Motivation, what training did you do today( for the girls)

Apple

Re: Motivation, what training did you do today( for the girl

Postby Apple » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:43 am

Rode with the legend and now I am eating
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:25 pm

I'm shopping... That counts right?

Apple

Postby Apple » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:49 pm

Rode to Duffy’s Forest again from St Ives, only did 30km but sucked wheel all the way to round about. I was going to do Akuna but got tired. I will build up. Next Sunday Akuna.
Last edited by Apple on Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Short swim 600m.. wasn't feeling great... short of breath a bit, so I packed it in early and headed for beach road for an easy spin... not my best work but it was work none the less

Apple

Postby Apple » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:25 pm

Ran with my dog for about 4km today, so building up again. Glad I made her a running belt she almost attacked another one of those white fluffies. It is an ugly sight, seeing my beautiful dog’s face turn into some sort of “Linda Blair” in the exorcist :shock:

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:25 am

Feeling good. Ran again with my dog for 4km with hardly any walking.
Counting my points with weightwatchers.
Aiming to be yummy mummy once again
:twisted:

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:34 am

Anyone do anything recently? I've been going to the pub... not exactly motivated right noe, but 1cm thinner on my hips so who really cares...

bella26

Postby bella26 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:23 am

I moved and stacked 1 tonne of wood yesterday - figure that has to count towards some sort of training!
2014 Bianchi Infinito CV 2012 Wilier Gran Turismo 2012 Specialized Epic FSR Comp 29er

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:15 am

bella26 wrote:I moved and stacked 1 tonne of wood yesterday - figure that has to count towards some sort of training!
nooooooooope :P

Apple

Postby Apple » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:18 am

I have done nothing at all, it is cold, school holidays and I am a slob.

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:52 am

Apple wrote:I have done nothing at all, it is cold, school holidays and I am a slob.
nice

crazycanuck

Postby crazycanuck » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:30 pm

I am dying to use my motiviation but am sidelined with "ear bubbles" in my right ear at the moment..BAh. I can't pop my ear, i'm in and out of a tunnel, it's itchy etc etc...I spent mon/tues sleeping, tried biking on wed but paid for it :( ..ended up sleeping for most of thurs/today. Visited my dr after taking flu meds, exercise, head over steaming water etc etc didn't work. HOpefully the antibiotics will work. I'm deaf in my left ear & really want to ensure my right ear gets back to full health.

I'll try and do some gentle very short rides early next week.

Go and ride for me :(

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:35 am

I've been trying to get out for a run but it's been too cold :( I'm a blouse. This week has been bad - have ridden 50kms on the trainer. Bad migraine stopped me for a few days and lazines coupled with takeaway Japanese did me in tonight. I feel bad though...I wanted to ride but time got away and Mr Moo frowns when I ride after 9pm.

Paddled for 3 hours last Sunday. The river was like glass and nearly deserted so it couldn't have been a nicer afternoon. Shame about the weather, but with Mr Moo training for the Avon Descent he's grateful (as am I because I no longer need to listen to the complaints!!). The Avon Descent is a 122km white water race from Northam to Perth held over a weekend early August.

I've been a bit lazy - I'm not designed for cold weather, but I'm not eating huge amounts so hovering at the 80kg mark give or take a hundred grams or so. I want summer and 40 degrees again please.

This week I received a Real Life Video for my trainer of a section of Milan-San Remo so I'm motivated. I've tried a bit of it and apart from the scenery being fabulous, it hurts like hell!! I love it :)

Apple

Postby Apple » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:54 pm

My husband has just informed me that I am mentally unstable if I don’t do some sort of training, he is finding me difficult. I have just found that he has pumped my tires and left my cycle shoes near the bike for tomorrow morning, he even recharged my bike lights. :roll:
I think what he really finds difficult is my big fat ass, so he is trying to make me burn it off :twisted:

I just don’t feel motivated.
:cry:
Last edited by Apple on Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:27 am

I'm the same!! I sometimes have this conversation with Mr Moo...

MM "are you going to ride tonight?"
Moo "why?"
MM "i think you need to."
Moo "i can't be bothered"
MM "you'll be glad if you do...otherwise you'll hate yourself and keep complaining" (he's being polite here. He only says this when I'm grumpy due to not exercising!!)
Moo "sigh...ok"

Sometimes we have...
Moo "i can't be bothered exercising. if i skip dinner i won't gain any weight today"
MM "it's not the dinner that does it...it's the dessert"
Moo "i can't skip that :shock: better ride then"

I think if Mr Moo could set up a bar of chocolate in front of me like in the cartoons then I'd ride for hours on the trainer to try to get to it!!

Apple

Postby Apple » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:54 am

moosterbounce wrote:I'm the same!! I sometimes have this conversation with Mr Moo...

MM "are you going to ride tonight?"
Moo "why?"
MM "i think you need to."
Moo "i can't be bothered"
MM "you'll be glad if you do...otherwise you'll hate yourself and keep complaining" (he's being polite here. He only says this when I'm grumpy due to not exercising!!)
Moo "sigh...ok"

Sometimes we have...
Moo "i can't be bothered exercising. if i skip dinner i won't gain any weight today"
MM "it's not the dinner that does it...it's the dessert"
Moo "i can't skip that :shock: better ride then"

!!
OMGosh :shock: is Mr Moo Mr Apple. come to think of it are you Apple !!!!!:?

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:06 am

Motivation... yeah right, I was at the pub last night, if your on my facebook or twitter you probably know this already.

I have to go to work today... :(

Apple

Postby Apple » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:25 am

I am so serious about my training again, started today.
My dog and I have both gained equal amounts of weight for our height and age.

I took her for a run today and the fat thing was making me pull her, Say What :shock: She used to love running.
No more eating leftovers for either of us, we can both go with out snacking.

Apple

Postby Apple » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:54 pm

Fat dog and I ran again this morning. we ran for about 4km. we had a weigh in and kept the weight watchers points recorded. The dog did better with her points but I am still on track.

Apple

Postby Apple » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:06 am

Woke up early took the bike out, (my dog was not happy but she was going out with my daughter). Rode for 59min, local streets with lots of hills, shi*t it was hard, I think I looked like “Juba the hut” on a bike but I feel good now.

Kehly

Postby Kehly » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:37 pm

None today and none for the past 2 months :(

Came off my bike on the way to work on 20/5, on workcover thankfully but didn't find out until last Tuesday after finally getting the MRI approved, that the TFC ligament in my wrist is torn and is what causing my arm not being able to rotate. So in a sling/brace and going batty not able to do anything. Did finally get the OK on Saturday from Ortho & Physio to start swimming, so will try that on the weekend.

Do any of you have suggestions? I won't be riding my bike probably for another 2 months, ortho said 4 all up before he'd consider letting me put weight on my wrist.

hannos

Postby hannos » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Kehly wrote:None today and none for the past 2 months :(

Came off my bike on the way to work on 20/5, on workcover thankfully but didn't find out until last Tuesday after finally getting the MRI approved, that the TFC ligament in my wrist is torn and is what causing my arm not being able to rotate. So in a sling/brace and going batty not able to do anything. Did finally get the OK on Saturday from Ortho & Physio to start swimming, so will try that on the weekend.

Do any of you have suggestions? I won't be riding my bike probably for another 2 months, ortho said 4 all up before he'd consider letting me put weight on my wrist.

You're on Workcover - do whatever the doctors tell you or you might have to fork out yourself.

edit: For clarification, do exactly what the doctors tell you, no more, no less. One photo of you doing something you shouldn't be and workcover will walk away.
Last edited by hannos on Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2010 BMC SLC01

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:27 pm

Kehly wrote:None today and none for the past 2 months :(

Hannos is right.

And take this opportunity to have a break and rest, just go for a walk, you could probably go for a long walk.

But seriously do what your doctors tell you, ligaments can cause trouble.

Apple

Postby Apple » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:08 pm

Just get better, time will pass and you will be healed.
I know, I wrote the book on injury.

Apple

Postby Apple » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:06 am

Juba the hut rode out again this morning (I just know there is a princess leia in there some where)
It was soooooooo windy