS PERSON DOING?! I drove past too quickly but I am still :?: :shock: :?: about it.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:46 pm

Needs break.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

s-s-a

Postby s-s-a » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:22 am

From your description I can't imagine that position for anything other than a toilet break but it still sounds wrong!?!?

Nothing more embarrassing than a comfort stop on a quiet country road with NO TREES and just as things get started Murphy's Law says a car will come along. I was once attending to a lengthy call of nature stop while touring and had left my bike (with panniers) just off the side of the road, but I had walked further into the grass, trying to get a semblance of privacy. A passing car slowed, stopped, then backed up to ask if I was alright... I was like "yes thanks, bye now" :oops:

Steph

Max

Postby Max » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:14 am

vinvin wrote:Okay but I have a serious question. A couple of weeks ago on a fairly quiet semi rural road I drove past a cyclist, I'm pretty sure it was female, judging by tan lines and thigh shape, with pants totally down around the ankles, standing behind a tree but in full view of the road, and bending forward, almost in half. There didn't seem to be anyone else around so it wasn't, er... :|

WHAT ON EARTH WAS THIS PERSON DOING?! I drove past too quickly but I am still :?: :shock: :?: about it.
Maybe they had a sudden onset of "OMGosh whatever is in my stomach has to come out nooooooooooooooooow, no matter what end it comes out from!". The only thing worse than simultaneous vomiting and diarreah would have to be getting afflicted by it in the middle of nowhere, and having to ride home.

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

Apple

Postby Apple » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:18 am

bella26 wrote:commando of course! Wearing undies under your knicks is just asking for trouble!!
Correct, Commando is the only way. If you only have one pair of knicks you are also asking for trouble.

You don't have one pair of underpants do you :shock:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

bunnybiker

Postby bunnybiker » Wed May 12, 2010 11:22 pm

Yep always commando!! Can't believe I saw a chick on the Otway ride wearing a G string!! That's gotta rub!!

fleecedog

Postby fleecedog » Thu May 13, 2010 7:41 pm

bunnybiker wrote:Yep always commando!! Can't believe I saw a chick on the Otway ride wearing a G string!! That's gotta rub!!
:shock:

Wut?!

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:35 pm

fleecedog wrote:
bunnybiker wrote:Yep always commando!! Can't believe I saw a chick on the Otway ride wearing a G string!! That's gotta rub!!

Wut?!
I saw a girl running along the yarra the other day and she was wearing see through tights and a g-string, who runs in a g-string, who runs in underware full stop? I don't run in undies, a g string would be... awwww man ouch

Christine Tham

Postby Christine Tham » Fri May 14, 2010 9:02 am

Missy24 wrote: I saw a girl running along the yarra the other day and she was wearing see through tights and a g-string,
I think you managed to increase the restive heartbeat of quite a few male readers on this forum!
Weekdays: "Bliss" (Trek Madone 5.2 2012) | Weekends: "Cadel" (self built) | Casual: "Kitty" (Giant Cypress LDS 2009)

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Wed May 19, 2010 10:56 am

Missy24 wrote:
fleecedog wrote:

Wut?!
I saw a girl running along the yarra the other day and she was wearing see through tights and a g-string, who runs in a g-string, who runs in underware full stop? I don't run in undies, a g string would be... awwww man ouch
There is a guy in my windtrainer (spin) class who wears a g-string under his shorts :shock:

He has only done a few classes and the first time he did the class he was wearing jocks (could see them over the top of his shorts) - he obviously thinks a g-string is a cure to being uncomfortable :lol:

jet-ski

Postby jet-ski » Thu May 20, 2010 6:10 pm

Commando when I wear knicks but I am from the 'wear regular clothes as much as possible' school and often don't wear cycling knicks for weeks, I don't think they are really necessary for my 9k commute.
Bike Friday New World Tourist, Schwinn Le Tour Sport, Giant TCR, Giant STP2, 9:zero:7 fattie

roobab

Postby roobab » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:08 am

"There is a guy in my windtrainer (spin) class who wears a g-string under his shorts

He has only done a few classes and the first time he did the class he was wearing jocks (could see them over the top of his shorts) - he obviously thinks a g-string is a cure to being uncomfortable"

OK - I am a guy and there is a good reason for that guy doing that. All purely based on human anatomy.

dodge

Postby dodge » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:39 am

roobab wrote:"There is a guy in my windtrainer (spin) class who wears a g-string under his shorts

He has only done a few classes and the first time he did the class he was wearing jocks (could see them over the top of his shorts) - he obviously thinks a g-string is a cure to being uncomfortable"

OK - I am a guy and there is a good reason for that guy doing that. All purely based on human anatomy.
No there is NOT :lol:

Commando is the way to go
Size 14..first of the overeaters

Drunkmonkey

Postby Drunkmonkey » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:35 pm

roobab wrote:"There is a guy in my windtrainer (spin) class who wears a g-string under his shorts

The only reason for a guy to wear a g string is because he likes to wear womens underwear :lol:

Chanboy

Postby Chanboy » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:14 pm

Hmmmm most guys where their jocks under their shorts. Is he a super-hero? :-)

gorilla monsoon

Postby gorilla monsoon » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:40 pm

[/quote]The only reason for a guy to wear a g string is because he likes to wear womens underwear :lol:[/quote]

You gotta get out more. You can get G-bangers/thongs for blokes. I've seen them in the more upmarket menswear shops.
Not my circus, not my monkeys