Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Got Questions? Need advice?
Join other women in discussing cycling.

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby marinmomma » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:25 am

82k's today, did a shop ride then did Mt Gravatt on the way home.

Watch out Apple I'm just behind you and I'm meant to start using my bike to get to work this week.... :evil:
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

by BNA » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:47 pm

BNA
 

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:47 pm

marinmomma wrote:Watch out Apple I'm just behind you and I'm meant to start using my bike to get to work this week.... :evil:

I don't cope under pressure marinmomma :oops:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Nice ride today Julie, thanks for coming. :D
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby marinmomma » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:53 pm

What ride did you and Julie do?

I rode with my cycling buddy this morning....first time in ages! it was beautiful out at Redland Bay this morning at sunrise.

almost 160k's for the weekend :D
I'm working hard to turn that Strava Bar green :wink:
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:17 pm

marinmomma wrote:What ride did you and Julie do?

I rode with my cycling buddy this morning....first time in ages! it was beautiful out at Redland Bay this morning at sunrise.

almost 160k's for the weekend :D
I'm working hard to turn that Strava Bar green :wink:

You can see it on Strava,
Julie took nice photos, we did some of the northen beaches. :D,
160 for the weekend, :shock: get a life Marinmomma, just get a life :twisted:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby lovemybike » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:20 pm

Apple wrote:Nice ride today Julie, thanks for coming. :D


Thank you Apple :) it was a lovely ride! I even enjoyed the climb out of Church Point. Also the coffee!
Image
lovemybike
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Mt Annan, NSW

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:25 pm

lovemybike wrote:Thank you Apple :) it was a lovely ride! I even enjoyed the climb out of Church Point. Also the coffee!

That's nice but where are the photos :?
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby lovemybike » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:31 pm

Apple wrote:
lovemybike wrote:Thank you Apple :) it was a lovely ride! I even enjoyed the climb out of Church Point. Also the coffee!

That's nice but where are the photos :?


I'll try to put them on with Tapatalk - my computer can't cope with Photobucket.
Image
lovemybike
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Mt Annan, NSW

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Eleri » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:07 pm

I was ride leader for my club this weekend so I got to ride relatively slowly and chat to people - all good! And to be fair, probably a good thing because my ribs are still a bit sore. I managed about 135kms or so.

And I got myself one of those strava bars because I couldn't be bothered filling in 3 lots of data so I ditched bikejournal.
Image
Eleri
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Inner West, Sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:33 am

Eleri wrote:I was ride leader for my club this weekend so I got to ride relatively slowly and chat to people - all good! And to be fair, probably a good thing because my ribs are still a bit sore. I managed about 135kms or so.

And I got myself one of those strava bars because I couldn't be bothered filling in 3 lots of data so I ditched bikejournal.

:shock: why are your ribs sore, did I miss something
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:46 am

Apple wrote:
Eleri wrote:I was ride leader for my club this weekend so I got to ride relatively slowly and chat to people - all good! And to be fair, probably a good thing because my ribs are still a bit sore. I managed about 135kms or so.

And I got myself one of those strava bars because I couldn't be bothered filling in 3 lots of data so I ditched bikejournal.

:shock: why are your ribs sore, did I miss something


http://www.dhbc.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2989&start=20
A helmet saved my life
User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 14539
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:20 am

Not good. :shock:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby marinmomma » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Good to see that you got out again Apple and that you are just in front of me....for now :twisted:

Still tring to reel in Julie...and Eleri you are doing very well too, hope that those ribs heal.
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:15 pm

I am going to see a psychologist about mojo, things are not great with the relationship. Mojo comes and goes when chooses, :roll: there is no commitment. It is a very difficult time for us but I am working through it. Mojo does not need to be my only inspiration
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby ni78ck » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Apple wrote:I am going to see a psychologist about mojo, things are not great with the relationship. Mojo comes and goes when chooses, :roll: there is no commitment. It is a very difficult time for us but I am working through it. Mojo does not need to be my only inspiration

you may need a new bike :shock: :)
retail therapy :mrgreen:
Oppy Le Mauco - Dura Ace (wet weather bike)
Cervelo S5 VWD - dura ace Di2
User avatar
ni78ck
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:26 pm

ni78ck wrote:you may need a new bike :shock: :)
retail therapy :mrgreen:


I am getting too old for a new bike
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:28 am

:shock: what a sad boring slow ride today :?
30 km in Akuna, I think marionmamma is breaking my spirit. :evil:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby ni78ck » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:01 pm

your never too old for a new bike :)
maybe one with a basket :wink:
Oppy Le Mauco - Dura Ace (wet weather bike)
Cervelo S5 VWD - dura ace Di2
User avatar
ni78ck
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:23 pm

ni78ck wrote:your never too old for a new bike :)
maybe one with a basket :wink:

Thanks Nick, that's how I feel at present. :oops:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby marinmomma » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Apple wrote::shock: what a sad boring slow ride today :?
30 km in Akuna, I think marionmamma is breaking my spirit. :evil:



Good on you for getting out there, Akuna looks like an amazing place to ride!

Did my first commute today....that was better than using public transport or being stuck in traffic! Felt rather smug at riding past all the cars stuck in the traffic jam this morning :wink:

Looking at buying new bike for getting into work....
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Eleri » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:02 am

Apple wrote:
ni78ck wrote:you may need a new bike :shock: :)
retail therapy :mrgreen:


I am getting too old for a new bike


Piffle woman! Buck up. You are far younger than some of the women I race with. And indeed same age as me and I'll never be too old for a new bike!
Image
Eleri
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Inner West, Sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:28 am

Eleri wrote:Piffle woman! Buck up. You are far younger than some of the women I race with. And indeed same age as me and I'll never be too old for a new bike!


:D You think :?
You have great aura Eleri. I love it.
I did 40km today akuna again :roll:
I seem to be getting PB's up Akuna hill, I am not sure why :?
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby lovemybike » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:45 am

Beautiful day so I went and rode 101kms :) and enjoyed it very much! Hope everyone has great weather somewhere to enjoy a ride this weekend.
Image
lovemybike
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Mt Annan, NSW

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby marinmomma » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:21 pm

lovemybike wrote:Beautiful day so I went and rode 101kms :) and enjoyed it very much! Hope everyone has great weather somewhere to enjoy a ride this weekend.



Ipswich 100 tomorrow morning....gonna see if I can talk my riding buddy into adding a few k's to the ride by going down the 100 mile course for a bit before turning around to head back to the finish line....would like to make it a 120k ride if possible :shock:

On another note I purchased (laybyed) a Specialized Dolce today to use for the 'drive' to work....can't wait to pay it off and start riding it....and that 32 toothed cog will be handy to have when the SE winds are blowing in my face on the ride home :wink:
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby lovemybike » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:29 pm

Image
Image
Image
Image

Some photos from my ride today.
Image
lovemybike
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Mt Annan, NSW

PreviousNext

Return to Women's Cycling

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Support BNA
Click for online shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Cycling Express Cycling Express
Ebay Ebay AU
ProBikeKit ProBikeKit UK
Evans Cycles Evans Cycles UK
JensonUSA Jenson USA
JensonUSA Competitive Cyclist