Women's Rapha Clothing

Got Questions? Need advice?
Join other women in discussing cycling.

Women's Rapha Clothing

Postby GTRmon7 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:34 pm

Does anyone have any experience with any of Rapha's women's range?

My girlfriend has just bought her first roadie, and I'm looking to buy her a set of knicks as a gift.

She did say that she was concerned about the 3/4 knicks, especially here in a Brisbane summer; are the 3/4 knicks too hot?
GTRmon7

by BNA » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:50 pm

BNA

Re: Women's Rapha Clothing

Postby Ruby » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:50 pm

The 3/4 knicks I have are bibs and are very fleecy. I only wear them in winter in Sydney. The pearl izumi 3/4 knicks would be better but I would still think a bit warm?

The shorts are a really funny fit. I have just sent two pair back to the UK as they are a really unflattering length. I am short but the xxs literally went to the top of my knees. The waist band was really comfy but they were just too long and looked strange.

I wear a lot of kit from these guys

http://shop.jlathletics.com/index.php?c=174

The rapha womens jerseys are quite nice though and I am keen to try their rain jackets.
Ruby

Postby marinmomma » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:06 pm

I would be too hot in 3/4 knicks during summer here....I have a pair which are fleece linned and they are perfect for early morning rides in late autumn and early spring.

I have on experience with Rapha clothing but my favourite knicks are from Sugoi.

hth
Lisa
marinmomma

Postby GTRmon7 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:41 am

Cheers guys,

GF ended up spotting some Avanti pure black racing bibs on sale, so we got those. She's considering a jersey, so might look at Rapha again, they've updated their spring/summer range.

I'm also keen for a Rapha rain jacket, but $350 is a giant chunk of money, especially when I don't ride in the rain much (besides, I live in Brisbane, rain isn't the biggest issue).

Will check out JL and Sugoi.
GTRmon7

Return to Women's Cycling