Cycling apparel for women

Aria2

Postby Aria2 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:39 pm

Can anyone recommend a cycling apparel manufacturer that makes larger sizes? I find it a bit like gym clothes. They think if you are exercising you must be no more than a size 12. Managed to find a good pair of netti shorts in a size 18 (normally a 14 to 16 max) but the jerseys are all too small. :D :)

wallaby

Re: Cycling apparel for women

Postby wallaby » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:21 am

Have you considered looking for mens jerseys?? They would definately make them in those sizes. I myself have only ever bought cheap jerseys online (as I am just starting out). Usually they post the sizing/measurements and they are generally quite accurate.
Kym
2012 Giant Avail 1 (black and white, not pink!)

RonK

Postby RonK » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:46 am

US sites are your best bet - they are more likely to stock larger sizes.

Try Bicyclinghub.com, they have a good range and reasonable prices and shipping charges.

Another site is teamestrogen.com, but I haven't had any dealings with them.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

Mel.b

Postby Mel.b » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:36 pm

I wear a size 20 - 22 normally and have found www.aerotechdesigns.com in the US great for larger sized cycling stuff. I have padded shorts, a jersey and leggins all from them. Check out both the women's and the plus size section as there is a bigger range in the women's section, and a lot of it still goes to larger sizes but is not listed in the plus section.

summercyclist

Postby summercyclist » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:43 pm

These are very good tips. Will definitely look into them, since I was facing the same problem and have been looking everywhere. Thanks a lot :)

goneriding

Postby goneriding » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:34 pm

Try this site http://bellavelo.com.au/. They have a good range of sizes and their gear is good quality.