I'm in LOVE

Got Questions? Need advice?
Join other women in discussing cycling.

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby Missy24 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:20 pm

mikesbytes wrote:Hey Missy, here's some Bont's to go with the bike

http://bicycling.com/blogs/fitchick/2009/11/16/in-the-pink/

New shoes, go on, put them on the card

Thanks for that Mike... need to have some white on them shoes though! And maybe some glitter :wink:
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

by BNA » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:22 pm

BNA
 

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:22 pm

fleecedog wrote:[Gosh - who'd want to replace their Spanish beauty (the Orbea) with something else? Though I would still trade in my baby for say, a Pinarello.. or a Time... or a Look..... hmmmmm but nothing less.... something along the lines of this perhaps? :D


The new baby is a Pinarello
A helmet saved my life
User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 14731
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby fleecedog » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:35 pm

mikesbytes wrote:
fleecedog wrote:[Gosh - who'd want to replace their Spanish beauty (the Orbea) with something else? Though I would still trade in my baby for say, a Pinarello.. or a Time... or a Look..... hmmmmm but nothing less.... something along the lines of this perhaps? :D


The new baby is a Pinarello


Ah. I see.

I am intensely jealous :evil:
User avatar
fleecedog
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:01 pm

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:50 pm

fleecedog wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:
fleecedog wrote:[Gosh - who'd want to replace their Spanish beauty (the Orbea) with something else? Though I would still trade in my baby for say, a Pinarello.. or a Time... or a Look..... hmmmmm but nothing less.... something along the lines of this perhaps? :D


The new baby is a Pinarello


Ah. I see.

I am intensely jealous :evil:


She's a DINK
A helmet saved my life
User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 14731
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby trailgumby » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:22 pm

JohnJoyner wrote:Sorry, but I reckon that fork only on one side is ugly... It has fallen off the ugly tree & hit every branch on the way down... :wink:
But of course that is my opinion & each to their own...

That's only because you haven't ridden one. EVERYone who rides my bike for the first time goes "ohhhhhh niiiiice...." about the fork. When they go back their own they have one of those Eureka! moments. Especially when they get on the brakes and notice how much of a wet noodle their fork is.

They're as stiff as a dual-crown downhill fork, and as light as a Rockshox SID. Part 1 of the video below is about the Scalpel, Part 2 focusses on the Lefty:


I do get lots of "Maaaate! What's happened to your FORK!?" which now gets a " :shock: Dude, you're right! Did you see where it went?"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
User avatar
trailgumby
 
Posts: 10204
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby fleecedog » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:48 pm

mikesbytes wrote:
She's a DINK


Added to my list of goals. Become a DINK so I can own a fleet of 10 grand bikes.

Take a LOOK, who wants kids when you can have a good TIME?
User avatar
fleecedog
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:01 pm

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby moosterbounce » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:34 pm

fleecedog wrote:Take a LOOK, who wants kids when you can have a good TIME?


:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was really funny. Mr Moo currently rides a Look bike. My next bike will be a Time.

And yes...we are dinks in the true sense as I believe you can't really claim dogs as children!!
moosterbounce
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2451
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 8:06 pm
Location: Rivervale WA

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby Chaderotti » Sun May 02, 2010 1:34 pm

5k, pretty good deal with carbon wheels. If it's the best deal around who cares about the colour?
Princess
Mistress = Pinarello Opera, Ultegra SL
Mistress #2 = Drag Bluebird
Chaderotti
 
Posts: 4357
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:09 pm
Location: Morley, WA

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby Missy24 » Sun May 02, 2010 1:54 pm

Chaderotti wrote:5k, pretty good deal with carbon wheels. If it's the best deal around who cares about the colour?

actually 5k was just for the frame
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby mikesbytes » Thu May 06, 2010 12:08 am

A helmet saved my life
User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 14731
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby Christine Tham » Thu May 06, 2010 8:32 am

Thanks - that was really good

i think i may copy some of the rgb values and use it to customise my ubuntu theme.
Weekdays: "Bliss" (Trek Madone 5.2 2012) | Weekends: "Cadel" (self built) | Casual: "Kitty" (Giant Cypress LDS 2009)
User avatar
Christine Tham
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:45 pm

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby Missy24 » Sat May 15, 2010 11:37 am

Missy24 wrote:But I also LOVE this

Image

Deposit went down on this one today, considering some new wheels for the roadie as well and some new cranks, not getting enough power out of my cranks and Rob tells me I need a bigger ring... okie dokely... and a new set up to a more agressive position.... he says I should be riding at consistantly 40km/h... he seems to think I can do it... strange man, its taken a while for me to get used to Rob, but I think he's alright!

He also says I should get new wheels... 606's?
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby fleecedog » Sat May 15, 2010 7:18 pm

Missy24 wrote:
He also says I should get new wheels... 606's?


YUM!!! Me likey.

Although I'm too short and my frames are too small to pull off the deep dish look. They make my bike look even more dwarf than it already is. I borrowed a pair of 404s and it just looked out of proportion.

:(
User avatar
fleecedog
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:01 pm

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby trailgumby » Sat May 29, 2010 12:32 pm

Missy24 wrote:
Missy24 wrote:But I also LOVE this

Image

Deposit went down on this one today, considering some new wheels for the roadie as well and some new cranks, not getting enough power out of my cranks and Rob tells me I need a bigger ring... okie dokely... and a new set up to a more agressive position.... he says I should be riding at consistantly 40km/h... he seems to think I can do it... strange man, its taken a while for me to get used to Rob, but I think he's alright!

He also says I should get new wheels... 606's?


How many more sleeps to go?
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
User avatar
trailgumby
 
Posts: 10204
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby Missy24 » Sat May 29, 2010 12:44 pm

Toooooooooo many I think it's still being made
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby flammer » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:36 am

vive la France

Image
The Tao is like a bellows: 
it is empty yet infinitely capable.
SynapseLiquigas Mt Fuji Pro
CAAD 7 Reborn as Cyclocross Gazelle AA Special
User avatar
flammer
 
Posts: 4454
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:17 pm
Location: Goulburn Valley Vic.

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby brentono » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:22 pm

The Factor 001, dubbed the "world's most advanced bicycle" is now being made available to the general public.
Priced at US$36,000 and upwards, you can order one of these from London department store Harrods. :shock:

Unable to sell, maybe the design department should have made it PINK. :)

Image
Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.
User avatar
brentono
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: Perth DubyaEh.

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby Missy24 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:25 pm

You'd think they'd make a bike like that with a bit of WANK in it...

Just FYI... this thread is about bike LOVE... flammer and brentono, do you LOVE these bikes?

Don't turn it into a hate thread, lets keep it as p0rn
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby flammer » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:42 pm

Missy, I revealed my new love in a dimly lit room. Her curves highlighted by shadow, her tones caressed by the light. And you ask do I love her truly? Such slings and arrows test my resolve to love at all. :cry:
The Tao is like a bellows: 
it is empty yet infinitely capable.
SynapseLiquigas Mt Fuji Pro
CAAD 7 Reborn as Cyclocross Gazelle AA Special
User avatar
flammer
 
Posts: 4454
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:17 pm
Location: Goulburn Valley Vic.

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby Missy24 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:44 pm

flammer wrote:Missy, I revealed my new love in a dimly lit room. Her curves highlighted by shadow, her tones caressed by the light. And you ask do I love her truly? Such slings and arrows test my resolve to love at all. :cry:

Hey I like the Look its pppppretttttttttttttttty
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby brentono » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:55 pm

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
I see many bikes I don't like... here.
As for "love", I would have a Factor 001 if they gave it to me, it may be a nice ride.
You'd probably take one too, if they "Pinked" it!
The point is now matter how it's presented, it's just not selling, work that out.
"Don't be a hater" :wink:
Cheers,
BrentonO
Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.
User avatar
brentono
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: Perth DubyaEh.

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby flammer » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:59 pm



How can anyone say that the teal, as represented here, is blue? It's green! If it's bluey-green, it's still a variation on green.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. A woman with an ugly husband said that. :lol:
The Tao is like a bellows: 
it is empty yet infinitely capable.
SynapseLiquigas Mt Fuji Pro
CAAD 7 Reborn as Cyclocross Gazelle AA Special
User avatar
flammer
 
Posts: 4454
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:17 pm
Location: Goulburn Valley Vic.

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby Bruce » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Missy24 wrote:You'd think they'd make a bike like that with a bit of WANK in it...

Just FYI... this thread is about bike LOVE... flammer and brentono, do you LOVE these bikes?

Don't turn it into a hate thread, lets keep it as p0rn

Harrods! isnt that enough 'wank' factor? anyway wont be harrods soon :)
Orbea Euskaltel ;Dura-Ace,Ultegra
Orbea Erandio-Hybrid
Catlike helmet
Bruce
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:45 pm
Location: Perth- West Australia-NOR

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby Missy24 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:19 pm

Bruce wrote:
Missy24 wrote:You'd think they'd make a bike like that with a bit of WANK in it...

Just FYI... this thread is about bike LOVE... flammer and brentono, do you LOVE these bikes?

Don't turn it into a hate thread, lets keep it as p0rn

Harrods! isnt that enough 'wank' factor? anyway wont be harrods soon :)

Ummmm Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo please... there's a much higher class than Harrods, Harrods used to be top stuff, its just a department store now
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

Re: I'm in LOVE

Postby Bruce » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Im glad you havnt got my credit card :lol:
Orbea Euskaltel ;Dura-Ace,Ultegra
Orbea Erandio-Hybrid
Catlike helmet
Bruce
 
Posts: 513
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:45 pm
Location: Perth- West Australia-NOR

PreviousNext

Return to Women's Cycling

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU



InTouch with BNA
“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter