Chafing. Not Chaffing

Got Questions? Need advice?
Join other women in discussing cycling.

Re: Chaffing.

Postby Apple » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:13 am

gorilla monsoon wrote:The problem is in the topic name: chaffing. You are sticking straw down your knicks!

Or did you mean you are "chafing"?

(Sorry, been up since 4am and am now sitting in Melbourne Airport waiting to go to a meeting at 11.30am so I'm just bored and spiteful.)

If it is chafing so be it, but it does feel like straw in my knicks. :P
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
Apple

by BNA » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:45 am

BNA

Postby ZepinAtor » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:45 am

I have very sensitive skin & have bad reactions from soap, grass & spider webs. On the soap front I wouldn't recommend anybody put it on their body & especially on the nether regions. I use an organic body wash all over such as "Natural Alternative", "Sukin", "Yes to Carrots" or any other non-sodium lauryl sulphate based products. They are perceived to be an expensive product, but you do buy it in 1 litre containers for about $20. The scent or non-perfume fragrances from these organic natural products are derived from oils & fruits such as pink grapefruit or lavender oil. Very nice !

I to have suffered severely from chafing (not chaffing) or as known in the cycling world "Monkey Butt". Chamois cream such as Aussie Butt cream are great & I find keeping dry, but not dried out in the crutch zone all other times apart from cycling important as well. I use Johnson's baby powder which is actually pure corn starch + added aloe & vitamin E & not talc which is very bad for you. It has been proven that talc can cause some cancers from entering the body from the under wear region.

The monkey butt definitely occurs more in sticky hot humid weather & with two particular brands of knicks I've used (Decente, about $150 retail & Pearlizumi $250 retail) it's also becomes worse as the knicks age. Sugoi have been great , but not in the cheap zone as far as bib pricing goes $250 +.

http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/

Gas propulsion.......it's natural don't fight it.
ZepinAtor

Re: Chafing. Not Chaffing

Postby Apple » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:05 pm

Thanks ZepinAtor
I am going to ride tomorrow I may do west head so it will be a longer ride. I will wear a newer pair of Knicks, and try some sort of cream. As I said before it is not my butt but the medical terminology is Labia majora, it sort of gets a blister. Ouch. :oops:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Apple

Postby Apple » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:04 pm

I rode as I said and the issue continues.
I think my anatomy is changing. :shock:
I have bought those new bandaids that are like soft skin. I can't even feel it's on.
Next time I ride which will be Thursday I will try it.

I can't believe this is happening, I remember reading this on an American forum once where this girl was thinking of having plastic surgery down there, I thought it was a joke thread. Now I know she was serious.
How is that for karma
Apple

Postby Missy24 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:06 pm

Have you thought about speaking to a doctor? A ladies bits doctor? I can't spell it and google isn't helping
Missy24

Postby Apple » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:23 pm

Missy24 wrote:Have you thought about speaking to a doctor? A ladies bits doctor? I can't spell it and google isn't helping

:lol:
everytime I do I end up sleeping with him :wink:
Apple

Postby Missy24 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Apple wrote:
Missy24 wrote:Have you thought about speaking to a doctor? A ladies bits doctor? I can't spell it and google isn't helping

Oh yeah I forgot about that, what does he think?
Missy24

Postby Apple » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:26 pm

Missy24 wrote:
Apple wrote:

Oh yeah I forgot about that, what does he think?

He thinks it’s an excuse :D
Apple

Postby Missy24 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:27 pm

Maybe he should get a vagina... oh right, I guess he's using yours
Missy24

Postby Apple » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:28 pm

Missy24 wrote:Maybe he should get a vagina... oh right, I guess he's using yours

LMFHO :lol: :lol: :lol:
ok you got me
Apple

Postby Missy24 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:29 pm

Apple wrote:
Missy24 wrote:Maybe he should get a vagina... oh right, I guess he's using yours

LMFHO :lol: :lol: :lol:
ok you got me

If he thinks its okay...
Missy24

Postby Apple » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:30 pm

erectile tissue always heals fast
Apple

Postby Missy24 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:32 pm

Apple wrote:erectile tissue always heals fast

I had no idea :lol:
Missy24

Postby Apple » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:34 pm

Missy24 wrote:

Yes it does, bounces straight back, you should see what a baby’s head does to it.
2 min later, you would have never known a watermelon just came out of it.
Apple

Postby Missy24 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:36 pm

Apple wrote:
Missy24 wrote:

Yes it does, bounces straight back, you should see what a baby’s head does to it.
2 min later, you would have never known a watermelon just came out of it.

