Is it wrong

Got Questions? Need advice?
Join other women in discussing cycling.

Re: Is it wrong

Postby lovemybike » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:40 am

Apple? Could I join you and your neighbour and we could make it a threesome :) Oh...I mean a cycling threesome :wink:
Image
lovemybike
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Mt Annan, NSW

by BNA » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:44 am

BNA
 

Re: Is it wrong

Postby Semar » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:44 am

I'm trying to think of a way of informing Clitoria that her MAMIL isn't really up to your standard of man; but you're glad she's happy with him. :wink:
It’s more like our thoughts are thinking us than we are thinking them.
User avatar
Semar
 
Posts: 2881
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:14 pm
Location: Goulburn Valley

Re: Is it wrong

Postby sblack » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:25 pm

Hey Apple, while I agree that the main issue is one for Clitoria and her husband to work out perhaps something you could do to ease the situation is invite Clitoria to the post ride coffee?
Image
User avatar
sblack
 
Posts: 1294
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: Is it wrong

Postby MichaelB » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:55 pm

Easy solution, make Mr Clitoria get a signed note from her allowing him to ride with you and whatever post ride activities are allowed.

Easy, put the ball back in his court....
User avatar
MichaelB
 
Posts: 6824
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:29 am
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Is it wrong

Postby Eberbachl » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:32 pm

In this case it's possibly better not to take the ball out in the first place.

:lol:
Image
Eberbachl
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:07 am
Location: Doreen

Re: Is it wrong

Postby Apple » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:33 pm

Eberbachl wrote:In this case it's possibly better not to take the ball out in the first place.

:lol:


At present Clitoria has both balls.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Is it wrong

Postby Sydguy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Clittoria is a hell of a name. My vote is ride with who ever you want. Life is short!

Giddy up!

Jm
Sydguy
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:33 pm
Location: Sydney (Rhodes to City Commuter)

Re: Is it wrong

Postby winstonw » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:55 pm

sblack wrote:Hey Apple, while I agree that the main issue is one for Clitoria and her husband to work out perhaps something you could do to ease the situation is invite Clitoria to the post ride coffee?


nahhh....post ride coffee for non riding partners doesn't work...been there done that. They just get to see how well you get on with riders of the opposite sex....and then they hate them more, and use it against you during the week, without provocation.

one of the femmes in one of my groups is always asking me whether her butt muscle tone is improving. :roll:

Despite there being only one right answer to this, I call it how I see it; which is why she probably keeps asking me. I reckon she binge drinks/eats sometimes to see if I am honest. But I gotta say recently her glut max has been particularly conspicuous due to a noted paucity of subcutaneous fat.

So is it ok to have chats like this with neighbor's partners?
User avatar
winstonw
 
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Is it wrong

Postby wombatK » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:02 pm

winstonw wrote:
So is it ok to have chats like this with neighbor's partners?

It's ok to look at the menu - as long as you dine at home :|
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia
User avatar
wombatK
 
Posts: 5202
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:08 pm
Location: Yagoona, AU

Re: Is it wrong

Postby winstonw » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:08 pm

wombatK wrote:It's ok to look at the menu - as long as you dine at home :|


how about when they stand up in the coffee shop and tense it, and say "seriously, does it feel harder"? :?
User avatar
winstonw
 
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Is it wrong

Postby wombatK » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:11 pm

winstonw wrote:
wombatK wrote:It's ok to look at the menu - as long as you dine at home :|


how about when they stand up in the coffee shop and tense it, and say "seriously, does it feel harder"? :?

Looking is ok, feeling not ok. Correct reply is "what does Mr Clitoria think ?"
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia
User avatar
wombatK
 
Posts: 5202
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:08 pm
Location: Yagoona, AU

Re: Is it wrong

Postby trailgumby » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:49 pm

feral grasshopper wrote:@trailgumby and @winstonw, at the risk of taking u both seriously when you're not in fact serious, I have to say I think ur both overcooking this a little, are you saying that a man and a woman, married singularly or severally or not can't just be mates, that the mixing of the genders always has overtones or is it that Apple is just so dangerous? :twisted:

I am serious, in fact. Big trees start as small seeds. Yes, they can just be mates, but it is risky, there are often overtones and the response of others with gossip etc can be unhelpful and frequently damaging.

A clue is that the bloke's wife isn't so impressed. A second clue is that apple feels the need to ask - so she herself has a level of discomfort about this to start with.

I've come to the view that gut instincts are disobeyed at your peril.

The following is sound in my view.

winstonw wrote:It is probably more dodgy for the two of you to ride together with no others, on an ongoing basis. If you just did it half a dozen times to give him a few pointers, then that'd be acceptable in my books.

I suppose it depends on the length of rides too. An hour would be less an issue than 4 hours every weekend.

The two of you riding in a group on an ongoing basis would be acceptable I think.

Whatever, most of my riding buddies and myself have to offset the time invested in longer rides with ensuring spouses don't feel neglected.
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
User avatar
trailgumby
 
Posts: 10257
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Re: Is it wrong

Postby Old and Rusty » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:09 pm

lovemybike wrote:Apple? Could I join you and your neighbour and we could make it a threesome :) Oh...I mean a cycling threesome :wink:


I go cycling with her ^^^ and my wife doesn't mind. Maybe I'm one of the lucky few that have no insecurities or trust issues in their marriage but I seriously don't get some people. I think if there's silly jealousy or anxiety in a relationship then people need to work it out. Males and females can be mates.
"scaffolders, where learning to walk upright is in the training manual"
2011 Jamis Ventura Elite
2011 Pinarello FPQ
User avatar
Old and Rusty
 
Posts: 1157
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Is it wrong

Postby winstonw » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:19 pm

Old and Rusty wrote:I go cycling with her ^^^ and my wife doesn't mind.


Careful, Apple could take that as an insult. :shock:
User avatar
winstonw
 
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: Brisbane

Is it wrong

Postby Max » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:39 am

Old and Rusty wrote:Maybe I'm one of the lucky few that have no insecurities or trust issues in their marriage but I seriously don't get some people. I think if there's silly jealousy or anxiety in a relationship then people need to work it out. Males and females can be mates.


QFT!

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy
User avatar
Max
 
Posts: 2895
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:29 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Is it wrong

Postby Apple » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:00 am

Boy we have been busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will bite, ok I think it is better to ride with someone you meet on the road not a neighbour. My pervious neighbour’s wife didn't mind when I rode with “Gelato”, he was a pain but we did ride, his wife “Biscotti” was ok with it and she is still a good friend but that was in a different area, we moved.
I think I live in Barbie lane at present and everyone here is precious. Mr Clitoria saw me once on the road and he asked me if I would like to join in but I was meeting Christine Tham at the time so I declined.
Clitoria’s husband and I have been hibernating over winter and he is unfit like me so he asked about starting up again because the roads are busy and two would be better than one regarding cars.
I will not ask him to ride with me, but if by chance we both leave home at the same time and are heading the same way then I think all rules are out.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Is it wrong

Postby gazman » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:45 am

Be careful Apple. You wouldn't want to rub Clitoria the wrong way.
gazman
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:39 pm

Re: Is it wrong

Postby lovemybike » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:03 am

Old and Rusty wrote:
lovemybike wrote:Apple? Could I join you and your neighbour and we could make it a threesome :) Oh...I mean a cycling threesome :wink:


I go cycling with her ^^^ and my wife doesn't mind. Maybe I'm one of the lucky few that have no insecurities or trust issues in their marriage but I seriously don't get some people. I think if there's silly jealousy or anxiety in a relationship then people need to work it out. Males and females can be mates.



+1 Steve
Image
lovemybike
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Mt Annan, NSW

Re: Is it wrong

Postby feral grasshopper » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:45 am

you guys are hysterical! :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
feral grasshopper
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:13 pm
Location: Blue Mountains, NSW

Re: Is it wrong

Postby Max » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:59 am

gazman wrote:Be careful Apple. You wouldn't want to rub Clitoria the wrong way.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy
User avatar
Max
 
Posts: 2895
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:29 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Is it wrong

Postby lovemybike » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:32 pm

Max wrote:
gazman wrote:Be careful Apple. You wouldn't want to rub Clitoria the wrong way.


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Max



Love it!
Image
lovemybike
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Mt Annan, NSW

Re: Is it wrong

Postby hannos » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:46 pm

Apple wrote: So my question is?
Is it morally wrong to ride with a male neighbour.


No it is not morally wrong.

That doesn't mean a third party won't take offense though and that's what really needs to be asked.
2010 BMC SLC01
Image
User avatar
hannos
 
Posts: 4020
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:18 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Is it wrong

Postby bosvit » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:22 pm

hannos wrote:
Apple wrote: So my question is?
Is it morally wrong to ride with a male neighbour.


No it is not morally wrong.

That doesn't mean a third party won't take offense though and that's what really needs to be asked.

+1

It's the old rule

"It doesn't matter what actually happened, it's perception that counts"
User avatar
bosvit
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:47 pm
Location: Port Lincoln

Re: Is it wrong

Postby marinmomma » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:41 pm

gazman wrote:Be careful Apple. You wouldn't want to rub Clitoria the wrong way.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good thing that I wasn't enjoying a beverage when reading this comment....it would have ended up being sprayed across the screen!

Classic!
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: Is it wrong

Postby wombatK » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:42 pm

Apple wrote:I think I live in Barbie lane at present and everyone here is precious. Mr Clitoria saw me once on the road and he asked me if I would like to join in but I was meeting Christine Tham at the time so I declined.

So why were you worried about him meeting CT ? Worried she'd steal him from precious ? :? Why else wouldn't you want a wingman ? :?
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia
User avatar
wombatK
 
Posts: 5202
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:08 pm
Location: Yagoona, AU

PreviousNext

Return to Women's Cycling

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit