Female specific arm and leg warmers and now... Bibs

Dave R32

Female specific arm and leg warmers and now... Bibs

Postby Dave R32 » Tue May 18, 2010 4:09 pm

My wife started riding a roadie late last year and has enjoyed it during the summer months. Now things are cooling down we are looking around for arm and leg warmers.

She tried on my leg warmers, which are sized small and they fitted ok around the thigh, but are too long and too big on the calves. My arm warmers, again small size, slid straight off her biceps !!! ( I have skinny arms and legs so I wear small despite of the fact I am 180cm)

She is petite, 157cm (5' 2") and about the right weight for her height. The females I / we ride with on weekends arent much help as they are taller and get away with mens warmers. We have done the rounds of the LBS and they only have mens sizes so we are looking online.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Dave...and Angela.
Last edited by Dave R32 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avanti Vivace = Sold | Trek Madone = Cracked | '12 Caad10 = Sold | Pinarello SDG3K | '14 Caad10 & Bianchi Pista

fleecedog

Re: Female specific arm and leg warmers ?

Postby fleecedog » Tue May 18, 2010 6:00 pm

I'm around your wife's size too and believe me I had soooo much fun (not) finding arm/leg warmers which fit me.

AT the end of the day, the women's specific warmers fit (look on Team Estrogen. There are brands like Terry and SheBeest and stuff) but they were too limited in range and the only next two I found were Descent arm/legwarmers in a XS/S or Netti size small, the latter I own and am very happy with!

Those two are the only brands I've found that made unisex small enough for women. Don't bother with brands like Assos and Pearl Izumi as their size small is way too big

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Tue May 18, 2010 6:56 pm

I read somewhere that theres a US size and an Italian/Euro size? Not sure how much truth there is to it, sounds reasonable considering the average waistlines of the two?

Anyway, I was and still am a skinny bugger. Started riding at around 58kg[now 67] And I use Santini and found them to be the best fit out of the pearl izumi and netti's.

ratter

Postby ratter » Tue May 18, 2010 7:09 pm

Try Here

http://www.avantiplus.com.au/products/s ... rm-warmers

Just got some for my wife, also have leg warmers etc on the site

emc

Postby emc » Wed May 19, 2010 10:45 am

For something a bit different and feminine they have lots of funky bike wear (including arm warmers) for women on here-

http://www.terrybicycles.com/

I buy alot of stuff from Terry when it is on sale. Postage is a bit steep and usually takes a few weeks so I buy up big and preempt!

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Wed May 19, 2010 9:03 pm

Thanks to all for the replies.....Ange has something to browse through now !!!

Cheers
Dave.
Avanti Vivace = Sold | Trek Madone = Cracked | '12 Caad10 = Sold | Pinarello SDG3K | '14 Caad10 & Bianchi Pista

Ruby

Postby Ruby » Fri May 21, 2010 12:55 pm

I am the same height as your wife and the xs pearl izumi arm warmers fit me fine.

Sugoi also make quite small sized.

gorilla monsoon

Postby gorilla monsoon » Fri May 21, 2010 5:27 pm

Dave, my wife grabbed my old knee warmers and elbow warmers and they were perfect for her entire leg and arm lengths!

Think a bit laterally when you hit the bike shop.

On the other side of the coin, when I wanted warm legs but not too hot she took me to the hosiery section of Big W or K Mart and bought me 120-denier tights "for the larger lady" and, you guessed it, they fiotted like a glove.

Fishnets next! :D
Not my circus, not my monkeys

miyata84

Postby miyata84 » Fri May 21, 2010 6:17 pm

try shespoke.com ...I bought some arm coolers from them recently.

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Fri May 21, 2010 6:38 pm

gorilla monsoon wrote: Fishnets next! :D
:D :D ....just be careful you dont do an ankle when attempting to walk in her stillettos :D

Cheers
Dave.

gorilla monsoon

Postby gorilla monsoon » Tue May 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Dave R32 wrote:
gorilla monsoon wrote: Fishnets next! :D
:D :D ....just be careful you dont do an ankle when attempting to walk in her stillettos :D

Cheers
Dave.
Waddaya think I am, weird or something? :D
Not my circus, not my monkeys

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri May 28, 2010 6:34 pm

vinvin

Postby vinvin » Sun May 30, 2010 7:47 am

Hi, I have SUB warmers that I am pretty happy with...

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:12 pm

This is soooooooooo next of my shopping list: fashionable arm and leg UV protectors.

The lack of fashionable wear in cycling clothes is bringing out the feminine in me.

I have come across the following: Moeben which has a good range of bright, colourful arm protectors. I just had to LOL at the zebra, giraffe and leopard prints. Rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

http://www.moeben.com/

and Sugoi

http://www.this link is broken/p/cycle/7/Sugoi ... 360045287/

a bit vulgar for my liking but at least a sign that these protectors need not be block colours.

Net-a-porter is missing out on this niche.
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:25 pm

I'll stick with black arm warmers, those others where just U G L Y imho

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm just trying to find some decent bibs and jersey that look nice, with some colour!

Do any of you girls wear mens bibs?? There's not much of a range for womens bib's without paying a fortune...my first venture into buying bibs from Wiggle was not a sucess as I end up with a almost see through pair of bibs :shock: fortunately the returns system was fairly quick and easy!

I've found She Spoke, but I'm not much into pink...which as an aside, why do 'they' think that if you're a female and you ride that you must want everything with pink/purple???...even the WSD bikes are in girly colours! (rant over)
Lisa

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:59 pm

Check out Tiffany Cromwell, www.tiffanycromwell.com.au and www.rmgsport.com

RMG Sport is owned by Rochelle Gilmore, I've just been trying out Rochelle's kit and it is awesome, colours designed by Tiffany Cromwell.

Tiffany's kit is also great, but you don't like pinks and purples...

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:00 pm

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:13 pm

Thanks Missy for those links...I like the gear at RMGSport....a little bit of pink/purple is ok, the stuff at TiffanyJane is a bit too much for me!

I'd like a jersey with a bit of colour for extra visability on the roads.

Have you tried the bibs/knicks yet? What is the chamios like?
Lisa

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:21 pm

marinmomma wrote: Have you tried the bibs/knicks yet? What is the chamios like?
The black stargazir kit from tiffany Jane isn't as loud as it looks online, and its actually really nice, I get heaps of compliments in it and the chamois is really good, although the shorts are rather short, shorter than regular shorts, have decided I like them short. Will be buying the white kit of the Alpine Classics.

The bib knicks are great, I've used them on rides of 110km and they're fine, the price is also good. This is what I am wearing at the moment, the blue colours are awesome... seriously cool ;)

http://www.rmgsport.com/Electric.php

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:00 pm

My wife loves her Skins bibs....we just wait for them to come on special and buy them then.

Cheers
Dave.

Ruby

Postby Ruby » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:34 am

marinmomma wrote: Do any of you girls wear mens bibs?? There's not much of a range for womens bib's without paying a fortune...my first venture into buying bibs from Wiggle was not a sucess as I end up with a almost see through pair of bibs :shock: fortunately the returns system was fairly quick and easy!
I wore a pair of mens bibs when I did the Alpine Classic and it was a MAJOR regret. I had a lycra emergency and bought them about a week before and just didn't do the distance in them and on the day I was in a world of discomfort. It was a lot of user error but I now stick with ladies bibs and shorts. I don't think there is anything special about my shape but the eight hour drive home was pretty uncomfortable so I don't risk it.

I have used both Pearl Izumi and Sugoi womens knicks and you can get some good deals at places like real cyclist when they clear their seasonal stock. The are pretty spendy but I have found they last longer than the cheaper ones and I think a bit more comfy.

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:40 pm

Just ordered some of these for Angela (my wife)

http://www.this link is broken/p/cycle/7/Giord ... 360050168/

Will let you know what she thinks of them. Sizing is interesting, usually she is a small, in these her measurements = large !!!

Cheers
Dave.

fleecedog

Re: Female specific arm and leg warmers and now... Bibs

Postby fleecedog » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:27 pm

Wow are you serious? I have the same measurements as your wife and I don't buy anything bigger than a small. I'm a XS in Assos which runs small, simply because I'm so short. I really really love my bibs nice and tight, like a second layer of skin against me so nothing rubs or chafes, so I actually buy all my bibs in the smallest size there is :) So I'm really curious as to how she finds them, particularly seeing as I don't like the way strap go across your breasts like the men's bibs, so I ride with Assos (with their nifty straps which go in between your !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !!) and Exte Ondo when the Assos are in the wash