I had no idea women gave birth to watermelon... so does that mean stalks really deliver the babies?
Missy24

Postby Apple » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:37 pm

same size as a baby.
Someone once asked me what it feels like to have a baby.
I told him to hold his top lip with two fingers with both hands and stretch it over his head.
Apple

Postby Missy24 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Apple wrote:same size as a baby.
I told him to hold his top lip with two fingers with both hands and stretch it over his head.

Oh my... I think I'll just never have sex again
Missy24

Postby Apple » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:40 pm

Missy24 wrote:

The sex part is ok, it's when they leave a sample of their DNA that is the problem :roll:
Apple

Postby Missy24 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Apple wrote:
Missy24 wrote:

The sex part is ok, it's when they leave a sample of their DNA that is the problem :roll:

There you go, failure... I couldn't have children unless I had a rich husband, children can't buy you a bicycle and this aint India
Missy24

Postby Apple » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:42 pm

Missy24 wrote:There you go, failure... I couldn't have children unless I had a rich husband, children can't buy you a bicycle and this aint India

She sees the light :P
Apple

Postby Missy24 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:43 pm

Apple wrote:
Missy24 wrote:There you go, failure... I couldn't have children unless I had a rich husband, children can't buy you a bicycle and this aint India

Oh... you have no idea how much I've seen the light in the last few days
Missy24

Postby Apple » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:44 pm

Missy24 wrote:
Apple wrote:

Oh... you have no idea how much I've seen the light in the last few days

Yes, very important.
Good night. I am tired now and you should also go to bed after your bad day.
Apple

Postby wombatK » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Apple wrote:2 min later, you would have never known a watermelon just came out of it.

That's only 'coz there's a special hormone released by the after-birth that totally
wipes a woman's memory of the pain she's just been through for the last few hours.
This was a invention that evolution came up with to ensure that most kids would
get a brother or sister.

Don't think that can have any relevance to your bicycle saddle predicament unless a clever
doctor (hubby ?) can figure a way of releasing said hormone without all the other
trouble of raisin' another kid for the next 50 years.
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia
wombatK

Postby Apple » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:52 pm

mitzikatzi wrote:I have also heard of ladies using Lucas Papaw Ointment to help with chaffing after the event.

Thank you mitzikatzi, I found this lucas papaw cream and will let you know how I go. thanks.
Apple

Postby buzz » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:29 am

I ride alot of kms and I ride everyday and have had some crazy battles with saddles sores. A good cream is vital for starters. I use the assos cream (u get it cheap from wiggle). It not only helps with prevention, but I think it also helps healing. Obviously u need to be super careful in keeping the area and Knicks clean, is you think it hurts now it will be much worse if infection gets in!

I have tried I few things over the years when wounds on my lady bits have got bad. One of the best is medical tape, I tape over the wound and that helps with the pain. The tape gets worn down rather than my skin. I have also at times used some extra padding. A couple of times it was getting quite bad so a taped over wound and then taped a piece of closed foam (like mats use on camping). It worked wonders, took a bit of trail and error to get foam size and placement right, but once that was mastered was awesome.

Also take a look at riding technique sometimes on very Long rides I get tired and get sloppy getting on and off the seat and in my positioning (bang down and sliding around), I found the more aware I was the less trouble I had. Also where are the wounds exactly? Is it even on both sides? If not it might be your dropping your hip or altering position from a body change e.g as result of a knot or muscle tightening over time. Also make sure nothing as changed on the bike, for instance your seat post may have slide down 1mm or cleats could have worn and a minor change such as these can cause major disruption!

Hope some of this has been helpful, if nothing else know there quite a few of us ladies out there suffering!

It's always cause and affect, so if u can find the cause you will be laughting.
buzz

PreviousNext

Return to Women's Cycling