Motivation, what training did you do today( for the girls)

Apple

Motivation, what training did you do today( for the girls)

Postby Apple » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Have been feeling low for the last couple of months, so decided to boost my moral and start a training thread.
So today I attended swims squad (did get out of the water before others) I did 1.6km and I feel great.
I am a land mammal and only learned to swim about 6 years ago. I swim well but slow.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

Missy24

Re: Motivation, what training did you do today( for the girl

Postby Missy24 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:01 pm

I did a slow 3km at lunch today, its been 3 days since I ran at lunch and I'm glad I did, it makes me feel soooo much better.

I've got swimming tonight, looking forward to it, now that I'm learning to do freestyle properly I feel so much more in control and like I've got a chance of doing well.

crazycanuck

Postby crazycanuck » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:29 pm

I did a swim sess with our reg group-I think about 2km.

I then went for a short ride to test out my newish shoes & the cleat position. I think I might move the left cleat a smidgen bit.

I just dropped our ute off to be looked at-(cycled home from vehicle electrical fix it place & will bike back to pick it up when they ring me...)as when we drive the club trailer to mtb events, we have an issue with our signal lights....

s-s-a

Postby s-s-a » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:14 pm

I went for a 3/4h walk before breakfast up the hill behind where we live - with a fabulous early morning view over Canberra with whisps of mist everywhere and a couple of hot air balloons. Same thing yesterday, but could only fit in a 1/2h walk. And nice to have some peace and quiet considering it's the second week of the school holidays :P

Steph

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:27 pm

I trained users all day so did lots of walking!! I should have logged the miles as I am a very "wondering" trainer :)

Tonight, I will be riding probably 40kms on the trainer as a recovery from my 3km shuffle (jog) last night. I'm not a runner but am trying to get up to a half marathon and need to do this slowly due to shin issues so 3kms is a big thing for me!! Yay Couch to 5kms program :)

I'd sit on the couch all night but I just ate crispy chicken sushi. Yum. Oh yes, with chocolate macadamias as a chaser :D

Apple

Postby Apple » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:53 am

moosterbounce wrote:Tonight, I will be riding probably 40kms on the trainer as a recovery from my 3km shuffle (jog) last night.
I'd sit on the couch all night but I just ate crispy chicken sushi. Yum. Oh yes, with chocolate macadamias as a chaser :D
Moonsterbounce, What did you do today not what I will do, it doesn’t count. :)
Can you leave the food out of it, I am depressed already about what I eat :wink:

Today I walked, slow jogged and walked and jogged for 45 min, with my best friend (my dog) :P
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:46 am

The swimming is coming along well, just have to practice practice and practice, 6 weeks and I should be as fast as the 10 year old who are about to hit squad :lol:

crazycanuck

Postby crazycanuck » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:14 pm

Funky Funky fun today 8)

I just got back from a short (16km) dirt ride but I had success & made it up a nasty hill!!! weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:42 pm

Ran a really quick 3km on my lunch break today, loved every minute of it... makes my day heaven!

Apple

Postby Apple » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:00 am

Well it was my birthday yesterday so I had half a bottle of moet.
Only walked the dog through the bush today about 4km

Christine Tham

Postby Christine Tham » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:56 am

I need motivation for the long weekend. Did 90 km today (three gorges), would like to do 90 km tomorrow (waterfall) and 130 km on Mon (M7).

Am I being too ambitious? Someone please say yes, I'm getting scared just reading the above.
Weekdays: "Bliss" (Trek Madone 5.2 2012) | Weekends: "Cadel" (self built) | Casual: "Kitty" (Giant Cypress LDS 2009)

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:25 am

Christine Tham wrote:I need motivation for the long weekend. Did 90 km today (three gorges), would like to do 90 km tomorrow (waterfall) and 130 km on Mon (M7).

Am I being too ambitious? Someone please say yes, I'm getting scared just reading the above.
Go hard! Speaking of training I rode to the coffee shop... Then to the lbs, I'm hardcore!

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:43 pm

Apple wrote:Moosterbounce, What did you do today not what I will do, it doesn’t count. :)
Can you leave the food out of it, I am depressed already about what I eat :wink:
But that was when I logged in :D Sorry about the food. I'm logging my calories at the moment and 2 days this week I had double my daily allowance :shock: I can't help it. I'm addicted to food. Must cut down... With the amount of exercise I do I should be thin as a rake (if I stopped eating vast quantities of calories!!).

OK...so what did I do yesterday? 50kms on the trainer and a few kms walking the hounds.

Today - so far - paddled about 10kms this morning in a fitness session (early :( ) and I'll be on the trainer again this evening (I love that trainer!!).

Apple

Postby Apple » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:45 pm

moosterbounce wrote:
Apple wrote:
But that was when I logged in :D Sorry about the food. I'm logging my calories at the moment and 2 days this week I had double my daily allowance :shock: I can't help it. I'm addicted to food. Must cut down... With the amount of exercise I do I should be thin as a rake (if I stopped eating vast quantities of calories!!).

OK...so what did I do yesterday? 50kms on the trainer and a few kms walking the hounds.

Today - so far - paddled about 10kms this morning in a fitness session (early :( ) and I'll be on the trainer again this evening (I love that trainer!!).
You love the Trainer :shock: I hate it.
As for eating I am addicted to food also, and need to move my ass. I joined weight watchers on line and it was great but I had to stop because I am busy at present. I will rejoin again in a few weeks.
Maybe we should start our own Girls weight program and amount of calories eaten and calories used in exercise.
Yes I will start that thread tomorrow.
It will be like this. Calories burned for the day 650 and calories consumed 1650 so that means you have really only eaten 1000, negative balance so weight loss will happen. At the moment it is the other way around for me. :(
Last edited by Apple on Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christine Tham

Postby Christine Tham » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:19 am

Glad it was raining this morning - I was so not motivated to go out cycling.

Is it wrong to wish for bad weather and to feel elated rather than go out for a ride? :oops:
Weekdays: "Bliss" (Trek Madone 5.2 2012) | Weekends: "Cadel" (self built) | Casual: "Kitty" (Giant Cypress LDS 2009)

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:00 pm

I slept in this morning... I'm riding tomorrow... no need to do anything today!!!

:mrgreen:

Apple

Postby Apple » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:47 pm

I didnt ride this morning, due to rain, but I did swim at 6am 1.5km

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:02 pm

Apple wrote: You love the Trainer :shock: I hate it.
Not your average trainer though I must admit. Tacx Fortius. I plug in my laptop, choose a course, and peddle. I can turn on weather (so have head and tail wind), I need to steer or I crash, and the device controls the resistance on hills and gives me a free ride on the downhills. Still can't stop peddling though so now when I'm out on the road I still peddle my downhills - which is what everyone says you should do but who ever listens when you are knackered and just glad you made it to the top without falling off cos you went so slow?? :D

Oh yeah...getting out of bed for me was a huge effort today (lazy dayz!!). 50kms to chalk up...losing what little motivation I have...aargh!! Maybe I should go stand on the scales?!

Apple

Postby Apple » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:34 pm

Oh well that's different now. I wouldn’t mind being on a trainer like that.
I did stand on the scale and it wasn’t nice.
:cry: :oops:

damhooligan

Postby damhooligan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:05 pm

Apple wrote:I didnt ride this morning, due to rain, but I did swim at 6am 1.5km
Sorry , but the rain prevented you from riding, i'm guessing because you would get wet??
yet you go swimming instead, wich wil make you wet...
Mmmm :lol:
The dutch have one word to describe the aussie MHL, this word is ;
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:02 pm

Nah...she didn't want to get her bike wet!! Us women don't mind getting wet. :wink:

stargazir

Postby stargazir » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:46 pm

Happy (belated) Birthday Apple! I hope I get to have Moet on Wednesday (sounds like a good birthday plan)

As it stopped raining in Sydney around lunchtime I rode a whole new section of the Western Sydney Parklands track - 28km total which is lots for me. The wind definately wasn't my friend today though.

fleecedog

Postby fleecedog » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:57 pm

This is quite exciting I must confess.

Today - rolled out of bed at 9:30, walked the dog, skipped breakfast, did my homework and went around to the city for tutoring (woo hoo!) Had a delightful meal consisting of fried chicken (chicken kara-age with rice- felt extremely guilty about it after but man it was good) before heading around to my better half's place, and to discovered with much delight that he had bought kettlebells for me with the knowledge that I can't fit in any riding time during the school term.

So, he's been trying to convince me for months and months and months that kettlebells are not like weights, that it's genuinely fun to use them. The whole idea of doing weights disgusts, repulses and bores me to death so I wasn't convinced until I tried out the 4kg and the 8kg ones this afternoon. And wow, it really is fun! and challenging! But most of all you FEEL the muscles working and you FEEL the extra rolls squirming and tensing and working their fat off. It really is exciting and I can't wait to play with them for a bit more. Did about 20-30 minutes of half arsed exercises with them and phew I was a bit sore after.

I might trade in spinning on a trainer (bores me to death, nothing like getting out on the road if you ask me) to do kettlebells in my room. :)

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:35 am

Just finished an early 60km, decided I was tough enough to go out without longs on.. And without leg warmers... It's way cold in Melbourne this morning, I'm now at the coffee shop standing in front of the oven annoying the chef... It's warmer in the kitchen, waiting for my eggs...

Back to training though nice average of 32km/h... I want to go back to bed

Apple

Postby Apple » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:56 am

stargazir wrote:Happy (belated) Birthday Apple! I hope I get to have Moet on Wednesday (sounds like a good birthday plan)

Thank you very much stargazir. Yes you must have Moet on your birthday :D
I wasn't sure if I would go out today but I did and was happy with my ride after not being riding for a while, even ran into a younger cute guy I used to ride with, must say it was good eye candy for me and motivated me even more. I took out one of my husband’s work Colleague and he really needed to HTFU. Not to worry I was as patient as I could be. We rode about 42km very hilly Akuna bay.