Getting down and greasy

goodlookingcyclist

Re: Getting down and greasy

Postby goodlookingcyclist » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:41 pm

Drunkmonkey wrote:
Fabby wrote:Fleecedog, your right, some ppl should really lighten up!

If you dont want to read dolly-esque type threads - stay out of the womens section :mrgreen:
damn , am I in the womens section again... :oops:

mayby i have to seek medical advice... :lol:
Image Image Image

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:53 pm

Well-noticed :-P

Couldn't find a life cycle of a "bike purchase" but came across this instead:

Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:09 pm

Um.... well I had this reply thought up until I read the thread :shock: :shock:

This is a serious issue for females from what I can see and impinges on their ability to cycle in some cases. Some of the LBS run basic bike maintenance courses. :) Some of them may be free.

They might even be run by a HOT instructor... oh sorry :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:15 pm

Female equivalent:

And I couldn't believe she had the producers fired from the show! (well I can since she's part of THAT family but still...)

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv- ... 185rc.html

Fred Nurk

Postby Fred Nurk » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:03 pm

fleecedog wrote:Ok guys - it's called chilling. Seriously, it's a joke. I'm not looking to rebound with any guys any time soon. Does sarcasm actually cease to exist on the internet? :O No need to become all educational - especially you Commurider :lol: Your post made me LOL. Seriously, doesn't my sarcasm come through when I use the words "bike slave"? Do you really think I'm out to enslave another man so he can grease my chain? Your inability to decipher humor amuses me greatly :) To think that I'm so weak as to get a new bike because it 'reminds' me of him is just absurd. Once I'm over someone, it's over. Bikes, presents, etc cease to have relevance - If material objects serve as reminders of your ex and is a emotional blow to you, I'm sorry, then you're probably mentally weak.

And in all honesty, what's wrong with seeking a new friend or potential partner in a hobby? I don't ride because of my ex - I ride because I love riding. So just chill. Besides, even if I rebound with any 'nice' guys, it's none of your business anyway! To hand me a list of relationship books is just plain silly and lacks infinite maturity on your behalf. :shock: Oh and uh, thanks for the ISBNs too! I'll be sure to look them up at Borders tomorrow /sarcasm.

On the other hand - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A little bit of logic sure did help. Bike is all up and running beautifully on the trainer. Just having fun doing minor adjustments like the saddle and handlebars before popping out for a ride tomorrow. I've learnt more in a few hours than I did in a year. Oh it feels good to be independent.
More to the point, its not clear as to whether or not sarcasm ever existed on the internet, rather than whether it disappeared.

If it does, its probably stored next to the secret recipe for coke, all those russian conspiracy theories, and whole servers dedicated to tracking down Elvis after his last sighting.

fleecedog

Postby fleecedog » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:46 pm

Well guys I didn't expect my thread to become so popular and turn into a orgy of puns and slurs. All of which I must admit I shamelessly enjoy. :lol: BRING IT ON.
Comedian wrote: This is a serious issue for females from what I can see and impinges on their ability to cycle in some cases. Some of the LBS run basic bike maintenance courses. :) Some of them may be free.

They might even be run by a HOT instructor... oh sorry :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
It really is. I've never had a issue with not being able to find anyone to fix my bike for me, slave or not. I'm god-awful at the basic bike mechanics (albeit slowly and steadily getting there. Practised and practised at home in case I get a flat on my next ride. Fine tuned the breaks, oiled my chain, did a bit of tweaking after spinning on the trainer and I think she's ready to go. :mrgreen: A bit of muscle and logic goes a long way.)

In the past, I've only ever ridden with men. I have run into trouble on the road before, definitely, but the next bunch of cyclists have always stopped and lent me a hand, my personal slave or not. Hell, people in cars stop and help me if I have a flat. (However, the nightmare of being stranded in boganland has always crossed my mind) I have male cyclist friends who have crashed, ended up bruised and bloody on the side of the road and no one will stop their car. It's a demonstration of sexism at it's worst :( So not having to do any actual bike work has left me with zero knowledge and skill in this area. I have been mollycoddled but I refuse to be so useless now! Ding ding ding. :D
goodlookingcyclist wrote:Image
That's Victoria Pendleton is it not?
I will take her legs, lungs, heart, skills and her slave. Thank you.

Christine Tham wrote:

Treat her advice as "big sister" talk - you may not like it, but it's good for you.

As for me, I am always willing to offer myself, but with my looks and my age, I think I need to pay.
No I have not realised. That is the most enlightening thing I've read on the thread all day! :roll: And they wonder why us women are our own worst enemies. In all seriousness, even if you can't pick up my sarcasm or appreciate my crass and sometimes downright offensive humor, why would anyone sane come looking for life advice on a cycling forum? :wink: :wink: :wink: (see my use of emoticon? - SARCASM ALERT) Sister, I can do without the didactic tales on morality, karma and rebounds.

And Christine, I'll take you and your posse of hello kitties any day. For you it will of course be free of charge :oops:

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:39 am

CommuRider wrote:Female equivalent:

And I couldn't believe she had the producers fired from the show! (well I can since she's part of THAT family but still...)

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv- ... 185rc.html
I would have fired them as well

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:14 am

fleecedog wrote:And they wonder why us women are our own worst enemies. ...Sister, I can do without the didactic tales on morality, karma and rebounds.
You could tone down your aggression, defensiveness and anger when criticised. If you cannot handle or deflect criticism in a rational manner then I'm afraid the real world will have little tolerance for your petty, ranting outbursts.

Think before you post.

hannos

Postby hannos » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:16 am

CommuRider wrote:
fleecedog wrote:And they wonder why us women are our own worst enemies. ...Sister, I can do without the didactic tales on morality, karma and rebounds.
You could tone down your aggression, defensiveness and anger when criticised. If you cannot handle or deflect criticism in a rational manner then I'm afraid the real world will have little tolerance for your petty, ranting outbursts.

Think before you post.

+1

You sound like a spoilt petulant child.
2010 BMC SLC01

m@

Postby m@ » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:22 am

[mod hat] That'll be enough personal observations and psychoanalysis people. Please keep on-topic or don't post. [/mod hat]
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:27 am

Ok mod.

I'll censor myself from the thread :-)

goodlookingcyclist

Postby goodlookingcyclist » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:44 am

fleecedog wrote:It really is. I've never had a issue with not being able to find anyone to fix my bike for me, slave or not. I'm god-awful at the basic bike mechanics (albeit slowly and steadily getting there. Practised and practised at home in case I get a flat on my next ride. Fine tuned the breaks, oiled my chain, did a bit of tweaking after spinning on the trainer and I think she's ready to go. :mrgreen: A bit of muscle and logic goes a long way.)

In the past, I've only ever ridden with men. I have run into trouble on the road before, definitely, but the next bunch of cyclists have always stopped and lent me a hand, my personal slave or not. Hell, people in cars stop and help me if I have a flat. (However, the nightmare of being stranded in boganland has always crossed my mind) I have male cyclist friends who have crashed, ended up bruised and bloody on the side of the road and no one will stop their car. It's a demonstration of sexism at it's worst :( So not having to do any actual bike work has left me with zero knowledge and skill in this area. I have been mollycoddled but I refuse to be so useless now! Ding ding ding. :D
At least you are aware of the fact that because you are a woman your need for mechanical skills is not that high. (compared to men)
But it is still there..., it never hurts to have the skills as a back up, even if you never need to use them.

p.s, the lady in the picture is Jess Varnish.
Image Image Image

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:03 pm

Did someone delete my post? :mrgreen:
Last edited by m@ on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod says: yes. Refer to post three posts up.

brentono

Postby brentono » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Apple wrote:Young people today :roll:
What happened to the good old days when you just mucked around maybe got picked up, had a wild evening maybe progressed into the night.
But Noooooooooooooooooooooo, today we use the internet.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, computer hermits.

You should meet up for a ride and invite a friend each, then go out for coffee with your best Lycra.
:wink:
+1

[mod edit: image removed.]
Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.

goodlookingcyclist

Postby goodlookingcyclist » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:08 pm

Missy24 wrote:Did someone delete my post? :mrgreen:
I defenatly did not.
I like your posts
Image Image Image

goodlookingcyclist

Postby goodlookingcyclist » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:09 pm

brentono wrote: [mod edit: image removed.]

8)
Image Image Image

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:09 pm

goodlookingcyclist wrote:
I defenatly did not.
I like your posts
All I wanted to say was, I htink fleecedog is on the money! Commu-what-her-name not so much on the money

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:10 pm

*think

goodlookingcyclist

Postby goodlookingcyclist » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:23 pm

Missy24 wrote:
I defenatly did not.
I like your posts
All I wanted to say was, I htink fleecedog is on the money! Commu-what-her-name not so much on the money
I think you just did that. :wink:

(just a shame i missed the picture, wich means the mods are quick today.)
Image Image Image

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Missy24 wrote:
I defenatly did not.
I like your posts
I think you just did that. :wink:

(just a shame i missed the picture, wich means the mods are quick today.)
OMGosh... the picture... everything vital was covered!

m@

Postby m@ » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:48 pm

[mod hat] Thread locked as it has obviously run its course. [/mod hat]
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe