I really need motivation,

Apple

I really need motivation,

Postby Apple » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:49 am

My mind has chronic fatigue due to things that need to be done e.g. Tax, BAS, moving house, packing the whole family, telling people where to find me (not everyone). So much to do. Because of this mental fatigue, my body follows and I am not motivated to pull my finger out to ride and do all the things that make me euphoric and feel on top of the world.
I need a pick me up like those berocca adds.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

bella26

Re: I really need motivation,

Postby bella26 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:22 am

I've been there many a time before and I actually find that if I do pull my finger out and go on that ride I feel even more euphoric for it. If I relent and don't go out for a pedal I beat myself up and feel even worse. I also find for me riding is the best way to clear the mind of all that nattering clutter that is the cause of all my stressful frustrations! So go on apple dust off those pedals and go out for a spin - you know you'll love it! :D
2014 Bianchi Infinito CV 2012 Wilier Gran Turismo 2012 Specialized Epic FSR Comp 29er

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:47 am

When I'm down and lacking motivation I ride to the coffee shop... treat myself to a good coffee, some lovely poached eggs on toast and then after a few hours of chatting to the chef, waiters and brilliant coffee makers, I head on home to do a few things at home and try to get the motivation sorted for the next day.

Sometimes its okay to be in a rut, you've got a lot on at the moment, and sometimes its okay to be lazy or not feel motivated...

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:03 pm

bella26 wrote:I've been there many a time before and I actually find that if I do pull my finger out and go on that ride I feel even more euphoric for it. If I relent and don't go out for a pedal I beat myself up and feel even worse. I also find for me riding is the best way to clear the mind of all that nattering clutter that is the cause of all my stressful frustrations! So go on apple dust off those pedals and go out for a spin - you know you'll love it! :D
:D

Thanks Bella26, I left right after I read your post. I had a great time, I rode in Centennial Park and hung behind a couple of baby boomers and ended up doing 38km.
Very pleased with myself.
Thank goodness you motivated me, I was hanging around the male nuts thread and I really don’t belong there it was just wrong. :shock:
:lol:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

hannos

Postby hannos » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:32 pm

Apple wrote:My mind has chronic fatigue due to things that need to be done e.g. Tax, BAS, moving house, packing the whole family, telling people where to find me (not everyone). So much to do. Because of this mental fatigue, my body follows and I am not motivated to pull my finger out to ride and do all the things that make me euphoric and feel on top of the world.
I need a pick me up like those berocca adds.

Sounds like just the thing a ride would help fix!
2010 BMC SLC01

ClownBoy

Postby ClownBoy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:06 pm

I once read a university study paper that said 2 hours of exercise in the morning has a similar impact on healthy brain function as an additional 2 hours sleep.

I agree that a good ride each morning will help you get this stuff churned over and finished.

However if you REALLY need help (I might know someone who can sell you some speed.)

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:07 pm

ClownBoy wrote: However if you REALLY need help (I might know someone who can sell you some speed.)
LMAO

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:12 pm

ClownBoy wrote: However if you REALLY need help (I might know someone who can sell you some speed.)
PM me ASAP

ClownBoy

Postby ClownBoy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:13 pm

Missy24 wrote:
LMAO
http://www.mavic.com/triathlon/products ... 543.1.aspx

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sat May 08, 2010 8:06 am

Sometimes its tough when a lots going on with life.

Cycling is a reward and one idea is that when you have done certain chores, cycling is a reward.
What this could do is help you focus on efficiently getting chores done, problems solved to then reward yourself with cycling.

I will PM you a reading suggestion, everyone has time to read :)
The author I have in mind had strategies for settings priorities that help you get more important things done more quickly... and have time for other important things like family time and time for yourself.
Cycling is in my BNA

Pax

Postby Pax » Sat May 08, 2010 11:26 am

So how is the motivation going and has life settled a bit since the packing etc??? Moving house is a huge job and it takes a while to settle into the new place.

Hope you are back on the bike enjoying yourself....

Apple

Postby Apple » Thu May 13, 2010 5:50 pm

Thank you guys.
The move was stressful, I didn’t have internet for about a week.
So many things to do. I have been cleaning cleaning and more cleaning. Got the unpacking done and organised all the trades men that I needed. Even had all the hooks up in the garages for my beautiful bikes.
I will take myself out on Sunday for a beautiful me time on the bike.
I am a woman with a mission, that mission is almost compete.

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:30 pm

Apple wrote:organised all the trades men that I needed.
Could you send me one? I need something to look at all, all we've got down here is skinny rad hipsters on fixed gear...

Glad to see you back, missed you!

Pax

Postby Pax » Thu May 13, 2010 9:43 pm

Apple wrote: I have been cleaning cleaning and more cleaning.....I will take myself out on Sunday for a beautiful me time on the bike.
Isn't it frustrating how you scrub clean the place you leave then you have to clean the one you move to!!!

Enjoy your ride on Sunday

Apple

Postby Apple » Thu May 13, 2010 9:52 pm

Pax wrote: Isn't it frustrating how you scrub clean the place you leave then you have to clean the one you move to!!!

Enjoy your ride on Sunday
Yes so true, but I am anal about cleanliness, I think I am a germ phobic the house we sold was new; I designed it, the one we moved to is 100 years old with 100 years of dirt.
Thank you Pax, I enjoy myself on Sunday, it will be nice to ride early morning with nature even if it is slow and coooooooooooooooooold

Christine Tham

Postby Christine Tham » Fri May 14, 2010 8:58 am

Apple wrote: Yes so true, but I am anal about cleanliness, I think I am a germ phobic the house we sold was new; I designed it, the one we moved to is 100 years old with 100 years of dirt.
Thank you Pax, I enjoy myself on Sunday, it will be nice to ride early morning with nature even if it is slow and coooooooooooooooooold
You didn't clean the house prior to the cleaners coming, did you? :P

You should come with us on the next Wimp ride. Don't worry about speed because we will try to have lots of regroup points. We need more Princesses and less Poseurs. :lol:
Weekdays: "Bliss" (Trek Madone 5.2 2012) | Weekends: "Cadel" (self built) | Casual: "Kitty" (Giant Cypress LDS 2009)

Apple

Postby Apple » Fri May 14, 2010 7:31 pm

Yes Christine, I did and I also cleaned with them. The place looks much better.
Seeing I have done all the cleaning and the place feels like home, I will take myself for a ride in the morning, a day earlier and I will also go on Sunday if motivated.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri May 14, 2010 11:27 pm

Go for it Apple, ride both days. You've earnt it.

Don't forget. "Your bum looks better on a bike." How's that for motivation? :)

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Apple

Postby Apple » Mon May 17, 2010 7:06 am

Thank you Shaun,

I didn't ride on Saturday but I sure had a big ride on Sunday. It was great.

Christine Tham

Postby Christine Tham » Mon May 17, 2010 8:29 am

Apple wrote:Thank you Shaun,

I didn't ride on Saturday but I sure had a big ride on Sunday. It was great.
Wasn't it a great day for riding? I was with a group, and we went through a part of the Northern Beaches that I've never been on. Any new route is an interesting experience. It was a bit too industrial and had too many roundabouts for my liking though.
Weekdays: "Bliss" (Trek Madone 5.2 2012) | Weekends: "Cadel" (self built) | Casual: "Kitty" (Giant Cypress LDS 2009)

Apple

Postby Apple » Mon May 17, 2010 9:35 pm

Christine Tham wrote:Wasn't it a great day for riding? I was with a group, and we went through a part of the Northern Beaches that I've never been on. Any new route is an interesting experience. It was a bit too industrial and had too many roundabouts for my liking though.
That area is called warriewood, I also don't like it.