Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Missy24

Re: Missy's Training - Noosa Triathlon - Olympic Distance

Postby Missy24 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:11 pm

Thanks again... I checked the monthly average for Noosa temperature in November and its saying 25.1.

i don't think I'll go the wetsuit, its not something I'v swam in before, but that being said I will have to go out into the big ocean at some point before hand!!!

Ruby

Postby Ruby » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:27 pm

in that case i would believe the internet!

If it gets to the time and you need one ('cause its cold) they you can hire them from some places.

There doesn't excite me to spend several hundred dollars on that a rubber suit that makes everyone look like a seal.

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:30 pm

Ruby wrote:in that case i would believe the internet!

If it gets to the time and you need one ('cause its cold) they you can hire them from some places.

There doesn't excite me to spend several hundred dollars on that a rubber suit that makes everyone look like a seal.
I'm glad you can hire them, although, I'm not sure about someone else having been in it... we'll see how I feel down the track

hannos

Postby hannos » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:41 pm

Missy, with a temp like that I'm not entirely sure they'll allow wetsuits although I don't know offhand what the cutoff is.

From Tri Australia Rules
(31 page, 211KB .pdf file)

7. The temperature limits for the use of wetsuits and maximum
time to be in the water for the varying swim distances are as
follows:
a. - Elite, Under-23, Open and Junior competitors
Distance---------------Forbidden Above----------Mandatory Below----------Maximum Time
Up to1500m-------------------20o C--------------------14o C--------------------30 mins
1501m – 3000m---------------23o C--------------------15o C--------------------1 hour 40 mins
3001m and above-------------24o C--------------------16o C--------------------2 hours 15 mins
Last edited by hannos on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 BMC SLC01

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:47 pm

hannos wrote:Missy, with a temp like that I'm not entirely sure they'll allow wetsuits although I don't know offhand what the cutoff is.
yeah I know, I think we've already covered this.

I was reffering to training... in the ocean, I live in Melbourne its a bit chilly here in winter, which is when I will be doing most of my training... in winter.

Most likely unless the weather has been bad there will be no wetsuits allowed same as Moolooaba, the tri that I was at last month. I've been to Tri's before, just never raced a full one, it more about the training.

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:47 pm

hannos wrote:Missy, with a temp like that I'm not entirely sure they'll allow wetsuits although I don't know offhand what the cutoff is.
but thanks

ClownBoy

Postby ClownBoy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:01 pm

Last year wetsuits were allowed. maybe half the fields used them. I didn't.

bella26

Postby bella26 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Missy24 wrote:
bella26 wrote:
Missy24 wrote: Awww thanks for stopping by Bella... its been a long time since we really chated.
Blame the cruddy new job for that - never get a chance to get online anymore so my forum time has been severly disrupted!!!
Missy24 wrote:Yeah I think I'll add another swim in... don't tell ANYONE... but I really need to work on the fact that I sink at swimming :roll:
I don't so much sink when I swim - I have two things permanently strapped to the front of my chest which make me more bouyant and hence pretty slow!!! :lol:
Thats a +1 for me to Bella, I've signed up for swim classes tonight, how goes your plans? Any news on the horizon?
Plans are starting to piece together slowly slowly here although if everything goes well we could be around in your neck of the woods next month :-) Looking forward to meeting some new riding buddies down there that is for sure!
2014 Bianchi Infinito CV 2012 Wilier Gran Turismo 2012 Specialized Epic FSR Comp 29er

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:04 am

Wow Bella! Next month is soon, I look forward to the possibility of riding with another girl (other than elmo/pickle/atham/ken/Alek/Phil), I wont get my hopes up too far, just incase.... ok my hopes are already up.

Stoke correction is going well, the reason why I sucked at swimming was cause didn't have my stroke sorted (anyone else think stroke is a dirty word?), but also, who would have thought that you totally use entirely different lungs (I'm serious) when swimming, its so not the same as running or riding. I think is 6 weeks I'll be fine, I'm aiming for 5 pool sessions a week because its my worst leg.

Got a private lesson last night because I was told the wrong time, thanks to Adrian at Brunswick Baths for not treating me like a child.

hannos

Postby hannos » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:04 pm

Missy24 wrote:but also, who would have thought that you totally use entirely different lungs (I'm serious) when swimming, its so not the same as running or riding. I think is 6 weeks I'll be fine,
I can't agree more! When I started swimming for the Kurnell Tri (January last) I couldn't swim 50m without stopping. The breathing is what was preventing me from doing anything more. I come froma running and riding background where you can breathe as fast as you want but swimming was totally different.

With coaching you'll be smashing it within 6 weeks.
2010 BMC SLC01

Apple

Postby Apple » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:45 pm

Thanks Missy,
You got me back into the water with your motivation.
I did swim squad today and I think we should start a “What training did you do today for the ladies"
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:46 pm

Apple wrote:Thanks Missy,
You got me back into the water with your motivation.
I did swim squad today and I think we should start a “What training did you do today for the ladies"
Go for it... great idea!!!

ClownBoy

Postby ClownBoy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:55 pm

Apple wrote:“What training did you do today for the ladies"
I do some stuff for the ladies. The suitably attired, corporate ladies. Who respect themselves.
Last edited by ClownBoy on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Apple

Postby Apple » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:56 pm

that s great clown boy, keep up the good work :wink:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

ClownBoy

Postby ClownBoy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:21 pm

Apple wrote:that s great clown boy, keep up the good work :wink:
I'm trying.

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:23 pm

ClownBoy wrote:
Apple wrote:that s great clown boy, keep up the good work :wink:
I'm trying.
I'm sorry... you can put it back if you want... I was being a little OTT

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:29 pm

ClownBoy wrote:
Apple wrote:“What training did you do today for the ladies"
I do some stuff for the ladies. The suitably attired, corporate ladies. Who respect themselves.
LMAO

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:45 am

Did 60km this morning... now I'm going back to bed, it was a good 60km.. bed time again, but it was so unbelievably ccccccccold.... brrrrrrrrrr

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:17 pm

Went down Beach Road tonight, very fast for me heading down, sitting on a lovely 43km/h... tailwind of about 42km/h, so you can imagine the trip home, I think the wind was worse than the BOM was reporting, the wind was seriously tough, at one point I was only on 22km/h... yikes. Couple of really nice sprints on the way down... then I had that headwind all the way back to Brunswick, stopped at work first and picked up my bag.

Ran to work this morning, it was cold and I don't like it... but it felt good.

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:47 pm

Walking home from the pool tonight it occured to me, WHY THE HELL DID I START TRAINING FOR A TRIATHALON IN WINTER... I'm trying to convince myself that this winter training will make me tougher, stronger, fitter, leaner and better.

Tired now... working on one last thing and then bed after the french study

ClownBoy

Postby ClownBoy » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:59 am

Missy24 wrote:Walking home from the pool tonight it occured to me, WHY THE HELL DID I START TRAINING FOR A TRIATHALON IN WINTER... I'm trying to convince myself that this winter training will make me tougher, stronger, fitter, leaner and better.

Try running your ass off in summer. Triathlon training prompts you to do longer sessions. In summer I even start my weekend sessions at 5am so I can finish before the sun is up too high and too hot. In winter I can give it an extra hour.

Plenty of benefits. Just make sure you do enough training it the heat after winter so you are acclimitized for Noosa

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:50 am

ClownBoy wrote:
Missy24 wrote:Walking home from the pool tonight it occured to me, WHY THE HELL DID I START TRAINING FOR A TRIATHALON IN WINTER... I'm trying to convince myself that this winter training will make me tougher, stronger, fitter, leaner and better.

Try running your ass off in summer. Triathlon training prompts you to do longer sessions. In summer I even start my weekend sessions at 5am so I can finish before the sun is up too high and too hot. In winter I can give it an extra hour.

Plenty of benefits. Just make sure you do enough training it the heat after winter so you are acclimitized for Noosa
No problems there... I LOVE summer!

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Sun May 02, 2010 8:34 pm

My weekends at the moment are spent training, its the familiar tale of eat, sleep and train.

Yesterday I ran 17km and then swam 1km paying very close attention to my stroke, I can feel the improvement which is great, but I still hate swimming, especially the 4-6 sessions a week in the outdoor pool when its 15 degrees or even less.

The run was good, I really enjoyed the last 2km.

Cycling wise, my speed on the flat has improved, I sit comfortably on 35 now instead of 33, I'm not doing pointless km's anymore, I'm doing the maximum required to ride 40km in a triathalon, so I've capped my distance at 70km and I'm only doing 3 sessions a week at the moment, right now running and swimming need more work.

The cycling has improved due to the cross training IMHO, I'm breathing better now, breathing has also been a real focus in the swimming, learning how to control my breathing... oh and weight loss has been an advantage...

What else? Today's effort on the BLVD was good, and a bit later in the day than expected, although it was cold, did 50km worth of undulations, that's 4 laps for those who know. But after that stopped at Brunetti's for a cookie... and yes I mean a cookie... when I got home I face planted my pillow and stayed like that for 2 hours.

On Tuesday we recover, one more moderate day and then rest.

Its fun....

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Sat May 08, 2010 9:14 pm

This week has been SH**

Too much to do and not enough time to do anything and my Mum's had a cold so I've been going to her place of an evening and cooking dinner for her and stuff so she gets a break, she works about 15 hours a day as an accountant, so I think it helps.

Went to the blvd today, didn't want to, did ONE lap... that's all ONE lap, threw my gears up as high as I could stand and stayed like that and didn't coast at all, so that was hard and I felt good for it.

But I headed for The Outpost after and luckily for me Paul the chef was in and I got a good chat with him about how to poach an egg properly and about my future, the day wasn't entirely lost.

I cleaned my house and PRESS RELEASE... I did the dishes took them from dirty to clean, vacumed and did washing

Pax

Postby Pax » Sat May 08, 2010 9:51 pm

Hey Missy

Great to see this training thread and your committment to the event.

I have very happy memories of riding the hilly part of the bike leg multiple times when Mrs Pax and I lived in Noosa in the late 80s. It was one of my standard training rides. The Tri wasn't so big in those days but still drew a fair bit of attention (NB I have NEVER competed in it!!!). You'll love it (in the painful-hard-riding sense of "love"). The downhill is fantastic.

Anyway, not wanting to take this off topic but just wondering if you have plans to stay in the Sunshine Coast / Brisbane area before or after the event?? I'm thinking that the opportunity for a ride with the famous Missy might be a good focus for a Forum ride in the area if you are.

I'm actually likely to be in a 200k event on the central coast of NSW on the weekend of the Noosa Tri...but the weekend before (or the weekend after???????)

Anyway...as I said not wanting to take this off topic...keep up the good work :lol: