Motivation, what training did you do today( for the girls)

bella26

Re: Motivation, what training did you do today( for the girl

Postby bella26 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:38 pm

I split some wood today...the motivation for riding just isn't there for me in winter...Oh Bella HTFU!
2014 Bianchi Infinito CV 2012 Wilier Gran Turismo 2012 Specialized Epic FSR Comp 29er

Apple

Postby Apple » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:18 pm

bella26 wrote:I split some wood today...the motivation for riding just isn't there for me in winter...Oh Bella HTFU!
I know what you mean. it is so hard and cold to ride at present
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

ClownBoy

Postby ClownBoy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:23 pm

You girls are shocking.

Isn't this suppossed to be a motivational thread?

Apple

Postby Apple » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:24 pm

ClownBoy wrote:You girls are shocking.

Yes it is ClownBoy and I am doing my best to get bella off her behind and ride that bike :wink:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:26 pm

ClownBoy wrote:You girls are shocking.

I went and signed up at the gym and explained how I wanted to do weights in my program and how it should be as LITTLE as possible, isn't that motivational enough for you?

Dizz

Postby Dizz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:11 pm

bella26 wrote:I split some wood today...the motivation for riding just isn't there for me in winter...Oh Bella HTFU!
I agree winter is tough and I shouldn't complain as I live in Brisbane; even so I don't go riding until 10am in winter and call it quits by 3pm at the latest. I also pick and choose which days I ride and which ones I don't based on the weather and not my training schedule which gets really flexible in winter.

My primary goal in winter is to stay fit and healthy; to this end I find Long Slow Distances (LSDs) to be very effective and tomorrow is looking good. :D

If the forecast is correct; I’ll head south tomorrow for 2.5hrs then turn around and head home; should cover 100k or so.
Missy24 wrote: .... I went and signed up at the gym ....
+1, definitely join a Gym! Also I highly recommend eating very small, solid protein meals every two hours it really helps to keep you warm; take a tea spoon of cod liver oil with each meal and don’t worry you won’t gain weight.

Before long rides I actually eat every hour on the hour at least 4 meals before I set out and the same when I return up until bed; it works but you really start to hate food after a few weeks. :evil:

My final recommendation is to actually ditch riding altogether in August and go skiing for two weeks; an alpine holiday is a great reward for your perseverance. :mrgreen:

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:15 pm

Oh I'm not worried about gaining weight, I was kinda being sarcastic... cause its what I do... I start back on my tri training next week... been on a break.

Where do you hail from Dizz?

RedPanda

Postby RedPanda » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:27 am

Hi - haven't been on my bike for at least 4weeks. Have bought new saddle in that time too, now am dreading those first few rides till everything (!) gets broken in again :cry: . Have the bike on the trainer in the spare room, but my odo/speedo works off my front wheel which doesn't move, and this annoys me, I can't tell how awesome I am...or crap...probably crap...

But at least managing to keep my indoor training up every night. Tonight did 2 x cardio classes (taebo & cage fitness) and 30minute stretching class. Almost talked myself out of going as calves are rooted this week and twisted my knee in yesterdays class - so have been doing stupid pigeon hobble walk.
Had full on two sided conversation...."Just stay home :twisted: , it's freezing :twisted: , you go everynight :twisted: ...."
But I try to think of the real deep reason why I started exercising in the first place. So with knee strapped, calf compression socks on - I went for it.

Maybe I'll toughen up enough to ride in this cold weather.
First time posting in here, but have been reading for a while.
Cheers.

Apple

Postby Apple » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:23 am

Come on girls you sound like the guys when you complain. Just get that mojo happening with cycling. :P
I ran with my dog this morning, we ran for about 3 km and it was great.

Dizz

Postby Dizz » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi all, well the sun stayed out for my entire ride today which is good because the air was dry and cold. I got away about 10:30 am and headed south as planned but I’d be stretching the truth if I said that I enjoyed the ride. Anyway, I put in a relaxed 105km in 3hrs 58min which is a nice way to end my week.
Apple wrote:Come on girls you sound like the guys when you complain. Just get that mojo happening with cycling. :P
I ran with my dog this morning, we ran for about 3 km and it was great.
Apple, I wish I could contribute something more upbeat but I real do struggle at this time of year. It’s not a lack of motivation but a physical reaction to the cold. I think it’s because I hardly have any visible body fat so regardless of what I do; the cold always gets the better of me. :( The upside to being both fit and thin is that I never suffer from the heat in summer but that is of little consolation at the moment. Thankfully, winter is short here and the worst should be behind us in a month or so; till then I will just continue with a maintenance strategy.
Missy24 wrote:.... Where do you hail from Dizz?
Hi Missy, I currently reside in Brisbane, Queensland; well a suburb near Brisbane called Wynnum, it’s near the Bay about 30km from Brisbane towards the ocean.
RedPanda wrote:Hi - haven't been on my bike for at least 4weeks......
Welcome to the forum you naughty, naughty girl :wink:

Apple

Postby Apple » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:42 pm

"Dizz"]Hi all, well the sun stayed out for my entire ride today which is good because the air was dry and cold. I got away about 10:30 am and headed south as planned but I’d be stretching the truth if I said that I enjoyed the ride. Anyway, I put in a relaxed 105km in 3hrs 58min which is a nice way to end my week.

I envy you so much, fantastic; it has been a long time since I rode that kind of distance.
Dizz quote]Apple, I wish I could contribute something more upbeat but I real do struggle at this time of year. It’s not a lack of motivation but a physical reaction to the cold. I think it’s because I hardly have any visible body fat so regardless of what I do; the cold always gets the better of me.
it must be fustrating for you, but i wish I didn't have so much pink doona, I look like a polar bear in winter :cry:

Apple

Postby Apple » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:18 am

Ran with my beautiful dog this morning and we did a good 4 and half km run.
It is just to cold to ride

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:31 am

Apple has started calling us guys :shock: .... Nah just playing, your right we are soooo tougher!

I have consulted a new trainer and I think Im gonna die, she's trying to qualify for KONA IRONMAN... She said it was time to bulk up, we are concentrating on fast twitch muscles and I have to lift lots... Eeekk

*Missy hides in corner under blankets, with pet cat and sooks*

hey dizz motivation this time of year is hard, stay indoors and use the gym if it's bad weather, like RPM classes and some weights to keep you tonned, oh and outdoor heated pools are the !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !!! It's sooooooo nice

Dizz

Postby Dizz » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:49 pm

Apple wrote:it must be fustrating for you, but i wish I didn't have so much pink doona, I look like a polar bear in winter :cry:
Yes, a little frustrating, Apple but I’m done with my winter grips after see this post from Tim in Missy’s thread - ” Feel Good... Feel Great! Motivational YouTube!”

By the way, great effort with your “4 and half km run”. If I tried that with my little girl (German cross Belgium Sheppard) she would just look at me... like this!

In K9 she saying; mummy I’m so cute don’t make me run, just give me another yummy bone! Has she got me sucked in or what. :lol:
Missy24 wrote:hey dizz motivation this time of year is hard, stay indoors and use the gym if it's bad weather, like RPM classes and some weights to keep you tonned, oh and outdoor heated pools are the s***! It's sooooooo nice
Yeah I hammer the legs with weights about 3 times a fortnight at the gym but as for RPM and the outdoor pool, no way!

My partner loves RPM Classes but I avoid all static bikes like the plague. I don’t really need motivation to get on the bike although winter training is somewhat arduous for me. However, when the “need” arises to simulate a specific condition; like an 18km hill climb (G2I), I will break out the rollers and do it on my own bike. This way I can be certain about every variable but most importantly I will not be risking injury by riding a bike with an unsuitable geometry. Anyway, with the exception of vacations I pretty well ride everywhere; my odometer which is rest annually is currently on 5,924km so riding to the gym to do RPM would be kind of weird.

As for the pool, when I was younger (12 to 30ish) I used to swim laps and it was fine, never really exhilarating perse but fine nonetheless; then at some point it just got boring, so I stopped and I didn’t miss it at all, so I can’t imagine that I will ever stat again. But swimming outdoors in winter; I don’t envy you at all, the closest I’ve come to that is a hot tub in the Alps with a nice glass of red. :lol:

Apple

Postby Apple » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:13 pm

[quote="Dizz"

:shock: :shock: What a great guy,
Now that is motivation.

He is also very clever, getting lots of hugs from some nice girls. Good on him.
He could have played Anakin in star wars, (only kidding)

crazycanuck

Postby crazycanuck » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:24 pm

Awwww.cute doggggggieeeee

I played on dirt today..Ahh..I love dirt :D

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:53 pm

Ooooooo so I ran 10km this morning, and for someone who literally hasn't done anything physical since about 3 weeks ago... it really really hurt, combine it with Friday nights weight session and that I had to go to work at the bike shop after the run... I'm wrecked.

I look forward to some pain killers and my bed

Apple

Postby Apple » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:57 pm

Missy24 wrote:Ooooooo so I ran 10km this morning, and for someone who literally hasn't done anything physical since about 3 weeks ago... it really really hurt, combine it with Friday nights weight session and that I had to go to work at the bike shop after the run... I'm wrecked.

I look forward to some pain killers and my bed
Great Job Missy, very impressed with you. :wink:

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:05 pm

thanks Apple, appreciate it

Apple

Postby Apple » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:16 pm

I was motivated today, after reading your post Missy,
so I ran 3km this morning and 3km this afternoon

Apple

Postby Apple » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:04 pm

I took myself to Centennial Park and rode for an hour and added some hills.

crazycanuck

Postby crazycanuck » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:48 pm

I got myself back into de pool w our swimming group. I sort of went into hiding & decided to get out from under the desk n go again. I'd like to do a couple open water swims this summer & need to get mozying!

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:08 pm

Well done girls!

I actually did a morning session at the gym today! OMGosh, yes I got out of bed at 6am and went to the gym... very proud of myself, almost couldn't walk afterwards, my trainer was yelling abuse at me whislt she trained a friend! Super nice!

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:56 pm

I actually got out of bed this morning to go to the gym and did another weights session... back again tomorrow morning for a cardio session....

I ate two cupcakes today, it was someone's 50th at work... cupcakes, yummo!

Apple

Postby Apple » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:14 pm

I really need to start swimming, I better wax first.
I ran for 4km this morning.