Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Got Questions? Need advice?
Join other women in discussing cycling.

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Rest day tomorrow, thank goodness :D
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

by BNA » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:21 pm

BNA
 

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Eleri » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Apple wrote:I was in CP park today, 42 km, I was looking for Eleri but didnt see her.


Friday is gym day. Always. I'm a girl with a habit.

But tomorrow I'm doing a 300km ride. Assuming I survive that is. I've never ridden that far before.
Image
Eleri
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Inner West, Sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:29 pm

You will be fine Eleri,
enjoy, when you get back I am coming with Di to the DHCC rides.
Eleri wrote:[Friday is gym day. Always. I'm a girl with a habit.

.

And I am a girl with many :mrgreen:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby psyclechick » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:50 am

Nice work ladies :)

Here is my Strava page: http://app.strava.com/athletes/45500

Just spent a couple of days with a riding buddy in Sydney, rest day today (always when coming off night shift) and probably about 80-90 tomorrow with a bunch ride on Beach Road Sunday :)

I need to get more miles in... :-|
It only hurts if you let it....
You kids get off my lawn...I can say that now I am old...
User avatar
psyclechick
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:51 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby feral grasshopper » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:07 am

Eleri wrote:
Apple wrote:I was in CP park today, 42 km, I was looking for Eleri but didnt see her.


Friday is gym day. Always. I'm a girl with a habit.

But tomorrow I'm doing a 300km ride. Assuming I survive that is. I've never ridden that far before.


You doing the BRAG ride, Eleri? Jealous! (I think!) v best of luck, I'll watch out for the Strava stats, I'd like to have a go at that one, be interesting to get your thoughts on it
User avatar
feral grasshopper
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:13 pm
Location: Blue Mountains, NSW

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:52 am

psyclechick wrote:Nice work ladies :)

Here is my Strava page: http://app.strava.com/athletes/45500

Just spent a couple of days with a riding buddy in Sydney, rest day today (always when coming off night shift) and probably about 80-90 tomorrow with a bunch ride on Beach Road Sunday :)

I need to get more miles in... :-|


My rest day as well., I am getting tired. I have a big ride tomorrow, I hope this old body of mine will recover for tomorrow
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby marinmomma » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:41 am

No rest for me, but no big kays this morning as I rode with a friend who is getting back into cycling after a year off, so while it was fun it was slower than usual.

Hopefully a bigger ride tomorrow to catch this red arrow!

What are you doing tomorrow Apple?
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:02 am

marinmomma wrote:What are you doing tomorrow Apple?

Making sure you don't catch me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am going to ride the 3 gorges, very hilly, training for the TDU. My last big ride before I go.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby marinmomma » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:05 am

Haha Apple, we're back to this again, don't get me wrong I love it, so watch out I'm after you!

Aiming for 7000 this year, be nice to get 7777 done though but setting that goal would get me booted out the the 6k club and this one too :wink:
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby marinmomma » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:08 am

Apple wrote:
marinmomma wrote:What are you doing tomorrow Apple?

Making sure you don't catch me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am going to ride the 3 gorges, very hilly, training for the TDU. My last big ride before I go.



Sounds nice, and I'm jealous that you're off the the TDU...enjoy Adelaide, it's lovely!
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:12 am

Thanks, Next year I think we should organise a womens TDU ride for the whole week.
what do you think :D
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby marinmomma » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:16 am

Apple wrote:Thanks, Next year I think we should organise a womens TDU ride for the whole week.
what do you think :D



I'd love it, we hope to go next year!

We lived in Adelaide for 5 years and as we weren't into cycling then we never went to the TDU :roll:

Now it will cost us a fortune to go!
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:19 am

I am very excited about it.
I was meant to go 2 years ago but was getting my lower back fixed after a prolapse, so I was very disappointed to have missed it after booking the whole thing
:cry:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby lovemybike » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:24 am

Good day for riding so I rode 101kms!

Hope you get cool weather in Adelaide Apple :) a day like today would be good.
Image
lovemybike
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Mt Annan, NSW

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:43 pm

lovemybike wrote:Good day for riding so I rode 101kms!

Hope you get cool weather in Adelaide Apple :) a day like today would be good.

Thank you Julie, but back to your ride.
I don't see photos, I can't seem to find a ride report. :? Please explaine. :twisted:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby lovemybike » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Apple wrote:
lovemybike wrote:Good day for riding so I rode 101kms!

Hope you get cool weather in Adelaide Apple :) a day like today would be good.

Thank you Julie, but back to your ride.
I don't see photos, I can't seem to find a ride report. :? Please explaine. :twisted:


Too exhausted to write :wink:
Image
lovemybike
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Mt Annan, NSW

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:21 pm

Well I hope you are having a rest day.
I will try and find a nice toilet tomorrow to take a photo of. but I will post it in the other club thread :mrgreen:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:56 am

OM G the rain :shock: It hurts when it comes down so hard :shock: :shock:
only got in 30km.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Eleri » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:12 pm

feral grasshopper wrote:
You doing the BRAG ride, Eleri? Jealous! (I think!) v best of luck, I'll watch out for the Strava stats, I'd like to have a go at that one, be interesting to get your thoughts on it


I did do this yesterday. Turns out that 300km is quite a long way! It was my longest ride ever and I was pretty pleased with my avg speed of 23.5. The weather is crazy! We started off at Beecroft, Sydney at 4am and ended up in Goulburn at about 6.45pm. The last person in got in about 8pm or thereabouts. The last 20km or so felt really hard, but my stats don't show. I think it's mental as much as anything.

Anyway, feeling confident that I can do the ACE 250 in 2 weeks time given it is shorter and will also take about 15 hours I guess. But way more climbing.
Image
Eleri
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Inner West, Sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Eleri » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:14 pm

Apple wrote:OM G the rain :shock: It hurts when it comes down so hard :shock: :shock:
only got in 30km.



Have a great time at the TDU Apple! You will do fine, and you've put in heaps of training, despite today's impromptu bike wash.
Image
Eleri
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Inner West, Sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:45 pm

Eleri wrote:
Apple wrote:OM G the rain :shock: It hurts when it comes down so hard :shock: :shock:
only got in 30km.



Have a great time at the TDU Apple! You will do fine, and you've put in heaps of training, despite today's impromptu bike wash.

Thanks Eleri, I am worried that I have not spend more time on the bike. How do you feel after the 300km ride
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby lovemybike » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Eleri wrote:
feral grasshopper wrote:
You doing the BRAG ride, Eleri? Jealous! (I think!) v best of luck, I'll watch out for the Strava stats, I'd like to have a go at that one, be interesting to get your thoughts on it


I did do this yesterday. Turns out that 300km is quite a long way! It was my longest ride ever and I was pretty pleased with my avg speed of 23.5. The weather is crazy! We started off at Beecroft, Sydney at 4am and ended up in Goulburn at about 6.45pm. The last person in got in about 8pm or thereabouts. The last 20km or so felt really hard, but my stats don't show. I think it's mental as much as anything.

Anyway, feeling confident that I can do the ACE 250 in 2 weeks time given it is shorter and will also take about 15 hours I guess. But way more climbing.


Amazing ride Eleri! I'm so impressed :) It's such a long way!
Image
lovemybike
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Mt Annan, NSW

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:59 pm

Eleri wrote:[I did do this yesterday. Turns out that 300km is quite a long way! It was my longest ride ever and I was pretty pleased with my avg speed of 23.5. The weather is crazy! We started off at Beecroft, Sydney at 4am and ended up in Goulburn at about 6.45pm. The last person in got in about 8pm or thereabouts. The last 20km or so felt really hard, but my stats don't show. I think it's mental as much as anything.

Anyway, feeling confident that I can do the ACE 250 in 2 weeks time given it is shorter and will also take about 15 hours I guess. But way more climbing.

Boy I sound like a dumb blond :? here is the answer to my question above.
:oops: Well done. :P
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby lovemybike » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:42 am

25kms before work and made it home just before the rain :?
Image
lovemybike
 
Posts: 924
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 pm
Location: Mt Annan, NSW

Re: Womens cycling 3333 to 6666k club

Postby Apple » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:06 am

lovemybike wrote:25kms before work and made it home just before the rain :?

It's raining here again, I now know why I keep losing my mojo :?
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

PreviousNext

Return to Women's Cycling

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit