Womens MTB: What are you riding?

env1romelza

Womens MTB: What are you riding?

Postby env1romelza » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:10 am

Hello!

I've been looking at purchasing a new mountain bike to hit the trails here in perth. I've not really done much mtb since an injury about 2 years ago but on a recent ride fell in love with the sport again! I currently have a Giant Boulder which is too big and clumsy for me but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what a decent new bike might be. Im 162cm tall so I think that this time round a WSD bike would be ideal. My budget is generous - up to $1800 for the right bike. I've male friends that have moved away from 26" to 29rs but imnot completely sold on the larger wheel size. Plus they are much taller than me. I will be riding some trails and some single track.
What MTB's are others out there riding?
Can anyone recommend me a particular brand or bike?
All advice is appreciated!!!
Thank you :D

Huff&Puff

Re: Womens MTB: What are you riding?

Postby Huff&Puff » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi env1romelza

I ride an Azzuri & really happy with that, though I don't get to ride it as much as I would like. I would like to go off road more often but find it hard to get someone to go with. I see you are form Waikiki, I am in Safety Bay if you ever want some one to ride off road with. :D
More people cycling.

env1romelza

Postby env1romelza » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:01 pm

Hi Huff&puff! Thanks for your reply - I am definately looking for people to ride with, infact I recently posted elsewhere about MTB riding partners! I went up to Langford Park for the first time a few weekends ago and just loved it. Can't wait to go back! Only thing is I work away so am not able to go regularly :S
Mel

Huff&Puff

Postby Huff&Puff » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi env1romelza

Thats ok I can only take the mountain bike out occasionally anyway. Their are some great trails up at Dwellingup also Jarradale. If you want something closer there are tracks around lake Coolgoonlup between Dixon Rd & Safety Bay road. Also some off road dirt tracks up the back of Kwinana, I haven't been on those but keep promising myself I will go up there one day. You can contact me by email which I think you can access via my user name. If not send me a private message & I will send you my email address.
Cheers

K
More people cycling.